Wanted: Suzuki Raider 150

jbeck

Please PM or call me, must be in excellent condition and low miles, will pay good price.

jeff

085 7884 5310

Hmm - if you have seen one at a Suzuki dealer recently please let me know where it was and if you know the name or phone number so I can call them. Maybe there's one or two left?

Thanks again,

Jeff

They have just been released again in Thailand & are now being imported from O/S.

I think that Baan Suzuki are the only ones importing them.

Theres not much difference between the R and the normal one, namely the fairing and wheels (which come with a larger front brake).

They have just been released again in Thailand & are now being imported from O/S.

I think that Baan Suzuki are the only ones importing them.

Theres not much difference between the R and the normal one, namely the fairing and wheels (which come with a larger front brake).

Do you mean that 2009 is NOT the last year, as is the rumor then?

I'm at the ban suzuki website, is it a dealer or distributor?

Where is it located?

thanks,

jeff

No, thats not right. In 2007 the Suzuki Raider stopped being produced in Thailand, I actually got one of the last ones out of the factory, I know a chap that works there. I won't tell you how much I paid :) .

Anyway, after that the Raider production taken over in the Phillipines and they have been producing the same bike ever since. In fact, the 2009 colours and bike are exactly the same as in 2007.

After late 2007 none of the Suzuki dealers in Thailand could be bothered importing the Suzuki Raider until recently when one dealership decided to.

I will see if I can locate that suzuki raider info for you, im sure it was Baan Suzuki but then again I often forget detail like that.

I would sell you mine with is absolutely spotless but I have spent too much on it and can't part with it because its great in the traffic. When I do update soon, I'm feeling the little machine will just be pushed further into the toy shed.

back soon

No, thats not right. In 2007 the Suzuki Raider stopped being produced in Thailand, I actually got one of the last ones out of the factory, I know a chap that works there. I won't tell you how much I paid :) .

Anyway, after that the Raider production taken over in the Phillipines and they have been producing the same bike ever since. In fact, the 2009 colours and bike are exactly the same as in 2007.

After late 2007 none of the Suzuki dealers in Thailand could be bothered importing the Suzuki Raider until recently when one dealership decided to.

I will see if I can locate that suzuki raider info for you, im sure it was Baan Suzuki but then again I often forget detail like that.

I would sell you mine with is absolutely spotless but I have spent too much on it and can't part with it because its great in the traffic. When I do update soon, I'm feeling the little machine will just be pushed further into the toy shed.

back soon

Baan Suzuki has a page for it, but as pointed out previously, I can't just call them and tell them to order one and send it to Chiang Mai?

In english?

I don't mind paying you a good price for yours, you might be surprized.

Suzuki Philippines shows a 2010 model, updated graphics, pipe, headlight..

I have an airblade with 30,000Baht in the engine alone so I know what it feels like to spend too much on these things.

A used bike shop here has an absolutely trashed Raider for 20,000...

thanks,

Jeff

yeah thats it ban suzuki

http://www.bansuzuki.com/index.php?cmd=mot...amp;id=27#focus

and theres this other thread about this here at TV.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Suzuki-Raide...ng-t263823.html

As for my raider, too much luv has gone into it and I don't need money :) , well not that badly anyway.....PLUS despite everything I have done to her, I havent bothered to put electric start on it.

I am slightly interested in the raider too if it comes with a good warranty. Im lookin a small bike and is comfortable and sits the same as a wave/sonic. dont want a cbr/nsr style.

Mate the warranty with them is fine, its 3 years 60,000 km. Ive had mine back twice, firstly with a dodgy choke cable, which you dont need to use anyway. And then the other thing was they were being released with a timing chain tensioner which was known to be a bit ordinary. As soon as I heard my first rattle, I took it straight in and they replaced it with a new design timing chain tensioner.

No other problems, good solid little thing, espcially great in traffic, much nicer to ride than the sonic...which i have access to here and avoid at all cost.

neverdie,

please elaborate as to why you like the Raider better than the Sonic.

I found these suzuki dealers listed in Chiang Mai - does anyone have experience with any of them, i.e. they can speak English there, etc...?

Do you think that if try each one, one would be able to order me a raider 150 from BKK or doesn't it work that way here?

Are some of these car dealers only - I guess this is more of a question for any chiang mai guys....?

thanks,

Jeff

neverdie,

please elaborate as to why you like the Raider better than the Sonic.

Johng,

First I will give you a bit of background. I hate Suzuki's, never liked em and never owned one myself. Have had heaps of bikes, Yamaha's Hondas and Kawasakis (Im talking real bikes back home, not scooters). So what Im trying to say is that I have no bias towards suzuki.

Suzuki Raider 150 - vs - Honda Sonic 125. I have access to both right here, right now. The raider is a 2007 model, some mods & has travelled 17,000km. The Honda is stock standard, 2006 model and 30,000km.

