Thai Cabinet Warned Flu Cases To Hit 50,000 Per Week

george

There is currently no vaccine for this current Swine Flu.

Trials are about to be conducted in Australia on 240 people and children starting in the next few days. But even if everything goes as planned about3 months before any will be released generally.

Tammiflu has show no work..10 capsules per pack..usually 2 a day.

The other prduct named relenza also works. It is an inhalant but I believe not available in Thailand.

No ned to really worry about fancy hand washes..just wash well with soap and water.

Pregnant woman lost bayby to swine flu in Australia this week.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The projection in the UK is 100,000 pw in August to become infected with 20 out of every 200 dying of complications. I hear that ice-rinks in London have been commissioned if the mortuaries ... The pandemic is estimated to last for around five years with between 30,000 - 60,000 + being taken by it. The worrying part will be when ordinary flu is about from October on through the Winter - vaccines for the elderly and vulnerable will be ready in a few months (?)

For Thailand, apart from kai wut - that a lot seem to get around February - March when the season changes from hot to very hot, it has to be if the virus mutates with existing bird flu. Hopefully this wont happen.

The projection in the UK is 100,000 pw in August to become infected with 20 out of every 200 dying of complications.

I would check your numbers if I were you - this makes 10,000 deaths a week!

The Dengue Fever is far worse than the Swine Flu and is not yet even reported by the Media. Scaremongering at it's finest.

what's makes you think Dengue is far worse? if you are not bitten by certain mosquito do you have any chance of getting the fever? timely medication will save you from dengue these days.

Oh, what meds would that be???

I had Dengue in March/April and the only meds they recommend are

Paracitemol and Tylenol with codein. And lots of water.

I have had the flu over the last 50 years 5-6 times, including an earlier Swine flu.

I can tell you for sure Dengue is MUCH worse than any flu I ever had.

I just didn't get nasal congestion from it.

I Had a confirmed dose of swine flu here in Sydney ,not a big deal,just the flu . I had dengue years ago in Indonesia ,thought I was gonna die for sure .

The only one who is profiting by this scare and fear monger game is the Pharma Mafia... come on see the numbers

7667 infections

to

44 deaths

(and mostly 'underlying diseases' and already weakened people die?)

So now the hospitals, helped by the media are advertising their shots at like 800 Baht?

It is nowhere REALLY ! proven that the existing 'symptom suppressing' and not 'curing' medication of Tamiflu and the sorts is effective! The people taking it actually develop flu like symptoms!!!

The vaccination is PROVEN - to weaken the immune system (especially in youngsters, who then do NOT develop a working immune system), due to it's toxic components and metals like aluminum (which is hardly debates as a MAJOR contributor to Parkinson & Alzheimer syndromes), mercury and so forth.

Guys we need to look into this! I think the vaccination is the real killer knocking peoples system down low and then the real virus is 'released', eh found I mean, of course... Isn't it strange that those new killer virus strains are mostly coming out of some laboratory or other (military associated organization) ??? Anyone remember the Anthrax scam years ago?

Make up your minds!

GoodLuck

&

GodSpeed!

P.S. dprogram . net/2009/07/05/video-jane-burgermeister-interview-on-swine-flu-depopulation

P.P.S. and isn't it funny that the mind programmers out there are fiddling with our brains since MONTHs always reminding and enforcing the picture of the coming PAN(dem)IC ? LMAO! problem, reaction, solution - par excellance !

You need to stop watching movies and think for yourself. What antrhax scare? Military labs? gosh.

The projection in the UK is 100,000 pw in August to become infected with 20 out of every 200 dying of complications.

It's not my numbers but those constantly give over a period of one week on the news. The latter numbers of 30,000 - 60, 000 + deaths are snippets that I've heard from BBC radio over the past few days. Although admittedly, I may be wrong about that number covering a five-year period. It may be in one year ?

It's not my numbers but those constantly give over a period of one week on the news. The latter numbers of 30,000 - 60, 000 + deaths are snippets that I've heard from BBC radio over the past few days. Although admittedly, I may be wrong about that number covering a five-year period. It may be in one year ?

It is more the 20 out of every 200 dying of complications - I read that as a 10% mortality rate instead on the more widely predicted 0.4%.

Edited by Orac

50000 cases a week?? Where did they pull that number out of?

40617 cases suspected/confirmed 263 deaths in the US 0.6% fatality rate and I suspect many of the fatalities would have died soon anyways.

Fear mongering at its worse. The fatality rate is 0.57% in LOS. Still no panic in the streets of the US. Nobodies running around in masks. And you will be hard pressed to find it mentioned on the news.

The problem is the media which tends to create an out of proportion epidemic of their own including even this forum. If the Thai cabinet predicted the end of the world would it necessarily come to pass and what good comes out of reporting a scare like this especially to an economically depressed situation already here in Thailand and abroad. Amazing really!

The Dengue Fever is far worse than the Swine Flu and is not yet even reported by the Media. Scaremongering at it's finest.

what's makes you think Dengue is far worse? if you are not bitten by certain mosquito do you have any chance of getting the fever? timely medication will save you from dengue these days.

Read here-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever

http://www.who.int/topics/dengue/en/

It is 10x worse then the Swine Flu will ever be.The Media wants a story and that is why they are using Swine Flu. Like I Said,Scaremonging at it's Finest.

Read here-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dengue_fever

http://www.who.int/topics/dengue/en/

It is 10x worse then the Swine Flu will ever be.The Media wants a story and that is why they are using Swine Flu. Like I Said,Scaremonging at it's Finest.

Yup, good promotion and strategy for the upcoming tourist high-season (if there is one this year)... :)

Very beneficial. I understand "don't kill the messenger..." But instead of scaremongering they should clarify and educate about the facts!

