Best Airline

lampard10

Which is the world's best airline  

696 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The prices on line vary so much. Atlanta to Bangkok roundtrip on EVA evergreen deluxe is $1280. On Thai economy class is $3491. No one would pay that on Thai air. It must be some problem with the web site. I know if I called them on the phone I would get a lower rate.

This was for the same date, 3/14 - 3/28. Just a test. I am not coming then.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rough guide from UK at the mo...Info only.....

EVA Air

Bangkok - Economy £316.00

Bangkok - Elite £610.00

Bangkok - Business £1283.00

Thai Airways

Bangkok £319.00

Hanoi / Ho Chi Minh £355.00

Australia £410.00

for Bangok plus about £90 tax.......west east ...C.M./Rai another 40 quid... :o

How come there is no mention of ETIHAD airways I have flown with them 3 times and I say they are the best for the price you pay (a very good bargin) food is very good but they are having problems with getting there new planes until march but they still are the best under £400 which they easy beat upper priced flight of £500 and more

Hi Rinrada

I also had a very good flight with British Airways. Fortunately due to code sharing it was perfomed by Qantas.

Only downside they seem to have rather more stewards than stewardess's.

Queens And Nancies Trained As Stewards... :o

Recently flew Bangkok-New York on the TG New York Express. I was very impressed and thought it was the best flight to USA ever. Returned on United Chicago-Tokyo-Bangkok in Business class. Never again. :o

SQ to Singapore and return for the Asian Aerospace 2006 last week was nice too. They do a great job even in Economy. :D

Singapore (SG) & Cathay Pacific (CX) are always in the top three of airline surveys. They both compete head to head and manage to be trendsetters in the industry. It surprised me a great deal when Lufthansa became the first to have in-flight internet. Nevertheless, SG & CX are the envy of the industry and all international airlines look to them to set the bar.

I have worked in the industry myself for 10 years now so I ought to know. :o

SG (Sempati Air Transport) "The envy of the industry"?? Did you mean SQ (Singapore Airlines)?

more about SG Sempati Air Transport

Singapore (SG) & Cathay Pacific (CX) are always in the top three of airline surveys. They both compete head to head and manage to be trendsetters in the industry. It surprised me a great deal when Lufthansa became the first to have in-flight internet. Nevertheless, SG & CX are the envy of the industry and all international airlines look to them to set the bar.

I have worked in the industry myself for 10 years now so I ought to know. :o

SG (Sempati Air Transport) "The envy of the industry"?? Did you mean SQ (Singapore Airlines)?

more about SG Sempati Air Transport

It ain't no SQ is is it ?

Talking about SQ economy class, I can't see how it is so much superior to the other Asian airlines. True, the stewardesses in their outfit are cute :o, but that's all I think. Honestly I find the quality of the service at the same level as the others, if not less in some areas.

Anyone remember...British Eagle,British United,Dan Airways (dan-dare Air)and good old British Caledonian Airways........moto .."we never forget you have a choice".... Chieftian Club .. :D

I assume you mean Dan-Air (London) .....there was a Dan Air in Denmark too, but not related. BA bought them for a quid!!!!

I remember them, the Dan Dare handle came from the charter side of the business (probably down to them not using there own crew on the planes and just leasing them) not scheduled flights which were as good as if not better than BA :D The first airline to fly the good old BAe 146 (now the RJ series which is sadly discontinued)....quality little plane that.

My Dad used to work for Dan Air Engineering which actually had an excellant record in the maintenance sector, far far superior to BA....in fact BA used to have them do A and C checks for all there 1-11 aircraft :D This wasn't bought by BA and was a seperate business to the airline. Instead struggled on for a while before being swallowed by FFV Aerotech which became FLS Aerospace, went into a JV with Airtours (My Travel)......My Travel bought the UK side of the business from FLS when they got into financial difficulties and now they run maintenance for Aer Lingus, Easyjet and of course My Travel amongst many others

Not sure if I remember this right but didn't BA also own British Airtours (I remember the colours were almost the same as BAs') which BA merged with Caledonian when they bought them?

Notice that 2 of the old airlines you mention are now BA :D Don't know about Eagle/United before my time I'm afraid.

Bit off topic I know :o

Edited by moonoi

From Memory...British Eagle became/joined British United who then went on to become B.Cal......

Believe both got going sometimes after the war in the (late 1940s) and made great contributions during the Berlin Air lift.(Comms shut the corridor to the city)

Also the boss of B.U in @ 1966-67 was a lad called Freddie Laker who as we all know later became........................

:o

British Airways then started buying them all up............

