Theres A Hole In My Leg

neverdie

Hi,

Last weekend I got a hole puncture in my lower leg, about half way along my shin. I didnt think much of it at the time.

The hole started to scab over & I thought everything was going well until yesterday when I noticed that a red circle had appeared around the wound and is now getting bigger. The scab is thick and painful to touch. The red circle around it is also painful to touch. I take it, its becoming infected.

What to do. I can go to see a doctor....but I hate doing that & Thailand is great for self prescribing from the pharmacy to get better :) .

Whats the go, what should I buy at the Pharmacy. Is my leg going to fall off?

Thanks in advance. :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go see a doctor. I had a tropical ulcer years ago that quickly developed into a hole I could fit the last joint of my little finger into. I tried self remedy for a few days that didn’t help. The hole just continued to get bigger.

A couple of antibiotic jabs by the doc soon cleared it up.

Buy a litre of good quality scotch and wash your hole with just a thimble full, no more. Drink the rest and in the morning and the rest of day the last thing on your mind will be a scab. post back in a few days

Hi,

Last weekend I got a hole puncture in my lower leg, about half way along my shin. I didnt think much of it at the time.

The hole started to scab over & I thought everything was going well until yesterday when I noticed that a red circle had appeared around the wound and is now getting bigger. The scab is thick and painful to touch. The red circle around it is also painful to touch. I take it, its becoming infected.

What to do. I can go to see a doctor....but I hate doing that & Thailand is great for self prescribing from the pharmacy to get better :) .

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/roundworms-000144.htm maybe u got roundworm of some kind,From cat,dog? or,,,,,,Just trying 2 help u with this link. Good luck

Hi,

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/roundworms-000144.htm maybe u got roundworm of some kind,From cat,dog? or,,,,,,Just trying 2 help u with this link. Good luck

Ahh no, its not ring or roundworm......its an infection from having a hole punched into my shin.

I know what the roundworm is about, I had it on my ankle years ago, nasty little bugga it was.

The ocean is a wonderful cleansing and healing agent for such infected areas. If you're near the sea, several periods of longated soaking works wonders - that's if no medical professionals are available.

I had 3 similar sores from mozzie bites that I scratched at and then let get infected. Woke up one morning with pus and pain down the calf. A course of anti-biotics from the local ran kai ya and ointment cleaned them up after a few days. Now they look like bulletwound scars and I tell people I got them while serving in the Special Forces. :)

Okay, let me tell you, ever since I was shot and all the dramas from my injuries, I have developed a bit of a fobia about doctors, so I have Iatrophobia .....its not the money side that worries me.

I get a bit freaky sometimes, best not to visit the doctor :)

Just by some antiboitic cream and rub it in. I had the same problem a few weeks back with a pussy infection and it cleared it up but I watched to make sure it didnt get any worse. Im not sure if pussy is the right word? pussie doesnt sound right either

I had 3 similar sores from mozzie bites that I scratched at and then let get infected. Woke up one morning with pus and pain down the calf. A course of anti-biotics from the local ran kai ya and ointment cleaned them up after a few days. Now they look like bulletwound scars and I tell people I got them while serving in the Special Forces. :)

Thanx doc....so what type of Anti-biodics am I looking for, cos I get a bit freaky with the pharmacists here as well. :D:D

Okay, let me tell you, ever since I was shot and all the dramas from my injuries, I have developed a bit of a fobia about doctors, so I have Iatrophobia .....its not the money side that worries me.

I get a bit freaky sometimes, best not to visit the doctor :D

OK. Understand your apprehensions towards the Doc......do you have a surgical saw available for yourself? :)

Just by some antiboitic cream and rub it in. I had the same problem a few weeks back with a pussy infection and it cleared it up but I watched to make sure it didnt get any worse. Im not sure if pussy is the right word? pussie doesnt sound right either

I think you are referring to Puss. A pussy infection sure sounds painful....& all this time I thought you were a guy :)

OK. Understand your apprehensions towards the Doc......do you have a surgical saw available for yourself? :D

OMG! :D:D:D:)

Take the leg off before its too late. Don't want the infection to spread to you brain. Unless it already has?

Actually, thats how Kurnell in Sydney got its name. It was when Captain Cook first landed at Bontany Bay, they rowed him ashore and as he climbed from his dingy onto the rocks he cut his foot on an oyster shell and he yelled " Furkinhell" and his shipmate thought he said Kurnell and thus that little place at Sydney cove was named. :)

OK.I Understand! What about taking a friend with u? That will make u cope with ur Iatrophobia .Did that with a friend once ,and he made it: Or else broadspectre Antibiotic,and same in ointment.:Aaand relax it will be ok :D .. :)

Im sorry to say this but it sounds pretty bad, maybe a good time to change your nic? would look a tad silly on your gravestone if this infection spreads to your head, which it looks like it has :)

Okay, okay, but has anybody got any idea on the Amoxycillin, good or no good?

I have to say in my professional opinion amputation is the only way to go. So if you want to do it yourself.. fix yourself a leg guillotine and some heat some iron pokes to burn the wound shut.

or

visit a someone who knows about medicine and disease.

In my body. :D

My leg looks really hairy :D .

This is the big thai visa injury for he week. :) Its very painful if I hit or flick it :D

imgp0827i.th.jpg

stop flicking it :D

Ah, mate, you're getting some (un)(well)deserved stick about this, eh. Look, I'm not a doctor, though I do play one on television. So, since you won't go to a doctor and get some pills that will relax you enough to see a doctor :D try the amoxycillin. You've got 500mg caps, take two to start, then one 4x a day. Take these for at least 7 days - 10 probably wouldn't hurt you. A triple anti-biotic cream such as neosporin on the wound several times a day. If it becomes redder with or without pus, drink half a bottle of bloody good scotch and see the doc...cuz it means the anti-biotics just ain't working.

I'll assume you've already cleaned the wound with something like isopropyl alcohol. If not, do it - even though it'll sting. And do *not* drink the isopropyl lol...

If you get through the amox regime and it still hasn't helped, you might try going to a community PCU (primary care unit). You'll be seen by a nurse practioner instead of a doc, and that might let you feel a bit more at ease.

With the amoxycillin you might want to eat some acidophilus yoghurt. That will replace the good bacteria that the amox will kill off with the bad kind. Having that yoghurt will save you many mad dashes to the toilet.

Understand your feelings about docs. Won't get into it here, but I've had some rough times with them too.

Thanks noahvail,

I normally would of just self medicated but I thought since thai visa has so many legends like urself, I will give the posting thing a go. I don't like taking anti-biodics for no reason because I understand how thats not good for the body and of course one must take an entire course, not just a few tabs.

I dont want my leg to fall off because I might need it to kick out at a few doctors later in life :) .

Thanks for being so kind, I have helped a few on thai visa and it makes you feel good & u done good, thankyou muchly.

Dont worry, i wont litigate if the leg falls off :D