English Fortune Teller

lorddaverichards

I have a friend coming over to Thailand and my GF has suggested she goes to see a fortune teller while she is in Bangkok, which my friend is happy to do. However she would like to see one who speaks good english as my GF might not be able to translate all or maybe leave a few things out !!! Someone suggested that a few weeks back there was an article in the Bangkok Post highlighting a Fortune teller near Sliom Road.

Can someone confirm this or maybe suggest another FT in Bangkok that someone has used and where and what time they operate

many thanks

Dave

They used to have a whole bunch of fortune tellers on the top floor of Mahbooklong shopping centre, near the big food hall.

But I doubt if you will get much truth out of them but it's worth B100 for the fun value of it.

There are fortune tellers everywhere if you ask, there also used to be many down at the old Sunday Market sitting along the fence of the criminal court.

glad to see that some guys obviously been here to long and nothing better to do than respond with juvenile comments - still am sure they wake up in the morning and read and think god not another one!!!

Hello we are in Thailand !!! different people come to Thailand for a variety of reasons mostly fun and not to take things to serious!!! however maybe when you settle you become cynical about why Thailand atracts tourists rather than people who take joy in reading bogs all day and nothing better to do

Before you all jump and down my fortune teller predicted this

hohoho

thanks anyway

Is there such a thing in Thailand as the stereotypical gypsy in her tent with a crystal ball and reading palms.

Are there Thai gypsys or just people sitting at desks in shopping malls and markets reading cards?

Regards Bojo

Is there such a thing in Thailand as the stereotypical gypsy in her tent with a crystal ball and reading palms.

Are there Thai gypsys or just people sitting at desks in shopping malls and markets reading cards?

Regards Bojo

The "talo" card readers are often referred to as "yipsee". Would be surprised if some of the Roma have not settled here.

• 5 months later...

Khao Sarn Road (last time I was there 2006) was plagued with folk offering to read your fortune. They will take you down some back alley and try and tempt you with some little example of knowledge about you before asking for the big sum to tell you something earth shattering.

I can't help but wonder what kind of people think if someone could tell the future, they would spend their time doing it on khao sarn road???

If you could tell the future why wouldn't you be living in a chateau over-looking Lake Garda, with a wealthy client lists lined up at your door longer than train smoke?

Can anyone give me a good answer to that one?

The fortune teller that you are talking about is on Silom after 6p at night until about 10p. She sits in the doorway of CIMB bank next to the Kodak shop under the BTS just before the very popular DVD stall. She reads cards and palms. We went after they published the article in the Bangkok Post. It was a laugh and not taken seriously but she does speak excellent English. I think it was about 200 baht.

Khao Sarn Road (last time I was there 2006) was plagued with folk offering to read your fortune. They will take you down some back alley and try and tempt you with some little example of knowledge about you before asking for the big sum to tell you something earth shattering.

I can't help but wonder what kind of people think if someone could tell the future, they would spend their time doing it on khao sarn road???

If you could tell the future why wouldn't you be living in a chateau over-looking Lake Garda, with a wealthy client lists lined up at your door longer than train smoke?

I believe I can explain, thought you can believe it or not.

A person having the gift can NOT have a look to another person having it (even if it is latent, hidden or very small). By so a person with the gift will never be able to see his/her own future.

The gift while given you some advantages over the 'mundanes' is also given you corresponding duties. A person with the gift must use it to help, advice but not for lead others.

