Any Good Priced Condos Or Houses?

Gary74

With the current real estate crash, has anyone seen any good priced condos and houses in Pattaya and Jomtien?

Thais been building and building loads of condos and houses and with the current economic crisis and real estate meltdown it might be the best time to buy.

I'm not in a hurry but I would like to keep my eyes open for a good deal. Does anyone recommend anything????????

And yes I hate those real estate agents with their bullshit games since there are too many in Pattaya trying sell and say anything to make money.

Edited by Gary74

Gary when it comes to real estate it depends what you are looking for.

When you ask has any one seen any good priced houses or condos in Pattaya it depends what your criteria is.

I will make a guess at the criteria of just less expenssive. If this is the case. Then I would look at the Nirun condominuim. Nine Karat condominuim, and the Majestic Condominuims. These are low end priced buildings.

As for value negotiation is the thing. I would if interested be making some low ball offers. It is more likely that some on will bite now.

Edited by philliphn

Where is Angket, please. If "cheap" simply is a reduced price that reflects the cost of needed restoration, then the condo isn't "cheap". "Cheap" (at least my definition) is a price that, after taking into account all costs of repairs/refurbishment, reflects the current low demand for real estate in Pattaya and Thailand more generally. I agree that negotiation is a part of this, but the asking price sets the starting point for price negotiation and is typically used by buyers as an indication as to whether there is any reason to go through the effort of negotiation. My observation is that few sellers are willing/interested in selling at prices that reflect current market conditions and are hoping to find the farang fool (or that the farang fool finds them -- the "there is an ass for every seat" theory) or wait until the market improves, however long that takes. There seem to be just too many insanely priced buildings (like North Point, the Cove, and the Waterfront, for examples) under or planned for construction for condo owners to get a real idea of what their properties are worth. And I assume that few are really desperate to sell, which would start to bring prices down more rapidly. So, alot of hunting and negotiating from unrealistic starting/asking prices seems to be required to find a "deal" in Pattaya. Not the best way to spend your time, unless you have a lot of it to spare.

My place is a good deal. Currently advertised for 15m but i would be willing to sell for 12 (no agent fees involved) and it's near the route 36 road. 1 rai 4 ensuite bedrooms, 2 living areas, big garden and swimming pool etc etc. I'm in no hurry to sell but you did ask and it is a good deal!!

With the current real estate crash, has anyone seen any good priced condos and houses in Pattaya and Jomtien?

Thais been building and building loads of condos and houses and with the current economic crisis and real estate meltdown it might be the best time to buy.

I'm not in a hurry but I would like to keep my eyes open for a good deal. Does anyone recommend anything????????

And yes I hate those real estate agents with their bullshit games since there are too many in Pattaya trying sell and say anything to make money.

Actually there are quite a few good deals around at the moment, but it depends on what you are looking for. That said, I run a real estate brokerage so you probably won't want to deal with me (even though I don't play any games whatsoever - in 2006 the highly respected Euromoney magazine named us as Thailand's leading real estate advisors). Before writing off every property agent, you should speak to individuals (buyers and sellers) with significant experience in the local property market. While there are undoubtedly plenty of sharks amongst the town's brokers, there are also several good, honest individuals who can provide a great deal of assistance to someone such as yourself.

if your budget is about B10m and you want just out-of-town, quality, beachfront, low-rise, duplex condo with roof pool then ours here are excellent. 2 or 3 units left out of 12.

Your self serving statements are too vague and non-specific to provide any information to the OP or anyone else reading this thread. And what has happened since 2006? For someone living in Europe and trying to purchase a home or condo in Pattaya, working with a real estate agent may (regrettably) be the only efficient means to get the mission accomplished. But for someone living here in Pattaya, what does an agent do that a buyer cannot do for himself? And since the buyer is certain to pay in increased price the 5% commission, what assistance is worth that kind of money? Specifically, how many sales of houses and condos has you represented the buyer or seller in the last 12 months where the buyer presently resided in Pattaya? And in how many of such cases did the buyer get a "really good deal"? My guess is that the number approximates zero.

