First Impressions

SEAtramp

After spending many years in Thailand, i decided after being told about 'how great Cambodia was, to give it a go.

So i convinced a mate of mine to go with me, telling him the great tales i had heard about it.

Took the bus from Bkk to the border and entered Cambodia at Poipet. Never forget my mates face as we stood looking at each other, it was reminisent from the film Butch Cassidy & Sundace kid. The scene where they have just got of the train in Bolivia. :o

That was 11 years ago btw.

After spending many years in Thailand, i decided after being told about 'how great Cambodia was, to give it a go.

So i convinced a mate of mine to go with me, telling him the great tales i had heard about it.

Took the bus from Bkk to the border and entered Cambodia at Poipet. Never forget my mates face as we stood looking at each other, it was reminisent from the film Butch Cassidy & Sundace kid. The scene where they have just got of the train in Bolivia.  :D

That was 11 years ago btw.

What was so different in comparison to Thailand? Although I know a bit history of Cambodia(Pol Pot, Communism, Vietnamese occupation :o ) is this state really so poor when we may say that Thailand is fully influenced by Western style of life?