Future , at the opposite of what you might think, and at the opposite of what many of fake fortune tellers say; is not fixed. A fortune teller will 'see' the most probable outcome at the moment of the reading. Teh very same reading made some few hours later might (or might not ) be totally different.

exemple from real life easy to understand :

one person is told : tomorrow your car will be destroyed, but you will be safe. the day after , this person decide to take the bus to go at work, and lets the car at home. Saddly there is a tempest , the roof of the house colapse ove the car. The vision became a reality, but if the person did not knew the vision, she (it was a lady) would have acted normally , use the car to go at work, and the car would have not been destroy ...

another :

a corporal is told : your gf is having big problem and need your presence right now; but your professional future is clouded. The guy call the gf, can not contact her, call familly , friends and finally learn she is indeed in big problems. So instead of asking for some few days (but have to wait the morning for that) he decide to leave immediatly (the gf life migth be in danger). The result being the guy arreasted, kicked from the army and send to jail (desertion) while on the same time he did not solve the gf problem (he arrived too late for that).

in both case, the 'prophety' were self fullfilling ; mean they happened only because the persons believed in them (well they believed in the one who told them), and trying to change it have simply create the conditions for their realisation instead.

That is why no fortune tellers is able to see his/her own future, because fixed future as per se is not existing.

That alleyway next to the beer garden on Suk Soi 7 has a few fortune tellers favored by the working girls, but they probably just keep giving them the same fortune over and over: you will meet a foreign man soon who will give you money. :)

I met an indian guy there who told me personal things which were true and he could not possably have know. First he say think of your favourite colour, i'm think what ever easy he can guess this blue, yep got it. next he say think your mosters maiden name, tricky, rivitt he writes down, correct. Next he say i'll tell you your first loves surname, i'm like no way not possable; he writes it down - caradock-hodgekins, wow my brain exploded and my skin was buzzing. He said i'll tell you some things about your future if you like for a 1000bht, i wasn't sure i wanted to know but thought fuc_kit this is amazing i'll see what happens. I was buzzing for at least an hour after but after a few months i largely forgot/ didn't believe or pay attention to the future part to what he said. This was 8 years ago, 2 years ago on my wedding day i realised that everything he'd told me had actually come true with out me paying attention to it; indeed if i had payed attention the ride could have been somewhat easier.

You might think this is <deleted>, up to you, but it is my true experience

I met an indian guy there who told me personal things which were true and he could not possably have know. First he say think of your favourite colour, i'm think what ever easy he can guess this blue, yep got it. next he say think your mosters maiden name, tricky, rivitt he writes down, correct. Next he say i'll tell you your first loves surname, i'm like no way not possable; he writes it down - caradock-hodgekins, wow my brain exploded and my skin was buzzing. He said i'll tell you some things about your future if you like for a 1000bht, i wasn't sure i wanted to know but thought fuc_kit this is amazing i'll see what happens. I was buzzing for at least an hour after but after a few months i largely forgot/ didn't believe or pay attention to the future part to what he said. This was 8 years ago, 2 years ago on my wedding day i realised that everything he'd told me had actually come true with out me paying attention to it; indeed if i had payed attention the ride could have been somewhat easier.

The only thing (well not the only) that strikes me odd about these guys that sit on the street or in the case of the guys who stop you on the street is that if they are so gifted, surely they can move to more upscale digs and hope to lure in more lucrative clientelle?

One would think outside of the NY stock echange or similar could be a good place to start.

I had one guy the other day who I thought was a tailor tout say to me as I walked by - very nice suit, you like, my friend, you like, very nice suit.

I didn't realise that 10 years from now when I go buy a new suit it will be a nice one, that I will like.

The only thing (well not the only) that strikes me odd about these guys that sit on the street or in the case of the guys who stop you on the street is that if they are so gifted, surely they can move to more upscale digs and hope to lure in more lucrative clientelle?

One would think outside of the NY stock echange or similar could be a good place to start.

I had one guy the other day who I thought was a tailor tout say to me as I walked by - very nice suit, you like, my friend, you like, very nice suit.

I didn't realise that 10 years from now when I go buy a new suit it will be a nice one, that I will like.

The guy i saw was a big man, i mean well fed. Had above average togs on and a bit of bling and a nice phone, so i guess he'd found a good spot for him self. No over heads and lots of easy going falang maybe easier to stop than busy businessmen. Also i think thais being thai probably prefere to go to thai fortune tellers rather than indians.

For sure there are lots of frauds and at the time i was completely sceptical of such things, but over the years the body of personal experience has provided me with enough evidence that these things and others are indeed possible.