My place is a good deal. Currently advertised for 15m but i would be willing to sell for 12 (no agent fees involved) and it's near the route 36 road. 1 rai 4 ensuite bedrooms, 2 living areas, big garden and swimming pool etc etc. I'm in no hurry to sell but you did ask and it is a good deal!!

dam_n ! That's 2 mill over my budget :)

dam_n ! That's 2 mill over my budget :)

And probably B2 million+ more than the house is worth in the current market. So, if you believe the poster above, put your negotiation skills to work -- choke dee, krap!

Your self serving statements are too vague and non-specific to provide any information to the OP or anyone else reading this thread. And what has happened since 2006? For someone living in Europe and trying to purchase a home or condo in Pattaya, working with a real estate agent may (regrettably) be the only efficient means to get the mission accomplished. But for someone living here in Pattaya, what does an agent do that a buyer cannot do for himself? And since the buyer is certain to pay in increased price the 5% commission, what assistance is worth that kind of money? Specifically, how many sales of houses and condos has you represented the buyer or seller in the last 12 months where the buyer presently resided in Pattaya? And in how many of such cases did the buyer get a "really good deal"? My guess is that the number approximates zero.

I assume this was directed at me. The answer is simple. Lots of sellers, some of whom are not living here in Pattaya, list their properties with us and other agents and that is how they look to source buyers. Therefore, unless prospective purchasers go to an agent they are very unlikely to find out about these properties, some of which are exceptional deals.

Also, we only charge 3%, not 5% and that is paid by the seller not the buyer. If a seller chooses to use an agent, he accepts there is a cost involved and, in my experience, it is rare that they would try to pass that cost onto the buyer.

A large proportion of the deals I work on involve buyers who already live here in Pattaya, many of them are repeat clients, seasoned real estate investors, who obviously believe there is a value in using our services. And over the last 12 months many of our buyers have gotten outstanding deals, so your guess really couldn't be any wider of the mark. Maybe you should stop guessing, and only comment when you know the facts.

My message was not meant to be specific, even though we have a number of outstanding deals right now. For example, a lovely new 4 bed, 4 bath detached house on 160 sq wah with a lovely landscaped garden and a very nice, big freeform pool, with water fall. The decoration and furniture is beautiful. In a new, popular and secure gated community in East Pattaya. Available for 4.5m Baht. Or a 3 bed/bath corner unit condo in a new, but completed condo building on Pratumnak, fully furnished to a high standard, but never lived in, 128 sq m, 4.5m Baht. Happy now that I have been more specific? If this or any other buyer thinks he can find deals like this for himself, that is absolutely fine and he should go ahead and do so. We don't force people through our door, we just try to be of help to those who choose to come to us.

I'm in a similar position to the OP. Waiting for the prices of apartments and condos to drop (hopefully) and the pound to rise (I reckon 60 would make me happy).

I would like something with 2 bedrooms, between 75 and 100 m2 and would be looking to spend between 1.5 and 2 million THB. I'm not sure whether to buy now (with a loan) or save for a year and then pay cash. Any advice ?

Maybe I've been sucked-in by the hype, but I really like that Northshore building. That would be a perfect location for me, but I get the impression its out of my price range.

I'll be in Pattaya in 2 weeks time for a fortnights leave and I plan to have a look at a few places. Hopefully I'll firm-up my plans then.

Londo

I'm in a similar position to the OP. Waiting for the prices of apartments and condos to drop (hopefully) and the pound to rise (I reckon 60 would make me happy).

I would like something with 2 bedrooms, between 75 and 100 m2 and would be looking to spend between 1.5 and 2 million THB. I'm not sure whether to buy now (with a loan) or save for a year and then pay cash. Any advice ?

Maybe I've been sucked-in by the hype, but I really like that Northshore building. That would be a perfect location for me, but I get the impression its out of my price range.

I'll be in Pattaya in 2 weeks time for a fortnights leave and I plan to have a look at a few places. Hopefully I'll firm-up my plans then.

