Thailand 'elite' Program In Tatters

george

That some people say it is chicken feed, then I don't believe them. Why ? because to get to a position where Bt1m is an inconsequential amount of money means you did not spend your previous time throwing away $30,000 here and there.

Spot on :D

Oh really? Try explaining that theory to Paris Hilton or to any owner of a reasonable yacht - say an Azimut 62. The day you first step on board you have probably lost US$250,000.

I agree that Azimut 62 is a reasonable boat which you might want to keep in Thailand (and loose money with) (and make people jealous) (but many friends happy).

Such a boat is nice to go at sea with friends and have an ice cream, but it would not impress many people in Europe (apart from the Thai expats who go on holiday there, of course). Azimut is like the "Lexus of the sea". A nice enjoyable toy, but not top of the line yet. The pity is that harbours in Thailand are really boring places, created as "secluded luxury enclaves", which is not funny at all (in my opinion).

Going back to the main subject, if someone buys such a reasonable boat (for around 85 million), it is asumed that he is not serious about the money it will cost him to enjoy it, which is several millions a year (depending on how many ice creams' trips he makes). To own a boat is reaaaally not an interesting deal, everybody knows that. But then, how comes so many people still buy boats? Just because they can afford it !

If you add a TE card to only the costs of such a boat, the TE card fee is really negligible and probably not worth speaking about. This is why some members would not miss the occasion to buy a TE card. It is cheap and gives a nice visa and some comfort for long stays. A great product :D

You mean just pretend you never bought a TE card in the first place :)

Edited by midas

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elite deserves a decent burial asap, and the punters should be repaid.

Agreed 100% with that.

As one of the punters of TE, I can sympathize although not necessarily agree it should be buried. I do not see why I should be repaid.

What a very strange perspective you have :D

Because if you were repaid..........and you still dont need the money for example you give it to the many

homeless kids around Klongtoey ? better than it being in the pockets of thai elite crooks ? :)

No need to bring the democrats and their "masters" into this.

I can't believe this doomed from the start project to part simple-minded fools from their money is still being talked about, let alone debated whether it was a good deal or not. Some TE punters have no shame I guess, but still, it has been entertaining for the rest of us, listening to their self-aggrandising justifications for throwing away a million on a useless piece of toxic plastic. :)

I can't believe this doomed from the start project to part simple-minded fools from their money is still being talked about, let alone debated whether it was a good deal or not. Some TE punters have no shame I guess, but still, it has been entertaining for the rest of us, listening to their self-aggrandising justifications for throwing away a million on a useless piece of toxic plastic. :D

It will talked about forever... , since guys like you always relaunch the "debate". You are part of the fun. Thanks :D

Let's go for another round... :)