A 3 Litre Box Of Red Wine

LuckyLucas

I've been drinking the 3 litre boxes of South African Pearly Cape Red from my local Thai supermarket for several years with no complaints. It costs around 790 Baht a box. I was in Tesco Lotus yesterday and saw the Mont Clair, around 280 Baht a bottle, so I bought one and I'll give that a try, thanks for the advice, at that price it's worth giving it a go. :)

Do let us know. I tried the Mont Clair but found it too sweet and a bit too tart as well. And it's kinda thin. I'm gonna try some of the other mentioned here. Anyone try the Inglenook Merlot? Happened to see it today in Best.

I'm just cooking up a Chilli, and so have tried the Mont Clair, and it's indeed very good for the price. Needs to breathe for about 5 minutes before you drink it, but so do all the cheaper wines (plus a lot of the expensive ones).

A couple of glasses went into the Chilli, but I'm enjoying the rest right now. Hic!

I'm just cooking up a Chilli, and so have tried the Mont Clair, and it's indeed very good for the price. Needs to breathe for about 5 minutes before you drink it, but so do all the cheaper wines (plus a lot of the expensive ones).

A couple of glasses went into the Chilli, but I'm enjoying the rest right now. Hic!

I drink the Corte Antica (825 baht for 5 liters) from Friendship . It keeps well in the fridge for up to a week (or more) and is probably the most served house wine in Pattaya.

I can recognize its taste as we used to sell it as our house wine so when I am in a restaurant and they charge me 90/100 baht for a glass I get a little p----d off knowing it cost them 20 baht a glass.

I drink the Corte Antica (825 baht for 5 liters) from Friendship . It keeps well in the fridge for up to a week (or more) and is probably the most served house wine in Pattaya.

I can recognize its taste as we used to sell it as our house wine so when I am in a restaurant and they charge me 90/100 baht for a glass I get a little p----d off knowing it cost them 20 baht a glass.

I agree.

It's great value for money, but you need to go easy on it or else....