Visiting Hua Hin

PLJ

Hi all

My wife and I will be vacationing in the Hua Hin for about 3 weeks towards the end of May. The purpose of our visit is partly beach time and also preperation for retirement to this vicinity at the end of 2005. We would like to get some information on homes and property for sale. our interest is in a semi rural setting up to 100km south of Hua Hin and somewhat close to the beach,availability of chanote title is mandatory, outside of that no other pre-existing conditions. So if you have or know of anything available please let us know we would like to take a look.

You could take a look at Prachuapkirikhan town itself and the surrounding areas.

Further on down - between Prachuap and Chumpon is Bang Saphang (yai and noi). I've been to BS yai a few times for long weekends and it's an up and coming area. Beaches are reasonable, particularly if you get off the beaten track and look for them. Prices for accomodation, food, drink etc are quite a bit cheaper than HH. Overall, the area has a relaxed feel. There are westerners settling there now and the main town has all the usual facilities.

Not sure about land prices, but they would come in way below HH.

There are plenty of real estate agents in HH. Best to have a word with some of them. They may even have property down there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've stayed in many places in the LoS but never visited Hua Hin. I know it has nowhere near the scope of entertainment of Pattaya or Phuket but I'm thinking of paying a visit in June. Is it worth a couple of weeks (or perhaps a couple of days)for a single farang? Would there be enough to do or is it, like the guide books & brochures say, more of a family resort.

I'd appreciate anyone's views.

I've stayed in many places in the LoS  but never visited Hua Hin. I know it has nowhere near the scope of entertainment of Pattaya or Phuket but I'm thinking of paying a visit in June. Is it worth a couple of weeks (or perhaps a couple of days)for a single farang? Would there be enough to do or is it, like the guide books & brochures say, more of a family resort.

I'd appreciate anyone's views.

There is plenty to do for a single farang.... :o

totster :D