Swedish Murder Arrested By Thai Police

george

As most Swedes I´m not keen of the idea of death penalty or inhumane conditions in prisons.

But if the Swede suspected for murder is convicted for it, I really hope he will be judged equally as if he would have been a native - meaning that I hope the trial will be just, but also that he won´t get away easier because of nationality (due to foreign relations or something... for example since Sweden, has in comparison to its size, been rather generous with financial aid after the catastrophe...).

The last thing we wish to see is a lack of trust, or a increasing hostility towards westerners due to one persons ill behaviuor.

So, would he be guilty and senteced to a bizarre imprisonment, or perhaps even death, too bad - but also, don´t ######ing kill people and suit yourself if you do.

(pardon my French)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit off topic but in a way connected anyway.

Same newspaper(Aftonbladet.se)had another article saying that thai authorities are warning thai women for swedish men,saying that swedes come to LOS,meet thai women and bring them back to Sweden,once there the women are used as slaves basically,for sex,as maids,anything.

Phongprayoon Chaikiat is spokesman at thai embassy in Stockholm,he says:"A certain group of swedish men go to LOS for a kind of slavetourism,only to find a woman to bring back".

This is not new to swedes,always disgusting to hear about,but this time there is a TV documentary financed by thai state department about it,has been broadcast on ch11

apparently.

Men like that sickens me,I don't care whether they are my countrymen or not,it sucks big time anyway.

Yeah,I brought a thai woman back too,but we married before going back and it wasn't "slavery",and since she wasn't happy living there I followed her back here.

And all the bloodthirsty avengers here make me sick.  :o

I agree... it´s scary how one mans supposed cruelty brings out the similar features in equally supposed to be "normal" people.

Some of you give me the shivers in your lack of self awareness. How can you judge a man if you are of the same attitudes, or worse?

The playfull suggestions stated earlier are really tasteless... "I´ve got a rope and a wobbly stool..." (or whatever)... point made; this occupation with mindless, gory wish for revenge suggests that you could have been him.

Not that I´m any fan of the Bible, but let he who is free of guilt throw the first stone... you know.

And all the bloodthirsty avengers here make me sick.  :o

I agree... it´s scary how one mans supposed cruelty brings out the similar features in equally supposed to be "normal" people.

Some of you give me the shivers in your lack of self awareness. How can you judge a man if you are of the same attitudes, or worse?

The playfull suggestions stated earlier are really tasteless... "I´ve got a rope and a wobbly stool..." (or whatever)... point made; this occupation with mindless, gory wish for revenge suggests that you could have been him.

Not that I´m any fan of the Bible, but let he who is free of guilt throw the first stone... you know.

supposed? he admitted to it

and i know im not guilty of killing a woman 1/2 my size by crushing her head again and again on a tiled floor to make her shuttup

and i know im not guilty of killing a woman 1/2 my size by crushing her head again and again on a tiled floor to make her shuttup

Ok, so he admitted, but still, you missed the point.

The point is that a person harboring certain kinds of aggression is more likely to commit violent acts - if being such a person I´d be a hypocrite if I thought a murderer is worse than myself just because I yet has not killed anyone. Surely, most people don´t kill anyone during their lifetime, but a great lot might if faced with abnormal circumstances. Being a potential killer is more likely if you have initial, spontaniuos aggressive reactions - and if having that, one might just as well become what one (in these circumstances) resent.

... especially if emotion goes before rationale...

[... clipped ..]

I can't agree more with what u wrote Meds!

I can react really strongly in case of unusual situations, and I hope to never have to face a critical situation.

(Even if about this case, I don't think I would have smashed the head of the girl on the ground...)

He deserves any penalty for what he had done.He's killing someone.It doesn't matter who the person was,but he's a murder.Thailand has one of the most strongest laws,so now he has to pay his big debt.I do not feel sorry for this guy okay.Nothing personal,but he really deserved it.

The point is that a person harboring certain kinds of aggression is more likely to commit violent acts - if being such a person I´d be a hypocrite if I thought a murderer is worse than myself just because I yet has not killed anyone. Surely, most people don´t kill anyone during their lifetime, but a great lot might if faced with abnormal circumstances. Being a potential killer is more likely if you have initial, spontaniuos aggressive reactions - and if having that, one might just as well become what one (in these circumstances) resent.

i understand where you're coming from, i guess the one thing that this man didnt demonstrate was a self control over said emotions, something i have never lost to that extent and , God-willing, never will

i would hardly say that a call for justice is a bad kind of aggression

...It`s quite amazing that when something like this happens all the do gooders appear and try to persuade us that the ultimate sentence should not be given.

The bottom line is....this guy irrespective of nationality killed this woman in a vicious and callous manner with no regard for her life i.e. he bashed her head in.