"...in the civillized world, government is ordering 2 vaccins per person...

thailand with 60 million people is ordering ... 1 tablet per 50 people..."

The vaccine and the tablets were in different stories. They are not the same thing.

I believe they said the vaccine should be ready in a few months. Tamiflu tablets are already on the market.

The symptoms of Dengue Fever are much worse (generally speaking) than the flu. The difference is that there won't be 50,000 people getting Dengue Fever every week.

The flu is easily spread human to human, Dengue is not.

here is not really a need to explain the wrongful terminology that is used in this rubbish article. With a chance of just 6 out of 1000 to end up in a bad situation, people should keep their cool. a seasonal flue is a mass murderer too. Just because it is a pandemic does not necessarily mean that the number of deadly victims will be significantly higher nor would it imply that the number of infected people is higher.

I guess that the word Pandemic equals a lot of money opportunities for politicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical industry and even the textile industry. That is seen by some as a nice bonus.

50,000 a week? My government sure wants to scare people. They are only making people paranoid. BMA closes 400+ schools last week to help prevent the spread on infections, only to have the children go to cyber cafe's, movie theaters and the malls. Such wisdom.

with 7000 people with flu 40 dying =one in every 175 people that's 5714 for every million with 50mil in thailand that's approx 300,000 people that will die.

that's not a very bright outlook and for me it is not good either as i am taking immure suppressants.

The only one who is profiting by this scare and fear monger game is the Pharma Mafia... come on see the numbers

7667 infections

to

44 deaths

(and mostly 'underlying diseases' and already weakened people die?)

So now the hospitals, helped by the media are advertising their shots at like 800 Baht?

It is nowhere REALLY ! proven that the existing 'symptom suppressing' and not 'curing' medication of Tamiflu and the sorts is effective! The people taking it actually develop flu like symptoms!!!

The vaccination is PROVEN - to weaken the immune system (especially in youngsters, who then do NOT develop a working immune system), due to it's toxic components and metals like aluminum (which is hardly debates as a MAJOR contributor to Parkinson & Alzheimer syndromes), mercury and so forth.

Guys we need to look into this! I think the vaccination is the real killer knocking peoples system down low and then the real virus is 'released', eh found I mean, of course... Isn't it strange that those new killer virus strains are mostly coming out of some laboratory or other (military associated organization) ??? Anyone remember the Anthrax scam years ago?

Make up your minds!

GoodLuck

&

GodSpeed!

P.S. dprogram . net/2009/07/05/video-jane-burgermeister-interview-on-swine-flu-depopulation

P.P.S. and isn't it funny that the mind programmers out there are fiddling with our brains since MONTHs always reminding and enforcing the picture of the coming PAN(dem)IC ? LMAO! problem, reaction, solution - par excellance !

Aluminum is a problem? But that's what my tinfoil hat is made out of!

Anthrax scam is unrelated. This is more like SARS.

We can pretend all we want that this is some government/illuminati conspiracy. The only problem is that as a school teacher, I've seen an uncanny amount of sick kids recently. I've seen high fevers and coughs like you wouldn't believe. This is way different than any kind of seasonal malady I've ever seen before. Unfortunately it's real. Now the only thing we can do is take adequate precautions against infections and hope these sick kids are just sick, and don't end up dead.

About 10 days ago what I thought was a common cold suddenly gave me a high fever. I went straight to the hospital at 4 o'clock in the morning. They tested me and the following day I was informed that I had H1N1 and was put on Tamiflu. They sent me home and told me to stay there for 5 days. I was never really sick, and afterwards they took another blood test + x-rays.

Please everyone. When in doubt, just go see the doctor. DO NOT WAIT.

There is no way anyone can prevent this virus from spreading, but if you act sensibly, there should be no problem.

I think this is wrong. They don't have 30 million doses of tamiflu here. People with mild symptoms should not go to the doctor.

The people who have died have either had existing medical conditions such as asthma And/OR they did not seek medical care in time. At least that is how I read the information available to me.

The people who have died have either had existing medical conditions such as asthma And/OR they did not seek medical care in time. At least that is how I read the information available to me.

It is a mild flu for nearly everyone. What medical attention do you think you need for mild flu?

It is a mild flu for nearly everyone. What medical attention do you think you need for mild flu?

As long as it stays a mild flu there is no need to react, but if you suddenly after a few days get really worse it is time to react. Without delay. Simple really.

My friend got a Tamiflu shot before he deployed overseas last year. He was sick for 3 weeks!(from the shot) He said the symptoms were the worst that he had ever suffered. Go figure

I think if I don't get a flu shot, I MIGHT get the flu. If I do get the shot, it's GUARANTEED.

My friend got a Tamiflu shot before he deployed overseas last year. He was sick for 3 weeks!(from the shot) He said the symptoms were the worst that he had ever suffered. Go figure

I think if I don't get a flu shot, I MIGHT get the flu. If I do get the shot, it's GUARANTEED.

Please explain. What is a Tamiflu shot? Tamiflu is supposed to cure as far as I know, not a vaccine?

Tamiflu is supposed to cure as far as I know, not a vaccine?
It is a treatment, not a cure.
Tamiflu does NOT cure swine flu. It lessens the symptoms if taken in the first 48 hours that symptoms occur. It can help prevent it if taken prior to exposure ...
Yahoo answers

In the US, alot of the deaths are healthy people in their 20s and 30s. At least in Texas.

:)

I think this is wrong. They don't have 30 million doses of tamiflu here. People with mild symptoms should not go to the doctor.

In the US, alot of the deaths are healthy people in their 20s and 30s. At least in Texas.

Yes, the higher risk group is different for this pandemic than for a seasonal flu. That is true. That means the first groups to get the vaccine will be different groups, with a focus on young people rather than old people.