Best Airline

lampard10

Which is the world's best airline  

696 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Air Vietnam..

Saudi-air..........

Air Nu Guinea..

Kuwait Air.......

Iraqi Air...........

Pakistani Air.......

BINman................

Royal Air Maroc........

Air Algerie..............

Egypt Air.......................

Sierra Leone Airways............

Royal Air Cambodge...............

Nigerian Airways...........................

Ghana Airways................................

Air Zimbabwe.............................................

Zambia Airways................................................

at the time they all seemed like a good idea................. :o

Oh my! You certainly are a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Air Vietnam..

Saudi-air..........

Air Nu Guinea..

Kuwait Air.......

Iraqi Air...........

Pakistani Air.......

BINman................

Royal Air Maroc........

at the time they all seemed like a good idea................. :D

:o:D

Rinrada a very good selection:

Air Niugini - internal and international always providing suprises(pleasant & Unpleasant).

Vietnam Airlines - international these days excellent planes and hostesses = good flying.

One from the past you may have forgotten = PAL :D:D

AND Anything with China in its name.

Am I being too picky? My wife and I normally fly out to BKK three/four times a year, and have flown on many different carriers, despite the fact that it means losing out on the convenience stakes, flying from an airport less than thirty minutes away, cannot envisage flying KLM again!

Don't know about KLM, but their partner Air France has some serious issues to resolve, and maybe since the two joined Air France's art of nonchalance has become part of the training for KLM. They have one of the worst check in facilities I have experienced, (at CDG and others), and their flight attendants are filled with Gallic indifference, especially in economy. On Business they do display a touch of grace, but only fleetingly. In economy the glorious repast, (a white bread sandwich that you used to buy at Don Muang when you were really desparate), was served as one might throw a frisbee. But as a state airline, I suppose there is little incentive to change.

AND Anything with China in its name.

Must admit though, it's entertaining watching the flight attendands yelling at people who start retrieving their luggage from the overhead bins between the time the back wheels and the front wheels touch down. (Every Chinese flight...guaranteed)

Air Vietnam..

Saudi-air..........

Air Nu Guinea..

Kuwait Air.......

Iraqi Air...........

Pakistani Air.......

BINman................

Royal Air Maroc........

at the time they all seemed like a good idea................. :D

:o:D

Rinrada a very good selection:

Air Niugini - internal and international always providing suprises(pleasant & Unpleasant).

Vietnam Airlines - international these days excellent planes and hostesses = good flying.

One from the past you may have forgotten = PAL :D:D

Remember they went bust a few years ago but are back again.....

Never actually flew with them. :D

My jolis to La Union-Angeles-Makati -etc were always with MAS from KL....one time engine went on fire and we headed back for a freebie night opposite the Petronas Towers (then only half built)

Others I tried and thought OK were me old fav China Airlines but 2 other old 707 s i have been with ...Continential (local Al Hadji -Nigeria) and VARIG (Lagos to Rio) both crashed in the West Africian Jungle...needless to say I was not........still :D

19 October 2006

President Arroyo leads rites: PAL rolls out first of 20 new Airbus jets

MANILA - President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo leads top government officials and private-sector guests as Philippine Airlines unveils tomorrow (20 October) its newest aircraft, an Airbus A319-100, which launches the much-anticipated modernization of the flag carrier's single-aisle fleet.

The new fleet features a 21st-century enhanced cabin that is the first for an Asian carrier, state-of-the-art passenger amenities, and a new coastal-themed interior design that calls to mind the country's picturesque coastline. :D

http://www.philippineairlines.com/

So Where the worse Airport Toilets ? :D:D

i vote qatar air

lhr doha bkk

got put on there by travel agent recommendation 5 years ago, loved it, brand new airbus330 fleet superb professional service, whole thing worked like a sewing machine, 90 min stopover in doha , just nice to get out stretch your legs neat little airport no hassle, then back on again

my least favourite is gulf air, dirty planes full of ethnics

the worst all time apart from saudia is Phuket Air, what a disgrace, 2 ancient 747s broke down together in Sharjah miltary airfield. 400 + people stranded 14 hours, no reps, air crew vanished, we were abandoned

it was only by luck one thai lady traveled had a mobile and phoned an influential general who contacted Mr T to make things happen

• 1 month later...
If you haven't used Emerites....don't vote! I've used all the major ones and this one stands out from the rest.

it all depends what class you travel. business class of Emirates beats Singapore Airlines but no airline beats Singapore Airlines when travelling first class.

moreover, Emirates has different seats and a different quality of service depending on routings.