Londo

2 Mill for a 100m2 - that is 20,000 / SqM!!! I think you will be waiting a long time!! :)

The OP needs to be a bit more specific regards budget?? - 25,000/Bt/ SqM for a 500 SqM house is "cheap" but it totals 12.5 Million, 70,000 Bt/Sqm/ for a 90 SqM condo is "expensive" but totals 6.3 Million, know what i mean???

Any budget guidelines from the OP??

I would like something with 2 bedrooms, between 75 and 100 m2 and would be looking to spend between 1.5 and 2 million THB.

That ain't gonna happen. But you might check Flybird out on Soi 17.

I'm not sure whether to buy now (with a loan) or save for a year and then pay cash. Any advice ?

Loan? :)

What a house is worth is 13 times what comparable property rents for a year per the house price rent ratio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_estate_bubble

The bubble in real estate from 28 times rent is working its way back to 13 all over the world and in some locations it has already overshot that mark but may stabilize there for several years.

With the current real estate crash, ...

Sorry, but which "current real estate crash" ?? :)

There seems to be a crash in some countries (UK, USA, ...)

but from what I can see NOT in Pattaya.

A small reduction of sells, yes, but nothing more

and certainly not a "crash".

There is a crash. A longterm real estate agent and owner whom I have know for many years told me "there are no business and everybody is watching what's next". One agent who's been in the business for long time is packing it in and another owner is getting ready. His exact words were " I have never seen it this bad before".

In all the years in Pattaya, I have never seen so many condos, houses and rentals built, especailly in last 5 years. Many are trying to hold on for better times but few buyers and tons of for sale property on top of rentals and hotel rooms.

I'll wait and see what happens down the road.

With the current real estate crash

Which is exactly what everyone else is doing, don't expect any bargains for anything that is purchased with cash

Yes CASH but they still have to pay other debts they have to pay for overspending during the "good" times. Many farangs and Thais are hurting but trying to hold on since many overpaid for their property. Pattaya real estate business is very, very slow and agents are hurting pretty bad and you know this. On top of this, there are many new unsold condos, houses and other rental properties.

It's just the matter of time before people giving in and face the reality. Economy dictates the real estate market and there is nothing bright in the near future and many don't have that time to wait.

I'll wait and see what's happening down the road. Got nothing to loose but everything to gain. Plus I always thought Pattaya real estate prices were and is OVERPRICED. :D

Edited by Gary74

Londo

I know of one that is 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 76 sq m for 2.2m Baht, but that is about as close as you are likely to get.

Londo

I know of one that is 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 76 sq m for 2.2m Baht, but that is about as close as you are likely to get.

TJG ,

I've gotta friend looking for a condo like the above-mentioned 2/BR @ 2.2M... gotta website so he can see pictures? Thanks,

-Michael

Londo

TJG ,

I've gotta friend looking for a condo like the above-mentioned 2/BR @ 2.2M... gotta website so he can see pictures? Thanks,

-Michael

Hi Michael, I will send you a personal message with the details of the site and the reference for the property,

Tim

• 1 month later...
What about this for 1,000,000 baht http://1millionbaht.com/

Hi,

Do you have more information about this condo ?

Is it soon ready to transfer? And I guess that 1 million baht is the price for the lower floor 36 sqm, what about higher floors?

Are you sure it is not sold out yet ? And what is the maintenance fee ?

Thanks for info.

There is a crash. A longterm real estate agent and owner whom I have know for many years told me "there are no business and everybody is watching what's next". One agent who's been in the business for long time is packing it in and another owner is getting ready. His exact words were " I have never seen it this bad before".

In all the years in Pattaya, I have never seen so many condos, houses and rentals built, especailly in last 5 years. Many are trying to hold on for better times but few buyers and tons of for sale property on top of rentals and hotel rooms.

Yes but in Thailand that is the way it goes....or rather stops, in other countries sellers reduce prices to attract sellers in Thailand many of the sellers are rich investors who would rather let a property stand empty than sell it for less than what they consider will give them a good profit on their investment.