Hotel In Lampang

Spaniel

We are leaving tomorrow morning (Thrusday) for Chaing Mai but plan to spend the night in Lampang first then visit the National Elephant Institute before moving on to Chaing Mai. I located a couple of places that may be ok, Pin Hotel and the Tipchang Lampang Hotel. Has anyone stayed at either of these places?

We are leaving tomorrow morning (Thrusday) for Chaing Mai but plan to spend the night in Lampang first then visit the National Elephant Institute before moving on to Chaing Mai. I located a couple of places that may be ok, Pin Hotel and the Tipchang Lampang Hotel. Has anyone stayed at either of these places?

I'm sorry I can't help you with the hotel, but if I may....does the National Elephant Institute have anything to do with the Elephant (Conservation, I think) Camp on the highway leading to BKK ?

Regards Bojo

The Tipchang is run down and can be noisy. The Pin is a better option.

I'm sorry I can't help you with the hotel, but if I may....does the National Elephant Institute have anything to do with the Elephant (Conservation, I think) Camp on the highway leading to BKK ?

Regards Bojo

They are located about 25 km outside of Lampang towards Chiang Mai. Maybe it's the same place. Here is their web site:

www.thailandelephant.org.

Dont know much about the place. We are taking a couple week trip around the north area and thought it would be a interesting place to stop.