Lawyer In Chiang Mai

Andreas84

I am looking for a lawyer in Chiang Mai who has (at least some) familiarity with the music industry, copyrights, the use of session musicians etc. I will record some music with session musicians in Chiang Mai, Bangkok and Poland, and I want to make contracts and ensure my rights to all recorded material. I would like to discuss potential loopholes with a lawyer. It is of course important that the lawyer can speak and write very good English. I also believe I might use this lawyer after leaving the country, and thus communicate by email and phone.

I do not know the price range for this kind of lawyer, but it should not be too expensive. To begin with I will not discuss very complicated matter with this lawyer.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer directly, or a company (in Chiang Mai or Bangkok) who might be able to help me? Great if someone can give recommendations based on personal experience!

I am looking for a lawyer in Chiang Mai who has (at least some) familiarity with the music industry, copyrights, the use of session musicians etc. I will record some music with session musicians in Chiang Mai, Bangkok and Poland, and I want to make contracts and ensure my rights to all recorded material. I would like to discuss potential loopholes with a lawyer. It is of course important that the lawyer can speak and write very good English. I also believe I might use this lawyer after leaving the country, and thus communicate by email and phone.

I do not know the price range for this kind of lawyer, but it should not be too expensive. To begin with I will not discuss very complicated matter with this lawyer.

Can anyone recommend a lawyer directly, or a company (in Chiang Mai or Bangkok) who might be able to help me? Great if someone can give recommendations based on personal experience!

Hi..me again..I have a very good contact..he speaks very good English and can assist with all matters of contracts, legal documents, translations, visas, work permits etc, conveyancing, corporate and criminal law. PM me and I will supply contact details.

Be very careful retaining the services of a shyster here. Perhaps do some research from previous posts in the Chiang Mai forum on shysters (lawyers) in Chiang Mai. Furthermore, with respect to music copyrights, performance rights, royalties and so forth, you could be paying for a worthless piece of paper. These type of laws are rarely enforced in LOS. Noticed any bootleg CD's or DVD's for sale in the Night Bazar?