Internet Connection

jimbeam1

Hi. Looking for advice. My TOT ipstar contract runs out soon. I live in a village, in Korat. We do not have the option of a landline.

As someone decided to rip out the cable for scrap? Can anyone tell me the best option for getting an Internet connection. Any repies in laymans terms please. I am a bit of a techno-phobe. Cheers

jb1

Hi. Looking for advice. My TOT ipstar contract runs out soon. I live in a village, in Korat. We do not have the option of a landline.

As someone decided to rip out the cable for scrap? Can anyone tell me the best option for getting an Internet connection. Any repies in laymans terms please. I am a bit of a techno-phobe. Cheers

jb1

I would try CAT CDMA service. I live in a rural area and used to have IPstar for about 5 years but at the advice of a friend I changed to CAT and now I am getting 6 times the speed for half the price. It is by no means perfect, but is good enough for most things and certainly better than IPStar I found my local CAT office (Ubon) very helpfui\l. They checked my location on a map, told me I was in a borderline region butthat I may be OK with an external aerial and gave me the name of an installer who came to my house and proved the system worked on his own laptop before I paid anything.