Exit Hotmail - Dumped To Msn India Home Page

Jackrabbit

Lately, every time that I exit hotmail I am dumped to that obnoxious MSN India Homepage and must wait for and then click on "back to MSN US".

I do not want "India" and have never gone there of my own free will.

How can I change this default to MSN US????

Very irritating! :)

Lately, every time that I exit hotmail I am dumped to that obnoxious MSN India Homepage and must wait for and then click on "back to MSN US".

I do not want "India" and have never gone there of my own free will.

How can I change this default to MSN US????

Very irritating! :)

The underlying problem here seems to be that your using Hotmail. Once you migrate away from that and onto Gmail you will be free from obnoxious pages.

As for your percieved problem, maybe you could try deleting your cookies? You might have picked up an Indian one accidently. Or maybe thats the way microsoft designed Hotmail... India - Thailand same same, we just want to shove more ads at people. Be careful deleting your cookies though cause you may miss them, understand what it means before you do it.

Also check that your computer is set to the Thai or US local settings and not Indian for some reason.

Edit: Stupid html stuffed up becuase I was replying and topic got moved.

Edited by Tywais

Check your settings. Log into your hotmail, choose options, more options

Select manage your account -> view and edit

On the account page select your registrated information (underneath birthday)

Change the country settings

Should work i suppose.

I had similar problems with a lot of sites showing me Thai versions and no way to go back to English versions (no button on the site). It seems to be a trend among websites to automatically give you a page based on the local settings of your computer. So if in your computer you have said that you are in Thailand, Microshite will serve all of their pages to you in Thai only.

I have complained about it and the email I got back was: Nothing we can do about it, you must change your local settings on your machine.

They have obviously never heard of expatriates! So I set my local settings to my country of origin and I now get everything dissed up in Dutch. Still not ideal as my life here is mostly in Thai and English, but better than before.

W

MS are trying to be their usuall helpful selves, if you have registered your machine as being located in Thailand but your default language is English, then MS are trying to give you the closest local news that is in English - in this case MS India.

They will keep trying, cannot remember the count (so many times you log on) and unless you change your location to say the US then they will keep trying. Normally your country is not so important, so if you want to stop then just change.

Hope this helps.

God Bless Bill Gates - not.