Renting The Address Chidlom Artdeco, Some Questions

Hi, i will be moving to bkk for at least 1y next month. for what im looking for i think the 'address chidlom - artdeco' is going to be my pick assuming i dont change my mind while there (i have never been to thailand), they were renting at 27k for a studio. the view doesnt seam to be the best but im willing to compromise since its the only studio i considered so far.

i want something upperscale but since i dont need space(studio is just perfect)/will live alone/will be travelling back home(europe) and asia during that period i dont want to be paying too much. the location seamed just perfect for me.

so any problems with the building? management/etc something i should know?

the price seams fair but i dont know if the listings are old, anyone knows if they are still available?

im assuming its better to just go there and talk to someone managing the building to get contacts rather than going through an agent?

as for requirements, im expecting 3month advance and what do i need to prove i can make the payments? if i cannot provide documentation for working anywhere? if bankstatement, how much?

thanks

Hello, terms of a rental contract can be negotiated when you see something you like in Bangkok like most things in Thailand. It might be good for you to check other places before you sign a contract. Try to look at craigslist under the apartments for rent in Bangkok, and this site has some more rentals too. You have a lot of power to get the best deal, and you can always walk away if you do not get your best terms. Cheers.

the idea is to live somewhere in asian and visit the neighboring countries during the period, it had to be thailand due to the people i knew there; and even though i havent been there, i have read alot about thailand in the past months, from the typical turist traps/scams to being familiar with bangkok and where everything is in the CBD. i have checked lots of places by now, craiglist & thaivisa classifieds included. its usually possible to see where the building is on google earth and most places i like get discarted mostly due to the location though.

those req. seam to be the standard everywhere i checked from the listings to people i asked, 3month & 1y min. sometimes 6m. for shorter periods serviced apps.

but i will still be in a hotel for a while, just to make sure.. yeah