Good Hotel In Pattaya.

prestige

Hi,

Will be arriving in Pattaya 30th. March 2005 and I am looking for a good hotel to stay at for about 10 days.

Never been to Pattaya before and I would appreciate some recommendations - not wanting to spend more than USD100 per night at most.

Also it would be great if the hotel(s) recommended had a very "tolerant" policy towards guests.

Thanks

Ian

[email protected]

Probably best combination of services, quality,location, price and guest tolerance is the Marriott. You can walk to almost everywhere, has nice rooms, located next to the beach and a shopping mall. There are better hotels but they are not so guest friendly or convenient or reasonably priced. I would imagine you can get a rate of about 3,000 baht a night or about 70 US$. There are lots of chepaer hotels, sometimes much cheaper but if your budget is US$100, thats the one i'd go for.

Never been to Pattaya before and I would appreciate some recommendations - not wanting to spend more than USD100 per night at most.

I recommend you spend less money. Only a fool would spend $100 / night in Pattaya. $30 tops. Sandy spring on Soi 13 is first rate for about $30

If you want to budget $100 dont waste your time in Thailand. Thailand is for cheap living and there is no place worth $100 / night in Thailand.

If you want to budget $100 dont waste your time in Thailand. Thailand is for cheap living and there is no place worth $100 / night in Thailand.

Load of Bo$$ocks. If i thought a place was worth $100 a night i would pay it. (have paid almost double that for places over the years)

prestige..The Amari Orchid is well within what your looking for. Not guest friendly though. However if you took a girl with you when you book in, and register her at the same time, no problem.

Digger reccomends The Marriott. Also a very good choice.

Edited by SEAtramp

I recommend you spend less money. Only a fool would spend $100 / night in Pattaya. $30 tops. Sandy spring on Soi 13 is first rate for about $30

Your right with the comments you made here Khun Larry and the Sandy Spring is a top choice. Any one who spends more than $40 US on a hotel in Pattaya is wasting money. So prestige give the top end hotels a miss and don't take any notice of the people who recommend them.

:o

Bigmike.

http://www.sandyspringhotel.com/

Your right with the comments you made here Khun Larry and the Sandy Spring is a top choice. Any one who spends more than $40 US on a hotel in Pattaya is wasting money. So prestige give the top end hotels a miss and don't take any notice of the people who recommend them.

:o

Bigmike.

)

Bigmike.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the info but everyone seems to be worried about the money side of things but this is a company sponsored vacation and is not costing me a cent so the best is what I'm looking for - company credit cards - what a marvelous thing.

)

Bigmike.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for all the info but everyone seems to be worried about the money side of things but this is a company sponsored vacation and is not costing me a cent so the best is what I'm looking for - company credit cards - what a marvelous thing.

If you want the hotel to be in walking distance of the main nightlife and beach - the Marriott is the best choice. It has lots of tropical palms around the large pool, pina colada's from the little service girls by the pool, big and well equiped gym, many restaurants including probably the best breakfast setup anywhere in Pattaya (note, not the cheapest breakfast, but the most extensive with chefs cooking stuff to order, multiple choices of breads, croissants, fruits, juices etc).

It is a true 5* resort that also happens to be located bang in the centre of Pattaya.

Are there better hotels, yes for example the Royal Cliff or the Dusit but both are more expensive, not as well located for the nightlife and less guest friendly. The Amari is also a nice hotel, but its very guest unfriendly unless you have just one girl with you for the whole time and she is with you when you check in. Also Amari rooms are not as good as the Marriotts and they are just about to start to build a huge extension and demolish half the restaurants that stand in the way.

The other one to consider would be the Hard Rock Hotel but in my experience its always full of kids, Koreans and the rooms are small and basically furnished. In its favour is the pool but I reckon little else.

I have stayed in almost every decent hotel in Pattaya and the Marriott wins hands down for me as a resort that represents very good value for money for the price it charges. The same style of hotel in Hawaii would be US$300 per night. Biggest plus is your 2/3/minutes from all the main nightlife areas on foot along the beach road.

Oh and by the way they take any credit/charge card without supplements unlike the other cheaper hotels in town. Thats no discredit to the other suggestions and for the money they are VERY good value, but it aint comparing like for like.

Edited by Digger

Digger..Cannot disagree with your assessment on the hotels other than what you said about the Hard Rock Hotel. Yes its always full of kids as you say, because thats where the occupation of rooms is directed at. Also the rooms on the top two floors are very big. With both floors having there own private waitress, & cocktail lounge, complete with internet.

The Imari, Dusit,and Marriott, all great hotel. The Royal Cliff lets itself down with it lobby, reminds me of a Russian train station.

Digger..Cannot disagree with your assessment on the hotels other than what you said about the Hard Rock Hotel. Yes its always full of kids as you say, because thats where the occupation of rooms is directed at. Also the rooms on the top two floors are very big. With both floors having there own private waitress, & cocktail lounge, complete with internet.

The Imari, Dusit,and Marriott, all great hotel. The Royal Cliff lets itself down with it lobby, reminds me of a Russian train station.

I have never stayed on the top two floors (Club type rooms) but I would hazzard a guess they are outside of this guy's budget. Even std rooms are approaching US$100 once you add in taxes and service charges.

Depending on what you want, the Penthouse Hotel might be worth a look. Theme rooms, jacuzzi rooms, Go-Go bar downstairs, more beer bars and go-go bars just outside the entrance.

They'll even arrange to pick you up at the airport, with a bottle of champagne and a "kitten" to keep you company on the way back (for a fee of course).

I would suggest that what ever hotel you decide upon, only get a room for 2-3 nights at first. Then you can look around for something better, or cheaper, or closer to where you want to be and so on.

I have never stayed on the top two floors (Club type rooms) but I would hazzard a guess they are outside of this guy's budget. Even std rooms are approaching US$100 once you add in taxes and service charges.

Kings club .. $130 ++. With sea view, $150 ++

or

King suite $825 ++ :o

std rooms 105 ++

def the sandy spring

1300 baht for a large light new room with sea view.

Only extra value you would get at the dusit or marriott for significantly more baht is better pool areas and less tattoos around it.

Kings club .. $130 ++. With sea view, $150 ++

or

King suite $825 ++ :o

std rooms 105 ++

Depending on what you want, the Penthouse Hotel might be worth a look. Theme rooms, jacuzzi rooms, Go-Go bar downstairs, more beer bars and go-go bars just outside the entrance.

They'll even arrange to pick you up at the airport, with a bottle of champagne and a "kitten" to keep you company on the way back (for a fee of course).

I would suggest that what ever hotel you decide upon, only get a room for 2-3 nights at first. Then you can look around for something better, or cheaper, or closer to where you want to be and so on.

Mate the Penthouse would have to be the biggest shit house in Pattaya, cockroaches, bed bugs and other crawly things, yuk. And prestige even though the company is paying I hate paying joiner fees as you will at the Marriott.

Bigmike.