Help Identifying A Snake

mrsouza

Hi,

I recently adopted a little kitten from Nienke. It turns out he is quite a hunter and just caught a snake in my office this morning. I do have a book with pictures of snakes in Thailand, but I haven't been able to identify him. From what I can tell with my limited knowledge on the subject, it seems to be a non-venomous type. It would however be nice to know which one it is.

post-14258-1248324062_thumb.jpg

The proud hunter with his prey.

post-14258-1248324110_thumb.jpg

His belly is (was) slightly light green.

I think it's this snake:

post-27646-1248327648_thumb.jpg post-27646-1248327570_thumb.jpg

Harmless snake that eats frogs. Note the 'swelling' in this snake's body. He just ate a frog.

Unfortunately, I completely forgot the name of this snake. So, not very helpful there, but it gave me a chance to write:

How nice to see a picture of the little kitten. He looks good and so cute. Thanks again for providing him with such a good home.

:)

I think it's this snake:

Harmless snake that eats frogs. Note the 'swelling' in this snake's body. He just ate a frog.

Unfortunately, I completely forgot the name of this snake. So, not very helpful there, but it gave me a chance to write:

How nice to see a picture of the little kitten. He looks good and so cute. Thanks again for providing him with such a good home.

:)

Thanks Nienke,

I think your snake has a different, more symmetric, pattern. The one my cat caught had a more "blotted" pattern and it also turned into a solid brown-red color at the last quarter of its tail. I think it's a baby, so the pattern might change later. Well, not in this case since he is relocated to the septic tank. :-P

Anyway, the kitten is doing fine and had his first set of vaccinations. Hope you were able to find a home for his siblings.

Anyway, the kitten is doing fine and had his first set of vaccinations. Hope you were able to find a home for his siblings.

Yes I did. Just 1 or 2 days after you came to collect yours. The others went together to another wonderful home. :)

Thanks for asking. :D