Who Can Repair My Acer Laptop Computer In Chiang Mai

westbounder

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 5610-4179 Laptop computer with windows XP. It is running slow and I am getting (critical errors), meaning that it closes out whatever I am working on and I lose everything and then it goes back to my desktop screen and I have to start all over again.

It does this several times per day. I am not sure if it is a ram problem, my hard drive is dying or it just needs some sort of tune up. Can anyone tell me the best person to take this too who speaks and understands English.

In the past I have used the guy at Pantip Plaza on the end booth next to the food court but I don't know if he is the best person for this job or if he can handle it.

Please give me your experienced input.

Thank You

Joe

Sounds like you may just need to reinstall windows, have you tried this? Its probably the first step to take before taking it to a repair person.

Are you getting the "Blue screen of death" at all? That usually indicates that there is something wrong with the hardware, if you just get an error and it returns to the desktop then its possibly just a software issue.

First check your memory using the following free software, as it could well be faulty

http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

If no faults are found then I would suggest re-format your hard drive and re-install windows and your laptop should be as good as the day you bought it.

Hello.

I can suggest BEFORE doing a full re-install and format, try running the Windows System File Check command. That will replace files it thinks have been corrupted.

It is an extra step, however, if it works, it may save loss of some information and/or programs.

You must have your XP installation disc or the files on a restore partition.

You run the command 'sfc' from a command prompt.

MSPain

If your machine is still under warrenty then I would look at taking it into the Acer shop on the 3rd floor in the Airport Plaza. There are a couple of guys there that may be able to help you, don't know the cost, but at least they could point you in the right direction to get things sorted out if they cannot do it themselves.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 5610-4179 Laptop computer with windows XP. It is running slow and I am getting (critical errors), meaning that it closes out whatever I am working on and I lose everything and then it goes back to my desktop screen and I have to start all over again.

It does this several times per day. I am not sure if it is a ram problem, my hard drive is dying or it just needs some sort of tune up. Can anyone tell me the best person to take this too who speaks and understands English.

In the past I have used the guy at Pantip Plaza on the end booth next to the food court but I don't know if he is the best person for this job or if he can handle it.

Please give me your experienced input.

Thank You

Joe

hi

i know the shop maybe can repair yr labtop. I will ask him about yr problems.

I am welcome to help.

talk soon

MY ACER COMPUTER IS NOT NEW AND HAS NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AN AUTHORIZED REPAIR DEALER. I JUST WANT A GOOD LAPTOP REPAIR SHOP...

THANK YOU

JOE

Back to Pantip Plaza, go in the front door, go to left and then up the escalators one floor, get off go to right and the first shop, the one on the corner, they carry out repairs there. I have used them before and the guy seemed to know wjhat he was doing. I hope this helps. You could also try the Computer Plaza on the northern side of the moat. go up past the ram Hospital, and turn right as if going along the top of the moat,(if you turn left you are on Heuy Kauw Rd), the Computer Plaza is there on the left hand side a little further along. There are several repair places in there.

P.S. No need to shout!!

Edited by mickmac

MY ACER COMPUTER IS NOT NEW AND HAS NO WARRANTY. I AM NOT LOOKING FOR AN AUTHORIZED REPAIR DEALER. I JUST WANT A GOOD LAPTOP REPAIR SHOP...

THANK YOU

JOE

Back to Pantip Plaza, go in the front door, go to left and then up the escalators one floor, get off go to right and the first shop, the one on the corner, they carry out repairs there. I have used them before and the guy seemed to know wjhat he was doing. I hope this helps. You could also try the Computer Plaza on the northern side of the moat. go up past the ram Hospital, and turn right as if going along the top of the moat,(if you turn left you are on Heuy Kauw Rd), the Computer Plaza is there on the left hand side a little further along. There are several repair places in there.

P.S. No need to shout!!

That should have been IT City not Computer Plaza.