Penang: Tourist Visa Rejected If Have 3 Tvisas Already...

Hi, Yes for me it is the only way to can stay in Thailand. In the year 2000 Thailand and the Netherlands have sign a social agreement. That agreement give Thailand and or the Netherlands the right to control the people that have from the Netherlands their pension. The working class in the Netherlands have that pension after 50 years off working, but some time's if you are not working that time than your pension is less, that is in my case. So I do not have 800.000 THB on a Thai bank and my yearly income is only 540.000 THB. So and I stay here already for 13 years and I have spend in that time more than 6.000.000 I know that this spending give not the right to can stay here. But I can't go back to the Netherlands and where is a litle bit the humanity where is the pardon or sorry rule for the people that stay a long time. My money is not muts but I know that I have doing good thinks whit that litle. I was paying for some studens their school money; I have send some Thai to school now their can make their own money. And what can I do; I can pray for a tourist visa I hope that Bhudda can hear me. The consul from Penang make a verry bad move it cost Thailand money just on that time I'm wondering what the PM think about this.

Best regard

billshot64

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So does this mean 3 visas total from all time periods/embassies in your passport? Or three in a row from Penang. I think they already cut you off in Penang after three in a row from them. Does anyone know?

And not everyone on consecutive tourist visas is working or being illegal. I am considering marrying a Thai man... but knowing what you know about all of the horror stories, would you fast-track a marriage in this situation? Or would you rather stick around a while and be sure before making that step? I make my money at home, and am renting an apartment in the meantime until we marry (maybe this fall). Yes there are divers and whatnot working illegally on 3,456 back to back tourist visas, but everyone has their own reason for being here longer than typical tourism. Not all of us are here stealing Thai jobs, money, being losers, or <deleted> off the system for kicks.

hi been to penang also. the last time i went there is my fourth time and they reject my application. the reason is that i been there three times already. and the guy at the counter advice me to get a non-immig visa (which i dont really understood) . so some people advice me to enrolled in thai language to get a one year visa. i dont really intend to stay for another year and i dont want to spend 26,000Kbht for that. i just need to stay for few more months. so i decided to fly out and fly in. then i got a new 30 days visa. (or lets say 28 days) i want to know now is, if i can do a visa run directly to malaysian border or do i have to do the ranong run first. is there anyone who can help me with this. (i intend to go to KB this time) thank you and have a niceday everyone

There is no visa run on a 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a visa) - that (30 days) is all it allows. If you do a border run you would get a 15 day visa exempt entry. The Ranong run would be the same as any other border run - 15 days. Expect you may not obtain a visa in KB either. KL would be your best bet in that area - or Vientiane in Laos where you could obtain a two entry tourist visa.

There is no visa run on a 30 day visa exempt entry (it is not a visa) - that (30 days) is all it allows. If you do a border run you would get a 15 day visa exempt entry. The Ranong run would be the same as any other border run - 15 days. Expect you may not obtain a visa in KB either. KL would be your best bet in that area - or Vientiane in Laos where you could obtain a two entry tourist visa.

hi lopburi

thanks for ur reply. i still have till aug.21 to think of a best way to do this visa thing. some people say that if u fly out and fly in then apply again for tourist visa across the border the consulate will give u another 60 days visa. (and 30 days extension at the immigration office) i hope that this will be the case. since i still need to stay here till end of february.

anyway thanks again

Go to KL and show you bank account with some funds in it and yoyu should have no problems in getting a tourist visa.

See the reply I got from them in the other thread about the penang visa issue.

Hi there; and if I show a proof off income what I can have from the Dutch embassy.

Is then K.L. the richt place.

best regard

billshot64

Go to KL and show you bank account with some funds in it and yoyu should have no problems in getting a tourist visa.

See the reply I got from them in the other thread about the penang visa issue.

Hi there; and if I show a proof off income what I can have from the Dutch embassy.

