What Would You Do With The Petition?

Ferwert

^Court favors who is in power for those who don't see the obvious!!! :)

So then if Thaksin was unfairly influencing the court's verdicts whilst he was in power, what right does he now have to complain if they go against him - especially after he tried to bribe the courts himself?

Agree with the petition and let the privy council make the decision.

Accepting the petition and pardoning Thaksin may very well avoid a civil war. The anti-Thaksin zealots are more concerned about "getting" him than doing the best thing for Thailand.

Thaksin spouted propaganda rubbish spouted by the pro-red clowns to as another attempt intimidate people.

The country won't be split over this crook. Mark my words.

Edited by Insight

Agree with the petition and let the privy council make the decision.

Accepting the petition and pardoning Thaksin may very well avoid a civil war. The anti-Thaksin zealots are more concerned about "getting" him than doing the best thing for Thailand.

I agree; the old guard is never going to share power with the upstart Thaksin. The anti-Thaksin crowd could give a rats ass about the good of the country, they are only concerned with keeping power tightly controlled by their select group.

Thaksin was corrupt but isn't that the norm in Thailand? At least Thaksin could count and realized that he could buy a power base in Isan for a few social programs.

I don't think its over yet; the poor people finally realized that they have a voice and that being passive isn't going to get them any social justice.

Just my take on things :)

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what is least known."

D. A. Battista

A few people on this forum were spouting the same sentiment before Songkran. Look how that turned out.

The following weeks were spend (ridiculously) trying to convince the rest of us it wasn't the red shirts after all.

Thaksin was corrupt but isn't that the norm in Thailand?

1. Corrupt is corrupt. There's no "but". There's no justification. There's no excuse.

2. He abused his power so he should face the consequences.

1. I think most western eyes, reading this, will agree. However, this is Thailand, a tiny spot in Asia where corruption belongs to the day-in-day-out survival of the fittest.

Most TV members criticizing corruption are from the west where corruption, although still existing, is minor instead major in Asia.

It will take a long time before corruption will diminish.

2. I would agree if the rest of the bunch would face justice as well. The powers behind the Thai velvet curtains have extremely dirty hands as well. ALL of them.

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

1. Corrupt is corrupt. There's no "but". There's no justification. There's no excuse.

1. I think most western eyes, reading this, will agree. However, this is Thailand, a tiny spot in Asia where corruption belongs to the day-in-day-out survival of the fittest.

Most TV members criticizing corruption are from the west where corruption, although still existing, is minor instead major in Asia.

2. I would agree if the rest of the bunch would face justice as well. The powers behind the Thai velvet curtains have extremely dirty hands as well. ALL of them.

LaoPo

Very well said LaoPo, corruption exists here in all levels of government, from the very highest to the village counsel. There's really not much point in us Farangs getting on our high horses about it.

Corrupt is corrupt. There's no "but". There's no justification. There's no excuse.

He abused his power so he should face the consequences.

Better locked up the entire govt then. :D

And the Police as well! :)

Corrupt is corrupt. There's no "but". There's no justification. There's no excuse.

He abused his power so he should face the consequences.

Better locked up the entire govt then. :D

And the Police as well! :D

I wonder if there will be room available at the "Bangkok Hilton" for all the newly arriving guests... :)

You're right, each and every person who has done wrong should face justice.

If Thaksin ever does, that would set a precedent and it would be a start. You have to start somewhere with these things.

All these cries of "Thaksin should be let off because he's not the only one" or "he's not the worst offender" is complete and utter drivel. Don't care if he's not the only one or if he's not the worst offender because what i do know is that he is guilty - maybe not of every crime he is accused of, but he is guilty - and that's enough for me. Guilty people should be punished, no "ifs" no "buts".

Time for change people - tell your friends and neighbours.

Putting Thaksin, his wife, his oldest daughter, and his son away for 26 years in prison would be a dynamic start...

thaksin-oye.jpg

Thaksin Shinawatra

Thailand Outlook

Thaksin Faces 26 Years Imprisonment for Graft Charges

The Assets Examination Committee (AEC) announced yesterday to press four criminal charges against deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra in two weeks for his charges of abusing power during his tenure as Prime Minister, where he could be subjected to a 26 years imprisonment term if found guilty of the alleged charges.

In addition, an AEC’s sub-committee also found other irregularities in administrative decisions made by the Thaksin administration which had caused massive damages to the state, including the

Regarding Thaksin’s illegal concealment of Shin Corp. shareholdings charges, AEC Secretary-General Kaewsan Atibodhi said yesterday that his children and relatives actually owned shares of the company on his behalf, when he was still in office.

His wife Potjaman on the other hand also held shares in Shin Corp. which Thaksin knew all along, but declined acknowledgment of her stakes in the company.

2. I would agree if the rest of the bunch would face justice as well.

That's fair.

Who are they?

Edited by sriracha john

That's fair.

Who are they?

Better ask who's not corrupt... :)

A lot of people seem to forget that it's all a maskerade; they wanted Thaksin out and they got him out but not KO.

The point is that everyone behind the velvet curtains is scared to death IF he's really locked up and starts talking.

The man knows so much...SO much, that it would destroy the country. Even in the case an unfortunate "accident" would happen to/with him the cesspit (holding tank in US) would open and the smell would be unbearable for the upper classes.

Better keep on playing games for everyone and save faces, lots of faces.

LaoPo

The man knows so much...SO much, that it would destroy the country.

Nah, if what he knew was that sensitive and potentially damaging he wouldn't be in the position he is in. He'd either be 6 feet under or he'd have played it as a bargaining chip by now. If you hadn't noticed, the man is desperate, VERY desperate!

And as for his information destroying the country, well for one you seem to be privy to it so assume others are too - or is it that you don't know the details it being just a vague notion? - and for two, destroying the country is a sacrifice he's willing to make if it means he gets his money and power back - just take a look at the events of Songkran - easy to forget how much of a knife's edge things were just those few months ago. How far were we from having a murdered PM with all out war on the streets? Not that far i would say.