Thai Cabinet Warned Flu Cases To Hit 50,000 Per Week

george

Thai cabinet warned flu cases to hit 50,000 per week

Pandemic A(H1N1) flood expected in August

By John Le Fevre

BANGKOK (thaivisa.com): -- The chairman of the Public Health Ministry’s advisory committee on strategy for public health and medicine has urged the government to prepare for a flood of pandemic A(H1N1) patients starting in July.

The warning came as the Cabinet received a briefing that the number of patients with the pandemic A(H1N1) virus will more than double from 20,000 cases per week to 50,000 per week as the virus continues to move unabated through the community.

thaivisa-news.png

-- thaivisa.com 2009-07-22

The most interesting part of this supposed "swine flu epidemic" is what we are NOT being told about it.

To find out more, google 'Jane Burgermeister' and read the articles and watch the youtube videos that come up.

Also google 'scribd' and read the documents related to 'Jane Burgermeister.

Your life may depend on it!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I came down with it here in BKK 10 days ago and it's no cake walk. The last time I've been this sick was the nasty strain of the flu that came out about 9 1/2 years ago. I've basically been bed bound for a week and a half.

Yes, this would easily be deadly if I was a small child, obese or elderly person. I also got a secondary infection (bacteria loves irritation) but luckily azithromycin shut that off in a couple days....but the piggy flu symptoms linger. I suspect I won't have my full strength back for a month. THAT's why they're worried about it; it's a nasty strain and it has also been morphing. There are tamiflu resistant cases in China now. Thailand is no longer testing patients; they run through a quick checklist to differentiate whether it's piggy or not but they're under reporting on an enormous scale (tourism, reputation, economics and use of lab resources). At the time there were 220 cases, I knew entire families who had come down with it and the youngsters went back to care for them since they were all laid out so even then the numbers were way off (since MOST people don't get tested from what I've seen here so far with those who have the defining symptoms). They're saying 80% of flu victims will have the piggy flu so why bother counting.

The biggest problem is 1. We cannot control it 2. It's from an animal and it morphed to get to be what it is today 3. It will continue to morph and possibly become more deadly OR a new, deadlier strain will start from scratch somewhere else (not to scare; just science). How rapidly it's been spreading shows how small the world is now so it truly will be another plague soon as a deadlier strain comes out (we were lucky this time); just a matter of time. The "flu" has been known to wipe out large portions of populations throughout recent history. I'd bank on a deadlier strain soon.

The community eating and close contact in this culture is a perfect breeding ground-all of Asia.

To clarify; the blue masks they sell do help (it is spread by aerosol droplets so the chances are higher any will reduce exposure but the nicer one's are the best and their comfort increases compliance). The biggest mistake is people aren't washing them with soap and water (if reusable) or their hands after taking it off defeating the purpose of the barrier. They either need to be washed or placed in a tied plastic bag after use then wash your hooves.

It is a big deal because we can't control it so this is a perfect test case for a deadlier one that will come sooner or later.