Can Farang Work In Food Stand

Without a Work Permit it is illegal. I would have thought that getting a Work Permit for that is not possible.

Chefs can get work permits as everyone is aware, if the food stand/shop has an address, I don't see why not. Actually getting the premit might be easy but depending on the area/local immigration interpretation of the rules might be a different matter. For example when I was working, making coffee,serving, taking cash with the full knowlege of the immigration dept, other foreigners from Pattaya from example we're amazed that I could get away with that. That was up to two years ago. Have things changed?

Regrads Bojo.

A foreigner can be a cook, but selling is not allowed. In this example it is a combination of something that is allowed and something that is not allowed. A lot would probably depend on the discreption of the job.

A foreigner can be a cook, but selling is not allowed. In this example it is a combination of something that is allowed and something that is not allowed. A lot would probably depend on the discreption of the job.

And how many rival food sellers decided to report them :)

Also the OP has a Retirement Visa/Extension so unlikely to get a work permit anyway.

On Thai television, they had a story I saw about a farang cooking paht thai at a food stand, I think a joint effort with a Thai wife. He was probably legal as the story was not about him being arrested, just a human interest type story. There was also a farang I saw last week at jatujak making and selling beef wraps or something, I don't know what they are called. He was probably legal also, as it would be very risky to do something illegal in a high visibilty place like the Sunday market.

The vast majority of Thais would not have a clue about working legislation. So they probably would get away with it for while.

You need a Work Permit to work. You cannot get one to sell food in a market or a roadside stall.

From the list of jobs that foreigners are not allowed to do. selling food and drinks,