Can Thai Children Do Anything They Like To Do?

vvvaaa

I don't know why this thred moved from chiang mai forum to general forum.

but here is my replay

I think that this is not an isolated case. Discipline is a not too much practised feature of bringing up a child here.

Most (many) times the father is always drunk or out of it on ya baa.

It will only be a matter of time before the kid gets into real trouble.

I am sorry but I can't offer too much in the way of advice. She should have belted his litle brown arse a bit more. 

I agree with you

The boy wouldnt behave that way if he had not been seriously neglected for a long time. All kids are programmed to love their parents and have them as role models, it is only a lack of interest / no signs of love from the parents that will destroy the child's trust to that point. Now it is very close to too late already, but if she wants him back as a son she has to go to where he is and drag him by the neck back to their home.
I agree with you, but she will never "drag him by the neck" because it is not what he likes to do. Now she the last couple of days gives him money to go to school, and money for eat. But he don’t come home, only come and take money and clean cloths and than leave again.
If he has lived in an environment like that he is already well on the way to getting tough and getting habits like a criminal. It is very likely he is already using drugs, at least alcohol if nothing else. She needs to devote her full attention to the kid, talk straight and set up strict but simple rules he should follow.

I’m afraid of that to. You say, “talk straight and set up strict but simple rules he should follow.” She have never given them any rules, and if she at a seldom time get angry on her kits, than the punishment; are you hungry I make just what you like or here is 20B go buy candy.

If possible, moving to a new town, preferably a smaller place is probably a good idea since that means he will have the chance to start again without any stigma from other people who gossip about who he is and what he has done. More importantly, it means his access to his former gang members will be discontinued. If they stay, he wont be able to ditch them even if he wants to.
She is thinking of move him to a school fare from Chiang Mai where he can stay on the school.
Just my two cents. I realize these are major changes, but that is often what it takes to put a person on the right track again.

she don’t like to change her self, dot like to move him to a boarding school.

As long as he refuses to do anything, including staying home or going to school, there's not much you can do...

It's difficult with such sketchy info to know his background, but Meadish could very well be right. It could also be a situation where, except for the school part, he might be in a better situation now, than at home. We don't know the family dynamics at all.

Might just have to wait it out. If he's doing this stuff because he's really desiring more control (sense of security from limits being set) by others, then he will likely escalate his behaviours to the point of something breaking, like getting arrested. Once he's in the justice system, something positive may come out of that experience, as strange as that seems. It certainly did for me, and I was his age... Of course, the experience could go either way...

Yes and the police will not do anything before he is taking for a crime.
As a parent, try to keep lines of communication open. Try to understand what he wants, rather than what he doesn't want. At age 15, he can take a General Education exam for each level, through M6, and receive his diploma, so at least try to get him to this stage. Education is his best survival skill, and you should do whatever you can to get him his education, through cajoling, bribes, or whatever...
yes lets hope he don’t fall out of the school now.
The Chiang Mai Provincial Juvenile and Family Courts at 053-265-202 has Social Workers that might have some advice to offer...

Best of luck.

She think since the police, lawyer and the school don want to do that the cant ether!? !? !? !?