Pm Orders All Agencies To Address Farmers Concerns

george

be6b8c5c00.jpg

PM orders all agencies to address concerns of farmers

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday announced a concerted government effort to address the concerns of the nation’s agricultural community, saying that he had ordered all relevant government agencies to solve problems ranging from debt to crop sales.

Speaking on his weekly radio address to the nation, Mr. Thaksin said that all farmers encumbered by debt – a situation he blamed on the policies of previous governments – would be invited to register their need for debt relief over the next three months.

After this the government would introduce a range of debt reduction measures, including a 50 percent reduction in the principle sum owed and a moratorium on interest.

“To address these problems, we must put the people at the centre”, he said. “With people-centred operations, we can give things which will allow people to escape from poverty”.

Mr. Thaksin also revealed that he had ordered government agencies to solve problems relating to rice mills which took advantage of paddy farmers. Describing the poor as the base on which the nation was built, he said that the government would not begin to sell any rice pledged by farmers until all the rice had been collected.

--TNA 2005-02-27

he has finish one term going to the next and now he start blaming the previous PM for the farmer debt, how funny he is, wasn't he the one that come up with the scheme to offer villager cheap loan, you can get a loan even if you don't even have a job or any colladeral.

Me thinks that he has done a lot for his nation. I do not need to be overly concerned that my children will become speed junkies within this administration. My kids will have a decent chance to get an education which they can continue overseas with help from the Thai Government. The economy is certainly better than when I arrived 6 years ago, but that actually works against me, in that my retirement is paid in USDollars.

Spend you energies helping your neighborhood to overcome the shortcomings rather than crying constantly about this and that... It would help a great deal to improve things here.