Is then K.L. the richt place.

best regard

billshot64

Not sure about that, they just mailed me saying that if you are in thailand longer then 3 months they will still issue a tourist visa but need to show some money in your bank account. They didn't say how much but I wouild think that 50 to 75K would be more then sufficient.

agree 100%, why would anyone bother going to Penang or anywhere south these days, just fly up to Udon, cross the border the next day, get your visa in Vientiane, no worries whatsoever, and move on....the word has been out on Penang for over two years now, so why keep trying to push it? Vientiane is USER FRIENDLY, other places are not...wise up and move on.

Not everybody is living in BKK or way up North. For those living in the South, there still is Kota Bharu. Except that there is no booze or beer available at the 7/11, I have had no bad experiences with that consulate whatsoever.

you can buy beer in every chinese restaurant in the center.....

Update on Penang's rules for issuing Tourist Visas.

Based on the report in another forum, Penang will not issue a Tourist Visa in case

• there are already 3 Tourist Visas in the passport
  • the passport holder has extended a Tourist Visa (30-day extension) and wants to apply for a new TV after that.

The traveller was told that the Penang consulate 'has/makes its own rules'.

welo

Can anyone confirm this?

If a person has only one previous tourist visa with an extension will they be refused another tourist visa?

Can anyone confirm this?

If a person has only one previous tourist visa with an extension will they be refused another tourist visa?

Also confirmed by a thaivisa member, check this out:

Well, I just called Penang and according to the employee I had on the phone the situation is as follows :

I explained my situation, I have 2 back to back tourist visas with a 1 month extension from the local Imm office.

Now as weird as it may sound, I was told that I cannot get another tourist visa because I have already gotten a 1 month extension at the local Imm office.

If I hadn't done so I could still get 1 more tourist visa.

What they are willing to do is give a 1 month transit visa when I show them an airline ticket out of Thailand.

The reason they gave me was that indeed Thailand wants to get rid of the illegal workers.

IF anybody else has different info let us know but this is what they told me.

You come in with a visa for a one reason. If its a holiday it may be a tourist visa. Once you are no longer a holiday maker or the terms of you getting that visa cannot be complied with, it is not a god given right that you get another, just because you want one.

Define holiday ??

I have been on holiday for the last 10 years through 3 countries..

Can anyone confirm this?

Also confirmed by a thaivisa member, check this out:

Well, I just called Penang and according to the employee I had on the phone the situation is as follows :

I explained my situation, I have 2 back to back tourist visas with a 1 month extension from the local Imm office.

Now as weird as it may sound, I was told that I cannot get another tourist visa because I have already gotten a 1 month extension at the local Imm office.

If I hadn't done so I could still get 1 more tourist visa.

What they are willing to do is give a 1 month transit visa when I show them an airline ticket out of Thailand.

The reason they gave me was that indeed Thailand wants to get rid of the illegal workers.

IF anybody else has different info let us know but this is what they told me.

The situation posted by "likewise" doesn't confirm my question exactly.

He had 2 back-to-back visas. I'm asking about what would happen if a person had only 1 tourist visa with extension.

I have a friend who will be going back to Penang soon to get another tourist visa and he has only one tourist visa in his passport with one extension.

Seriously.... I was hoping to get some info in this thread only to find 13 pages where 95% is crying, complaining etc.....

Not very helpfull. and a sad way to start out with my first post in a new forum. Maybe this info has been posed already. I just gave up reading the thread with all the whining (from both sides)

Anyway. Just for information : I have 5 back2back single entry tourist visa in my passport without overstay or extensions, and I was almost certain that they wouldnt give me a new one, so I did a lot of checking on Chulia st, penang. Both the Indians and Banana have their fair share of problems with new visa, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. I went to banana where their fee is 50 baht compared to NJ's 200. 4 of the passports where rejected that day at banana, but mine wasnt one of them. So now I have 6 b2b TR S visa in my passport :)

[.......

It is another attempt to weed out the illegal workers and long stay

people who do not meet the retirement or marriage criteria. :)

This is correct can you blame them the are tighting the screws on all visa runners been doing this over the last 2 to 3 years or have you lot been sleeping.

Time for you lot to go to another country and spread your wild oats there.

