Penang: Tourist Visa Rejected If Have 3 Tvisas Already...

in Penang next week and intend to apply for TV - ideally my last as I turn the magical 50 in April;

Who would have thought that people are actually looking forward to turning 50. The Thai immigration is screwing with peoples' heads so much that 50 has become a "magical" age.

I'd gladly forgo my retirement visa for another stab at 30 or even 40 or 45 lol.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tropo - not necessarily looking forward to 50 - but not much i can do about that event.

Being able to go on the retirement visa will make things simpler for me though; there is one 'highlight' for me as I compete in distance ocean swimming and triathlons and go into the 50-54 age group, or 50-59 in some cases, gives a slight advantage at times.

I am in this moment in Kuala Lumpur and applied today for a Tourist Visa.

I was told I can pick it up tomorrow. Hopefully no negative surprises.

Flight from Phuket to KL and back ca. 6000 baht and much more healthy than a bus ride.

For me since years KL Thai Embassy works best, it's reliable, effective and fast.

Did you apply for a single or double entry? Was it free, and Can you recommend a hotel in KL?

• 1 year later...

hi, is this still a problem in penang??

i have had three back to back tourist visa's from - kl, penang, kl + 30days extension. i have just booked my minibus to penang tomorrow and then saw this thread, now it's got me pretty worried violin.gif

i also have a previous tourist visa from penang from two years ago.. could do with an up to date definitive answer: has someone been there in the past 3 months with a similar status to me?? and what was the outcome??!

i was going to get banana to do it for me this time, but having read some of the earlier posts, i'll hire a moped and take it myself!

ok, so they gave me a fourth tourist visa in a row in penang! so i'm happy about that. problem is, they said i wouldn't get another tourist visa... they put a red stamp on the new visa saying:

Remark; The holder of this passport travels to Thailand under a tourist visa several times which may result in refusal of a visa in the future.

i asked about other kinds of visa and the guy said that's no problem if i have the paperwork for a type B or O visa for instance, but not another tourist visa. after reading what some other people have written, maybe i'll still be able to get one from laos or just do a few 15 border hops... or get a new passport?! (only have 6 pages left empty now). my advice would be if you're going to penang to get a tourist visa, hire a moped (from h.s. sam book store - west end of chulia st. only 20 rm, deposit 150 rm) and go and do it youself. the guy at the consulate said he woudn't normally give another visa, but he felt generous! ie. he will tell you if ur gonna get it or not before having to pay 110 rm. if i had given it to banana, i would most likely not have got the visa and lost 110 rm plus 30 odd ringit service charge!

also, if you want to book travel and are in chulia st, go to hs sam book store... got ticket to koh lanta for 75rm, it would have been 88rm from banana. plus the guy is a very nice man too! :)

• 1 year later...

please inform others in correct way and don't create panic and discomfort by miss knowledge!!!

the 3 visas limitation in a row apply only when those visas are issue not in your home country but from embassies aboard!!

that means getting a home visa reset those 3 times visas limitations restriction, happen to me and i panic as well but the officer in penang inform me

however this seems to be random depend officer, embassy etc.

please inform others in correct way and don't create panic and discomfort by miss knowledge!!!

the 3 visas limitation in a row apply only when those visas are issue not in your home country but from embassies aboard!!

that means getting a home visa reset those 3 times visas limitations restriction, happen to me and i panic as well but the officer in penang inform me

however this seems to be random depend officer, embassy etc.

There is no official policy to limit. Every consulate sets its own limit and guidelines to prevent misuse of tourist visas.