I noticed that JAL wasn't listed as one of the options to vote on and figured I would share my impression of this Airline.

JAL stewardesses were very pretty, and also very accomodating. I took my first trip to Bangkok a few months ago and took a JAL flight to Narita(exceptional airport, very nice with great bars, smoking lounges and excellent little shops for tourists to buy snacks and electronics) and transfered flight from Narita to Bangkok. I noticed that most of the stewardesses spoke broken english but for my flight from NY to Japan I was surprised to see some speak very fluent Thai. Of course from Narita to Bangkok most stewardesses were Thai. Seats were semi-comfortable and though it was packed flying internationally, I didn't feel nearly as claustraphobic as I would on AA(American Airline). Though I don't tend to drink much on flights, I decided to order a few beers to pass time and get a good enough buzz to sleep through most of the flight, I was told that AA charged for liquors and drinks but not JAL. Are alcoholic beverages compt'ed on most asian airlines?

Just thought I'd share my $0.02 on this subject.

I voted for Cathay, I fly frequently across the Pacific, almost always buisness class. 2 times Cathay has upgraded me to 1st class.....what a nice gift....

I am taking my Thai wife to BKK in April. We are booked on JAL (buisness), and it will be my 1st time in 15 years of flying this airline.

At least it has good comments from some of you.

Old wanderer if your flying JAL Business class you'll have the luxury of using their bucket style bed seats. Its very impressive. I was bumped up to Business Class on my return flight from BKK to Narita and slept like a baby in those seats. Only gripe I had and this is probably true with a lot of Asia airlines is that people have the tendency to take off their shoes. Its erks me sometimes when someone is within proximity to me and having his stinky feet crossed and near me. But I digress, JAL Business Class is one of the best experiences I've had a long time. Comparable to Virgin Airlines, they're top notch also minus the slightly older and less attractive stewardesses.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Im studying abroad in the fall and am trying to decide on an airline to fly.

First off money isnt an issue but it has to be economy (i got a grant for 1800 for economy)

Second im flying from the us and dont care if i have to fly a small airline to get to a big city like New york or chicago.

Heres the things i would love on my airline in order of importance

1. actually treats economy like customers

2. the tvs in the headrests

3. this is just dreaming, to be able to extend a layover for a day for only aroudn 100 more

4. Cute girls working

I dont care about long layovers or 3 or 4 layovers in one trip. i also dont care about airline miles.

So should i fly singapore, emirates or that eve green deluxe or somethign like that...Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Am I being too picky? My wife and I normally fly out to BKK three/four times a year, and have flown on many different carriers, despite the fact that it means losing out on the convenience stakes, flying from an airport less than thirty minutes away, cannot envisage flying KLM again!

Don't know about KLM, but their partner Air France has some serious issues to resolve, and maybe since the two joined Air France's art of nonchalance has become part of the training for KLM. They have one of the worst check in facilities I have experienced, (at CDG and others), and their flight attendants are filled with Gallic indifference, especially in economy. On Business they do display a touch of grace, but only fleetingly. In economy the glorious repast, (a white bread sandwich that you used to buy at Don Muang when you were really desparate), was served as one might throw a frisbee. But as a state airline, I suppose there is little incentive to change.

I'm a Platinum Elite with Northwest/KLM.

In 1997, Northwest was absolutely positively the worst airline flying to the Far East. Even no service would've been better than their service, both onboard and ground service. In 1998, it miraculously flip-flopped - suddenly, their service was amongst the best, never had a hassle with them since.

