Fishing Bar + Resteraunt In Phuket

Optimodo

About 4 years ago I was taken to a restaurant/bar in Patong which had a small pool filled with some kind of fish or sea creature like prawns. And the idea was you paid for an hours fishing and near the end of the hour they would take whatever you have caught and cook it for you and you could eat it. Anyway this was located quite off the normal routes and I would never be able to find it again. Does anyone know of this bar and have some directions to it if it still exists.

Secondly I'm looking for a similar place located in Bangkok if anyone knows of it.

Thanks

Mike

About 4 years ago I was taken to a restaurant/bar in Patong which had a small pool filled with some kind of fish or sea creature like prawns. And the idea was you paid for an hours fishing and near the end of the hour they would take whatever you have caught and cook it for you and you could eat it. Anyway this was located quite off the normal routes and I would never be able to find it again. Does anyone know of this bar and have some directions to it if it still exists.

Secondly I'm looking for a similar place located in Bangkok if anyone knows of it.

Thanks

Mike

there's a place off Nani road with a srimp pool and karoke which is quite mad.

can't tell you exactly where it is but some where near the ocean pub, ask around and i am sure you will find it.

Thanks

Mike

Sounds quite revolting - like the (supposedly 'posh') restaurants where you choose the fish swimming about (relatively) happily in a tank, that you would like to be killed and then presented to you as your meal.

Why on earth would you want to 'fish' in a small restaurant pool to catch your meal???

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel!

Everyone to their own I suppose, but some things really make me wonder!

Thanks

Mike

Sounds quite revolting - like the (supposedly 'posh') restaurants where you choose the fish swimming about (relatively) happily in a tank, that you would like to be killed and then presented to you as your meal.

Why on earth would you want to 'fish' in a small restaurant pool to catch your meal???

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel!

Everyone to their own I suppose, but some things really make me wonder!

I see what you mean, however the one I went to was not so much of a restaurant with the idea of you catch your "meal" just a bar you could go fishing in and the fact they cooked what you catch and you can eat it was just a bonus. The main idea is to go have a drink and have some fun fishing at the same time. Anyway it was just something a bit different and a fun alternative activity for a few hours one night.

Thanks to the other poster I think that the bar you describe may be the one I am thinking about hopefully I will be able to find it on my next trip to patong.

Ive not heard of this before so excuse my ignorance...

You have to fish for prawns using a fishing line? Wouldnt it take days before you had caught enought for a decent meal. I didnt even know it was possible to catch a prawn on a fishing line...

Sounds like fun though either way...made me laugh just reading it

You put a bit of bait on the line.. The freshwater prawns grab the bait and dont let go, you gently 'land' them..

Its from a stocked pool of prawns so masses in there.. You pay for what you catch by weight and they can cook them up if you want..

Its usually a beer and fishing rod mess about.. Thai girls shrieking and enjoying sanuk of catching them.. Plus they are often open 24h and serve booze at 6am so I have been dragged to them for 6 till 10 drinking sessions when other bars are opening.. or closure days..

• 6 months later...