Thai Dubbing Of Films

12DrinkMore

After over a decade of living here in LOS I can even understand the news broadcasts.

But <deleted> is the language they use to dub the films that are shown on TV? I can hardly decipher a single word. It is supposedly Thai, but god knows what version.

Does anybody else have this problem?

After over a decade of living here in LOS I can even understand the news broadcasts.

You're doing better than me then!

I can hold a Thai conversation pretty much anywhere in the kingdom, but I'm at an absolute loss when the news comes on.

regards bojo

I'm convinced there are actually only 2 people, 1 male and 1 female doing the horrendous dubbing for every single film in Thailand.

monopoly on voice overs :)

I'm told that they use the "Siang Law" ( handsome voice ?) way of speaking

and I can hardly decipher a single word either !!

I'm convinced there are actually only 2 people, 1 male and 1 female doing the horrendous dubbing for every single film in Thailand.

Yes, I have thought that the voices sound remarkably the same. The male voice sounds like he has some nasal obstruction.

Pity they do this, as I might even be able to enjoy the films if they spoke "Thai tammada".

I hate dubbed films. I'd rather here the natural inflections of the language and read subtitles. The 2 or 3 voice artists that do most of the voice-overs here go way overboard on all the 'uhs', 'ahs', 'chais', screams and what have you. I've never heard a single Thai speak or intone the way they do and I can't understand how any Thai person can tolerate it, let alone find it entertaining.

Yes, I have thought that the voices sound remarkably the same. The male voice sounds like he has some nasal obstruction.

Pity they do this, as I might even be able to enjoy the films if they spoke "Thai tammada".

Yeah, I've heard that guy. Sounds like he's got a cabbage in his mouth.