KLM, on the other hand, has taken over as one of the worst airlines in the world as far as ground service is concerned (in-flight they're actually pretty good). They are completely incompetent - don't give a crap if you're Elite or not - don't respond to emails, never give you responses to any complaints, legitimate or not, and in the UK, must be the only airline at any airport in the world which INSISTS that you have an outbound ticket from Thailand in case you are not allowed in - every other airline, even KLM at other airports outside the UK, will be perfectly content if you wave a credit card at them.

Today, if I have a choice, I refuse to fly KLM unless I have a guaranteed upgrade to business class (which is next to impossible for Elite NW frequent flyers because they are treated lower than KLM/AF's lowest membership class). I don't care if it costs more money to fly another airline - at least I don't have to worry about their idiot ground services teams.

If you are flying to/from Europe, and don't mind a stop, I highly recommend Emirates, Etihad, Qatar or Gulf Air. Not only are they a lot cheaper - they generally have the newest and best equipped aircraft, with crew that understands English. And if you should be so lucky as to fly Etihad's business class... it is better than any other airline's first class (with the possible exception of Virgin) - get this, current promotional price 7x,xxx baht round-trip plus taxes and surcharges (KLM could cost you 55K in economy before charges). And then there's Etihad's first class...

The next best would be Eva's Evergreen Deluxe.

If you are flying to/from the US, Singapore would be my first choice followed by EVA. I fly Northwest because I always get an upgrade and frankly NW would probably be my third choice even in economy. Avoid all airlines with "China" in their names or are Chinese based (yes, that includes China Airlines... my parents are Taiwanese and THEY refuse to fly China Airlines... and they're not even picky normally).

Well Air Canada definitely get my vote. It is always an interesting adventure and I like their business philosophy.

WE HAVE A MONOPOLY SO WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT. READ THE FINE PRINT; YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS AND WE DON'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING

I admire them for their frugality, we are always taught to save energy so turn down the thermostat (WAY DOWN) and then increase income by renting blankets.............adds profit!!

North Americans are generally overweight so they aid us in combating the bulge; if you fly and want to eat you have to buy the food for flights up to 5 hours in duration.

They do not discriminate against old, fishmongers as flight attendants, in fact they prefer them. They do discriminate against attractive pleasant FA. Similarly their complaint department discriminate against people who are thoughtful, attentive and work with you to reach a agreeable solution as that would take away from their profit.

Extremely frugal to add profit.............Strand people in Beijing for 2 days, AC32 on 6 January 2007, and don't give them their luggage and don't pay for anything you have to buy. Strand people in LA overnight, 26 Feb 2007, and don't pay for hotel (weather delays, not my fault).

Their Business Motto:

"WE'RE NOT HAPPY TIL YOU'RE NOT HAPPY"

:o

You want pretty women, buy a magazine at the airport. A flight attendant's job is to serve you dinner, explain why you can't put your loose bottles in the overhead compartment, and get your panicking butt off the aircraft in one piece should the worst happen and you react by screaming and curling up into a ball. :o

You want pretty women, buy a magazine at the airport. A flight attendant's job is to serve you dinner, explain why you can't put your loose bottles in the overhead compartment, and get your panicking butt off the aircraft in one piece should the worst happen and you react by screaming and curling up into a ball. :o

I'd also say it's an FA's job to try to make the customer's experience as enjoyable as possible. I personally don't care so much if the FAs are young pretty women or older women, but I've found that statistically you are much more likely to get a grumpy faced FA if she's older rather than younger. In fact I find it very rare to find a bright smiling face amongst the older FA crowd, be it on THAI, any asian carrier, or any other carrier. Older people just seem to be grumpier and don't smile as much. A bright smiling face goes a long way in diffusing potential problems and giving the passenger a more enjoyable experience. If I was running the airline, I'd fire all those old grumpy faced FAs (90% of the older FAs in my experience), as well as any younger grumpy faced FAs.

Anyways, it's a proven fact that "sex sells". It may not matter you, and it may not matter to me, but it certainly does matter to enough people. So it doesn't take any brilliant marketing expert to realize that using young beautiful FAs will result in more customers for the airline, just as young beautiful women work wonders for selling cars, beer, and all sorts of other merchandise.