Bit off topic I know :o

but only nid noi...btw....do you hold a chair for British aviation history? :D

haha....I'll admit to being an "aviation enthusiast" :D Btw for best airline from here to the UK I vote for Finnair.......Its quicker than BA to Manchester and cheaper too. And I find the service to be far better :D I know the inflight entertainment in Eco class isn't as good but has more legroom. I believe that they are refitting the cabins and by end of 2007 all the long haul fleet will have personal inflight entertainment throughout all classes so not long before even that "minor" issue is addressed.......and well I also dislike Boeing aircraft. I quite like the trusty MD-11 (ok I know Boeing bought McDonnell Douglas but they didn't design it!!!)

Must admit I hate flying BA, except for the one time I was upgraded to first class....then I liked it :D

How come there is no mention of ETIHAD airways I have flown with them 3 times and I say they are the best for the price you pay (a very good bargin) food is very good but they are having problems with getting there new planes until march but they still are the best under £400 which they easy beat upper priced flight of £500 and more

When I posted this poll I don't think Etihad were going. I think they're only a branch of Emerites anyway.

From Memory...British Eagle became/joined British United who then went on to become B.Cal......

Believe both got going sometimes after the war in the (late 1940s) and made great contributions during the Berlin Air lift.(Comms shut the corridor to the city)

Also the boss of B.U in @ 1966-67 was a lad called Freddie Laker who as we all know later became........................

:o

British Airways then started buying them all up............

Yeah...who can forget the good ol' SkyTrain

Funny that all the airlines that BA was accused of poaching passengers from, moving there timeslots to almost the same as competitors amongst other things were either put out of business by BA or bought by them. The only one to survive that period of british aviation history (other than BA of course) is Virgin Atlantic.

Edited by moonoi

Somebody said SQ flight attendants get booted out when they reach 28 yrs of life.

A friend who used to date one of them told me - in the contract it says when they are 30 the contract is for re-negotiation. Meaning, if they were good, some may become crew's cheif on staff on a flight.

Somebody said SQ flight attendants get booted out when they reach 28 yrs of life.

A friend who used to date one of them told me - in the contract it says when they are 30 the contract is for re-negotiation. Meaning, if they were good, some may become crew's cheif on staff on a flight.

Why I'm not surprised :o

Edited by CMCool

Talking about SQ economy class, I can't see how it is so much superior to the other Asian airlines. True, the stewardesses in their outfit are cute :o, but that's all I think. Honestly I find the quality of the service at the same level as the others, if not less in some areas.

I agree. I recently flew from Penang to Singapore on SQ and could not find any big difference to the other Asian airlines. They don't even offer mileage credit if you buy real cheap ticket.

Non stop flights, mileage credit, cheap price, those are much more important than cute outfit or better wine to me.

Hmmm any chance they can impose that on UAL Flight Attendents? :o

yep, it's true.

Never get away with this in the western world.God Bless Asia. :o

yep, it's true.

Never get away with this in the western world.God Bless Asia. :D

:o Seconded

yep, it's true.

Never get away with this in the western world.God Bless Asia. :D

:D Seconded

And if they fail or are too old then British Airways take them on. :o

If I have to get off on occasional glimpses of flight attendants that just means the entertainment system sucks. Buy a copy of FHM before the flight and let the oldies earn a living.

If we have an emergency landing I want a tough old bird who knows how to control a situation, not some powder puff.

Except for "Ironface" on Air Transat. She scares me.

cv

If I have to get off on occasional glimpses of flight attendants that just means the entertainment system sucks. Buy a copy of FHM before the flight and let the oldies earn a living.

If we have an emergency landing I want a tough old bird who knows how to control a situation, not some powder puff.

well said.

i've had good service and food with eva (evergreen deluxe) , singapore , british midland , cathay.

and poor flights , (i.e. poor service , food and long delays) with british airways , qantas , gulf and thai.

Except for "Ironface" on Air Transat. She scares me.

cv

can't agree at all with you here.I would much rather have somebody that is easy on the eye, polite, efficient and has had double the training than most other airlines...Rather than a rude, gruff, inefficient battle axe that should be pressing her face into dough to make Gorrila biscuits.That's why SQ always rates high.

Dont fly Economy so can't comment on that one but for me the worst Business class is Emirates, up there with the best is Kenya Air.Emirates do make up for it with their new First Class which is nothing short of spectacular.BA first class also good as is Singapore.So basically Emirates have the worst business class going but the best first class. :o EPG

Qatar offer very good value for money, pretty similar to emirates imho, but often a lot cheaper.

I flew with Qatar this time. I agree that they are good value for money. All the planes are fairly new but all 4 flights i took with them were delayed and trying to change your ticket is impossible.

They advertise themselves as 5 Star :D but i think i'll be flying 4 Star in future, if that's what 5 Star is like :o:D