Abhisit Reports On Govt's Performance

george

I have a business to run, children to take care and not all of them are with government schools. My money doesn't sit in the bank and I don't go to top restaurant and cafe daily.

:)

Being poor isn't about not going to top restaurants. This is not how hardship is defined.

It's you who needs to go and see how the poor live and eat as it's clear you don't have a clue what it is to really struggle.

Whilst you are out there, tell them your woes about only earning a pitiful 100,000 baht a month and not even having enough to dine at The Oriental. I'm sure they'll relate to your troubles.

Triumph workers call on government for help

Sat, 08/08/2009 - 06:00 On Aug 6, about 300 members of the Triumph Labour Union rallied at Government House to petition the Prime Minister and call on the government to intervene in their dispute with the company which has laid off 1,959 workers.

Sutham Limsuwankasem, Deputy Secretary-General of the Prime Minister, allowed 9 representatives of the workers to meet him inside the compound, and received the petition on behalf of the PM.

2009-08-0720triumph1_0.jpg

Jitra Kotchadej, advisor to the union, said that they chose to come on the day the PM was holding a press conference on the government's achievements in its 6 months in office, because they wanted to show that workers were still being laid off, contrary to the PM's claim that the layoffs would be delayed.

Full story at http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/1346

Because some of us are realists,

not living in fantasy world constructs of the Thaksin PR machine's making.

Koo there WAS a coup before Samak was elected.

There was no coup after Samak was elected.

Samak was disqualified by his own actions, perjury and arrogance,

BUT he could have run again for PM legally.

No one in HIS OWN PARTY wanted him back.

Most candidates are better than Thaksin at this point.

He has lost international credibility being caught lieing on CNN and BBC

over Songkran riots, no country except Redland, and a few grasping tinpot dictators,

wants to do business with him. He is not welcome in several countries to even set foot.

What wonderful qualifications for a national leader.

And even if he gets a very unlikely pardon for Rachhadapisek,

there are the OTHER cases awaiting disposition.

He can't be pardon in advance for those.

So he is quite unqualified for the PM job on a number of counts.

Most of us do not HATE Thakisn, but we fear him returning to power,

because he has a documented tendency for revenge on those that oppose him.

That is another glaring reason why his is patently unfit to by PM again.

All this goes to show most ANYONE not demented is more fit to be PM that Kuhn Thaksin.

Edited by animatic

After the 2549 coup and 2550 Constitution Law, 111 Thai Rak Thai Executive members were banned. But Khun Samak of PPP still won the election with the short of 111 members. Why didn't Abhisit or Democrat Party win back then?

You're right that there were no army coup after Khun Samak but people talked about a silent coup. After 2nd banning for more than 30 PPP members, PT still has more members than any party in Parliament. In December last year, PT had about 182 and Democrat Party 165.

Without the coup, the banning almost 150 TRT members, the help from army to ask politicians to switch votes, Democrat Party would still be opposition party now.

In other word, without that coup, the Thai Prime Minister now is Khun Thaksin and Thais don't lose jobs like this.

over Songkran riots

Because his English is worse than Abhisit's English :) ?

Not only English. Khun Thaksin said he writes Thai not so well now after living overseas for so long.

Fortunately we don't need a lecturer or a spokesman. We need a real leader who has real achievements.

Fortunately we don't need a lecturer or a spokesman. We need a real leader who has real achievements.

Your lot seems to want a STRONG MAN leader a la Marcos. And yet you claim to be pro democratic. You can't have both, once such people take power, they do not let go. Look at history.

In other word, without that coup, the Thai Prime Minister now is Khun Thaksin and Thais don't lose jobs like this.

I'm fascinated to learn from you, that Thaksin knows how to fully negate the effects on Thailand of the global economic-crisis, perhaps he should be running the IMF or the World Bank, and not just one country ?

No wonder other countries want him to advise on their business-development, giving him diplomatic-passports, and encouraging him to invest there. :)

over Songkran riots

Because his English is worse than Abhisit's English :) ?

Not only English. Khun Thaksin said he writes Thai not so well now after living overseas for so long.

No Koo he was just lying,

I saw the interviews he LIED BIG TIME.

He got CAUGHT on international TV.

No talking this one away.

Koo you want 'Achievements'

Then you list me the achievements of the Thaksin controled

Samak elected government's 6 months in office.

No excuses like Yellow trouble.

What did that Samak government ACTUALLY DO IN 6 MONTHS?????

Please a concise list. No editorials.

Tell me also what did THAKSIN TRT 1st 6 months accomplish

during an world economic high too. Nice little list.

Lets see if wishful hind sight matches past realities.

Double dare you!

Edited by animatic

I'm fascinated to learn from you, that Thaksin knows how to fully negate the effects on Thailand of the global economic-crisis, perhaps he should be running the IMF or the World Bank, and not just one country ?

No wonder other countries want him to advise on their business-development, giving him diplomatic-passports, and encouraging him to invest there. :)

Koo dear, please tell Ricardo a your take on Thaksin and the IMF...

he should find THIS fascinating reading.

This government does nothing. They spend all their time trying to discredit Thaksin to try to stay in office. They can't even manage to protect what tourist industry is left. If they can't see fit to replace a battery in a buoy paid for by another government, what hope is there for the country? They can't even buy fire trucks without vast corruption. How many politicians have been prosecuted for corruption other than Thaksin? Let's rephrase that, how many politicians ever go to jail for being thieves?

The "majority" voted for PPP, so Khun Samak was PM.

I don't know how you count, but I count like this: after election, PPP got 233 and Democrats got 145. That was 88 more than Democrats.

PPPs's 233 seats is NOT a majority of 480. A majorty would be more than 50% - 240 seats.

And Democrats got 165 seats, not 145.

Currently PTP has 187 MPs, Democrats 173.

However, political problems and the A(H1N1) flu outbreak were factors that could hinder economic recovery.

I'm most interested in the A(H1N1) flu subject. What did Abhisit do to prevent it from spreading like it is now? How many have died in Thailand because of this flu? 81? The flu comes from people and is a lot easier to control compared with the bird flu. Birds need no visa or passport to enter Thailand and Khun Thaksin controlled the bird flu nicely....

When Abhisit mentioned "political problems" and "the A(H1N1) flu", he is trying to defense why he can't work. I don't see he has the capacity to be a country leader. Spokesman or opposition party leader are 2 best jobs for Abhisit.

Clearly not even the slightest handle on epidemiology, not that I expected there to be.

Koo it wouldn't be a pandemic if ANYONE could control it. It can only be slowed.

If you mean locking down the country to prevent it arriving, it has not happened ANYWHERE WORLD WIDE.

If you are implying it is a farang problem and not a world problem you don't under stand the issue.

Actually Bird Flu was easier to control ONCE Thaksin stopped actively HIDING the problem...

Kill the chickens and ducks, kills the virus... Under control.

But we have a bit of an issue killing off people with Swine Flu, don't we Koo?

Here's a GREAT questions Dr. Thaksin has lots of money.

has HE or his TEAM done ANYTHING AT ALL to stop A(H1N1) spreading???

ANYTHING.?