Of course emotions come into it...but this is no excuse for taking a human life in such a way.

After he had killed her he did not have the smallest amount of respect for her..No what he did was to drag her body and dump it leaving it to rot while he made his escape.

I will pose this question. If the murderer had been a Thai National would the do gooders then be baying for his blood?....yes they probably would..

If found guilty of the murder this person does not deserve to live.

Why should the rest of society feed him and look after him for the rest of his life?

I hear what you are saying but he's supposed to have been under the influence of speed & alchohol at the time. If he's naturally aggressive, for sure - he should avoid this combination.

It's just like someone killing a person when drink-driving - it should warrant a sever penalty.

I say fry the guy - he's a thief, drug user & killer - that's enough for me...

From the Pattaya City News......

LATEST NEWS

Wednesday 2nd March 2005

Swedish man gives himself up and confesses to the body-in-the-bag murder case.

For the last 10 days, a massive Police hunt has been taking place as they searched for the body-in-the-bag killer. We broke the story on 19th February after members of the public alerted Police of the gruesome discovery in wasteland near the Siam Bayview Hotel on Pattaya Second Road. The decomposed body of a female initially thought to be a local transient but was later identified as a bar girl had been placed in a black bin liner and initial examinations suggested she had been hit on the back of the head and had sustained a number of knife wounds in the left shoulder area. It appeared that the body had been dumped by the killer after being tightly wrapped in black plastic bags and then placed inside a black sport bag. Police released the name of a Swedish man who was caught on CCTV pictures from the Sawasdee Mansions Hotel dragging a similar black bag through the reception area on 13th February. Mr. Carl Kenneth Eriksson aged 40 from Sweden was the prime suspect in the case; however the police hunt was proving unsuccessful. An amazing turn of events occurred on Tuesday afternoon, when Mr. Eriksson, a former French legionnaire surprisingly gave himself up to the Swedish Embassy in Bangkok who alerted Pattaya Police. On Wednesday Morning he arrived at Pattaya Police Station and took part in a dramatic reconstruction of the alleged murder under the watchful eyes of Police Lieutenant General Jongrak, the Chief of Police for Region 2 and other senior regional and local officers. The reconstruction begun at room number 501 of the Sawasdee Mansion Hotel. He showed Police and the gathered media how be begun his brutal attack on the woman who is still unidentified but was know to sell sexual services on Pattaya Beach. He continued the attack next to the bed and eventually killed the woman through a combination of stab wounds and a major trauma to the head. At this point he wrapped the body in black bin liners and placed the body inside a black sports bag which he had earlier purchased from a local shop. The bag was too heavy to carry so he dragged the bag through reception and onto the street. He walked along a nearby street and came to a high wall with wasteland on the other side. He summoned the assistance of another man who was unaware of the situation and the fact that a body was inside the bag. Together the pair threw the bag over the wall and Mr. Eriksson then hid the bag under a tree where it was discovered 5 days later by passers-by. Mr. Eriksson will be charged with first degree murder and is now behind bars awaiting a court appearance. We will keep you updated on developments in this body-in-the-bag murder case which now appears to have come to a conclusion to the relief of everyone involved in the case.

I think he will spend a long time in a Thai Jail........and deservedly so.

From the Pattaya City News......

LATEST NEWS

Wednesday 2nd March 2005

Swedish man gives himself up and confesses to the body-in-the-bag murder case.

For the last 10 days, a massive Police hunt has been taking place as they searched for the body-in-the-bag killer. We broke the story on 19th February after members of the public alerted Police of the gruesome discovery in wasteland near the Siam Bayview Hotel on Pattaya Second Road. The decomposed body of a female initially thought to be a local transient but was later identified as a bar girl had been placed in a black bin liner and initial examinations suggested she had been hit on the back of the head and had sustained a number of knife wounds in the left shoulder area. It appeared that the body had been dumped by the killer after being tightly wrapped in black plastic bags and then placed inside a black sport bag. Police released the name of a Swedish man who was caught on CCTV pictures from the Sawasdee Mansions Hotel dragging a similar black bag through the reception area on 13th February. Mr. Carl Kenneth Eriksson aged 40 from Sweden was the prime suspect in the case; however the police hunt was proving unsuccessful. An amazing turn of events occurred on Tuesday afternoon, when Mr. Eriksson, a former French legionnaire surprisingly gave himself up to the Swedish Embassy in Bangkok who alerted Pattaya Police. On Wednesday Morning he arrived at Pattaya Police Station and took part in a dramatic reconstruction of the alleged murder under the watchful eyes of Police Lieutenant General Jongrak, the Chief of Police for Region 2 and other senior regional and local officers. The reconstruction begun at room number 501 of the Sawasdee Mansion Hotel. He showed Police and the gathered media how be begun his brutal attack on the woman who is still unidentified but was know to sell sexual services on Pattaya Beach. He continued the attack next to the bed and eventually killed the woman through a combination of stab wounds and a major trauma to the head. At this point he wrapped the body in black bin liners and placed the body inside a black sports bag which he had earlier purchased from a local shop. The bag was too heavy to carry so he dragged the bag through reception and onto the street. He walked along a nearby street and came to a high wall with wasteland on the other side. He summoned the assistance of another man who was unaware of the situation and the fact that a body was inside the bag. Together the pair threw the bag over the wall and Mr. Eriksson then hid the bag under a tree where it was discovered 5 days later by passers-by. Mr. Eriksson will be charged with first degree murder and is now behind bars awaiting a court appearance. We will keep you updated on developments in this body-in-the-bag murder case which now appears to have come to a conclusion to the relief of everyone involved in the case.