Raider has more power, its easy to feel and when a farang or someone that weighs more than 45kg is in the saddle, its quite noticable. The Raider has a 6 speed gearbox verses the hondas 5 speed one. The Raider gearbox seems to be a tad smoother. The brakes on the Raider are absolutely awesome, however I have added stainless steel brake lines to it, verses the hondas stock set up. The front rotar is much larger on the Raider which is probably the main reason behind its better brakes. The Raider is lighter than the sonic, however sitting on it the Raider just feels a tad bigger. I also prefer the dash set up on the raider, the sonic has no tacho. The Raiders digital readout is better in my opinion. I feel the front forks are better on the raider, esp with weight but the hondas rear was a little better standard. I fitted a gas shock to the rear of the Raider. Styling, they are both little ugly scooters. They both are great for taking a pillion or two :) .

Mate they are little underbones scooters, they both go really well and are great on fuel. I have re-jetted the carby on the Suzuki so it will use a little more fuel than the honda when u twist the throttle. Both bikes need a decent exhaust added, again ive done this to the raider but not the honda.

The Suzuki is the fastest bike in its class....in my opinion the Honda CBR looks much better and is better in a number of areas over the Raider, but it is the case that top speed wise, the raider has it.

Downside to both the honda sonic and Suzuki raider is the fuel tank size, real pain in the backside, the Honda CBR has a real fuel tank. The Honda CBR isnt as good a pillion bike.

Sorry, I like Hondas but the Raider gazumps it by far. Neither bikes have had any real issues nor failures. My biggest critism of both bikes is the suspension is ordinary on rough roads, but I do alot of two up work and thats 90kg of me and 50kg of handbrake, so weight is probably the main cause of this where as with 45kg somchai on it, its probably not that noticable.

Ohh and the paint job on the Suzuki is really nice as are the wheels, the honda is if anything sub standard, I like to present my bikes well even if they are just scooters, the Suzuki always attracts attention and comments whereas no one ever notices the honda (no b.s).

neverdie,

thanks for your detailed comparisons.

I have a 2004 Raider.

post-2109-1248529308_thumb.jpg

everything original as far as I know... got it second hand.

A bigger feul tank would be nice.

Was in two minds Sonic or Raider, from everything I've read the Raider wins

but there are so many Honda Sonic's around I thought maybe it was a better bike

hope one day I'll get to try a Sonic.

To jbeck,

when I was looking I asked some Motorbike taxis drivers who said there was still shops in Bangkok selling

new Raiders..I suppose new as in showroom condition but a few years old.

They are sold in Malaysia now as the Suzuki Belang.

post-2109-1248530972_thumb.jpg

post-2109-1248530945_thumb.jpg

johng,

Great looking example, in very good condition. I actually know a fellow with that exact same bike, I like that colour scheme.

That bike of yours actually didnt come out with those wheels, the other owner must have upgraded to those wheels which are standard equipment on the Raider R (same bike, different wheels and fairing).

Other than that, she looks stock. If you want to notice a really big difference with the brakes, upgrade your brake lines to good stainless steel ones, it really changes them for the better.

I think the main reason there are so many Honda Sonics around was simply they were cheaper and Honda's are alot more popular in Thailand than Suzuki. Many Thais think the bikes are similar, so the Honda was always going to outsell the Suzuki and it did.

There is a Raider club in Bkk, all thai guys and girls & you should see the amount of money they throw at those little things, amazing, sorry crazy. Great little commuting scooter.

johng,

Great looking example, in very good condition. I actually know a fellow with that exact same bike, I like that colour scheme.

That bike of yours actually didnt come out with those wheels, the other owner must have upgraded to those wheels which are standard equipment on the Raider R (same bike, different wheels and fairing).

Other than that, she looks stock. If you want to notice a really big difference with the brakes, upgrade your brake lines to good stainless steel ones, it really changes them for the better.

I think the main reason there are so many Honda Sonics around was simply they were cheaper and Honda's are alot more popular in Thailand than Suzuki. Many Thais think the bikes are similar, so the Honda was always going to outsell the Suzuki and it did.

There is a Raider club in Bkk, all thai guys and girls & you should see the amount of money they throw at those little things, amazing, sorry crazy. Great little commuting scooter.

post-65495-1248618902_thumb.jpg

johng,

Sorry about the obvious mistake in post #16 ! Anyhow...

I am willing to pay a very high price for a good used Raider 150 R right away.

Contact me now. Any color. Maybe ok if it's not an R model, too.

Here's a chance for you to get more than you thought you ever could for your bike.

What was the price new of these bikes between 2006 and 2009 ? there's some disagreement in other threads about this.

I have seen this model with the "faring" on the road, bot not in anyone's photos - is it newer?

post-65495-1248619913_thumb.jpg

thanks,

Jeff

Call me at 085 784 5310

Edited by jbeck

Yeah Jeff thats the R in blue.

The only difference between that and mine is the fairing...the lower front portion connects with the rest. The wheels on the R are the same as mine, you will notice that in the pics I sent you.

Else wise, its exactly the same bike.