• 3 weeks later...
Seriously.... I was hoping to get some info in this thread only to find 13 pages where 95% is crying, complaining etc.....

Not very helpfull. and a sad way to start out with my first post in a new forum. Maybe this info has been posed already. I just gave up reading the thread with all the whining (from both sides)

Anyway. Just for information : I have 5 back2back single entry tourist visa in my passport without overstay or extensions, and I was almost certain that they wouldnt give me a new one, so I did a lot of checking on Chulia st, penang. Both the Indians and Banana have their fair share of problems with new visa, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. I went to banana where their fee is 50 baht compared to NJ's 200. 4 of the passports where rejected that day at banana, but mine wasnt one of them. So now I have 6 b2b TR S visa in my passport :D

Time to get a new passport ? :)

Anyway. Just for information : I have 5 back2back single entry tourist visa in my passport without overstay or extensions, and I was almost certain that they wouldnt give me a new one, so I did a lot of checking on Chulia st, penang. Both the Indians and Banana have their fair share of problems with new visa, but I decided to give it a shot anyway. I went to banana where their fee is 50 baht compared to NJ's 200. 4 of the passports where rejected that day at banana, but mine wasnt one of them. So now I have 6 b2b TR S visa in my passport :)

I don't believe you. I'm calling nonsense.

No one would be silly enough to get 6 back-to-back single entry tourist visas without extensions. That's madness, especially considering double-entry tourist visas are available locally for about the same effort as a trip to Penang.

One thing you'll realise from reading this forum. We don't all believe everthing that is posted.

Edited by tropo

some of us can afford to holiday longer than you. :)

These threads are becoming laughable. Genuine holidaymakers do not normally need to get three consecutive 60 days tourist visas, especially not from the same consulate! The only people this will have any effect on, should not be on tourist visas in the first place.

• 7 months later...

I'm in Penang - checked into Swiss Hotel and was told by the big fat guy missing lots of teeth and hair that there was a corruption fee of 150 MYR for a Thai tourist visa on top of the visa fees and service charge - a total of 290 MYR - the corruption charge is there because I am guilty of consecutive tourist visas in my passport. I kind of agree with the people writing to say if you wanna sta long term get a real visa. i do have to say that in August of 2009 Penang granted me a tourist visa even thoguh I probably had about 10 visa stamps in my pasport at that point in time. I'm not working in Thailand - I just like living here. I can understan the Thai government cracking down on illegal workers - this denies the government of revenue.

• 10 months later...

Update on Penang's rules for issuing Tourist Visas.

Based on the report in another forum, Penang will not issue a Tourist Visa in case

• there are already 3 Tourist Visas in the passport
  • the passport holder has extended a Tourist Visa (30-day extension) and wants to apply for a new TV after that.

Is the 3 Tourist Visa rule still valid at the Penang Thai Consulate?

I have seen posts from members saying that Penang refuses a tourist visa if you had an extension of stay on any past tourist-visa entry, regardless of the number of tourist visas you already had. Can't say if this is still so today. Perhaps somebody will post the phone number and/or email address of a visa agent in Penang whom you might ask.

I have seen posts from members saying that Penang refuses a tourist visa if you had an extension of stay on any past tourist-visa entry, regardless of the number of tourist visas you already had.

I thought they only checked the most recent entry.

My question though was whether they count the number of past Tourist Visas as reported in the past and like Vientiane does now.

So we need clarification for the following situations:

1. There was an extension of stay on any past Tourist Visa entry
  2. A Tourist Visa was used in the most recent entry to Thailand and there was an extension of stay on it
  3. There are many Tourist Visas but no extensions of stay

OK you can call me guinea pig

TV from KL July 2010, extended by 30 days

TV from KL Oct 2010, no extension

TV from Phnom Penh Dec 2010, no extension

in Penang next week and intend to apply for TV - ideally my last as I turn the magical 50 in April; want to go to Penang anyway so not specifically for visa, as we livee near Aranyaprathet I could, inconvenient as it would be, get 15-day ones on a day-trip

I shall report back!