Retirement Visa Changed To Nonb For Work Permit

No. You can not obtain visas at the airport. But you do not need the B visa to make application for a work permit. Once you have done that you can take receipt and employment paperwork to a Consulate in nearby country to obtain the non immigrant B visa that will allow the work permit to be issued.

As Lopburi says, you need NonB visa as you cannot obtain WP on retirement visa. But you can start the process of obtaining WP now. Once you have filed the application for a WP at Labour Department you will get a receipt (Form WP3). Take Form WP3 and application papers for Non-B visa to consulate in nearby country. When you have your Non-B visa go back to the Labour Department. They will want to see your Non-B visa and will give you your WP.

Thank you.

The lawyer I consulted today said I'd get it at the airport.

I thought that didn't sound right so asked him 3 more times.

O well.

Like many question I need answered in Thailand... it's best to take a vote.

Another thing he told me.

I can volunteer at my position until my work permit arrives.

True?

I don't think so, almost anything is classed as 'work' I think they tend not to worry if it's charity work but technically they could

Another thing he told me.

I can volunteer at my position until my work permit arrives.

True?

The definition of work is such that even volunteer work falls under it and also requires a work permit. Labour and immigration will probably see it in your case as an attempt to dodge the rules and suspect you are getting paid under the table. Don't do it, it is your future in Thailand.