I think he will spend a long time in a Thai Jail........and deservedly so.

he used a knife too? woah.....

Of course if a foreigner commits a crime against a Thai our boys in brown will follow-up.  What about the cop who committed premeditated murder of the two Brits in Kanchanaburi?  Has that case been dropped or what?

i guess, they will make him to the chief of the tourist police in ganchanaburi.

i would hardly say that a call for justice is a bad kind of aggression

Haha... (sorry for the haha, but still)... A call for justice can be made in so many ways. Being part of a bloodthirsty mob is one of them, using a more civilised manner is another.

Referring to chanting people outside prisons prior to execution of a hidious murderers in the U.S = the man in the electric chair is no more than a creation of the same society that thursts for his blood and agony to satisfy their need for justice.

The call for justice is not a bad kind of aggression, that is in fact not any expression of agression at all.

Why should the rest of society feed him and look after him for the rest of his life?

Simply to exhibit that we are better, to make a point. We do not kill.

And we are still better when he gets out, possibly HIV positive, shagging hookers, and killing again.

:o

In that case I will have two with points, a big flat one and a packet of gravel.

If you´d ever have the opportunity, perhaps you could steal a bike from whoever

stole mine a while ago? That´ll teach all bike thieves a good lesson. They are the

bad guys and deserve to get their bikes stolen since they did it first (- the bike

stealing regulator is of course in his full right to enact the same deed because he

is a good guy and didn´t do it first, which makes the act a completely different thing).

... nevermind...

Were any of my nearest to be murdered, I´d probably use excessive force of violence on the perpetrator if I could.

But then again, I´m not a representative of any legal system, only a common man.

In my opinion governments must serve as a role model of right and wrong, as parents do for their children (sort of, not exactly with that same relation... and I´ve lost faith in people understanding my points here). If my parents beat me as a punishment for beating my brother, then beating is in my understanding ok during certain circumstances.

How many are there not that argue that it´s not that bad to cheat on their tax declaration, since so many ministers do such things? Or drive too fast?

Don´t bother answering.

Were any of my nearest to be murdered, I´d probably use excessive force of violence on the perpetrator if I could.

But then again, I´m not a representative of any legal system, only a common man.

In my opinion governments must serve as a role model of right and wrong, as parents do for their children (sort of, not exactly with that same relation... and I´ve lost faith in people understanding my points here). If my parents beat me as a punishment for beating my brother, then beating is in my understanding ok during certain circumstances.

How many are there not that argue that it´s not that bad to cheat on their tax declaration, since so many ministers do such things? Or drive too fast?

Don´t bother answering.

?????????????? Anybody understand this???

In that case I will have two with points, a big flat one and a packet of gravel.

If you´d ever have the opportunity, perhaps you could steal a bike from whoever

stole mine a while ago? That´ll teach all bike thieves a good lesson. They are the

bad guys and deserve to get their bikes stolen since they did it first (- the bike

stealing regulator is of course in his full right to enact the same deed because he

is a good guy and didn´t do it first, which makes the act a completely different thing).

... nevermind...

an eye for an eye...etc

there is a world of difference between crime that does not involve violence and crime that does.

when you cross the barrier and use violence on another person then i believe you should lose the protection that being a member of society confers on you.

violent crimes should be punished with violent punishment.

once punished , the violent criminal will think twice before repeating his crime , society should be protected as much as possible from people who seek to gain advantage over others by the use of force.

there is a world of difference between crime that does not involve violence and crime that does.

when you cross the barrier and use violence on another person then i believe you should lose the protection that being a member of society confers on you.

violent crimes should be punished with violent punishment.

once punished , the violent criminal will think twice before repeating his crime , society should be protected as much as possible from people who seek to gain advantage over others by the use of force.

I agree and it also sends out a warning message to other would be violent criminals..