Best Airline

lampard10

Which is the world's best airline  

696 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few years ago, without a doubt, I would have plumped for Emirates. But the last couple of years I feel that they have gone downhill rapidly. They are cramming more seats onto planes, the food is average at best and the stewardesses are no where near as attentive as they once were. I know there are always exceptions but I must have flown with them 20+ times in the last 2 years and if it wasn't for the airmiles I'd be flying Qatar or Singapore.

Any information on Indian Airlines Air India?

Flew London-Sydney with them once. Catalogue of woes - starting with the fact that the washrooms were unusable after about an hour out of LHR........... :o

At immigration in Sydney, the officer looked at me and said: "So tell me, Mr X - how was your flight with Air India?"

Am I being too picky? My wife and I normally fly out to BKK three/four times a year, and have flown on many different carriers, despite the fact that it means losing out on the convenience stakes, flying from an airport less than thirty minutes away, cannot envisage flying KLM again!

Copy of e-mail I recently sent to LKM:

I flew from BKK to AMS on 25-04-2005 and again on

09-05-2005, on both occassions was very disapointed to find that the

'breakfast' dish served up, appeared to be a left over from the evening meal

from either first or business class, consisting of what appeared to be egg

custard and cooked fruit. Without a doubt this was the worst standard of

food that I have ever experienced in forty years of flying, to experience it

once was bad enough, but twice was terrible.

Also, having booked in on the internet for my flight on 09-05-2005,

from the time that I put my own and my wife's (under weight) bags on the

scales to the time that we were given our boarding passes was over fifteen

minutes. People that were queuing for normal check in were processed quicker

than I was.

This is far from the service that I have grown to expect from KLM.

And their reply.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointing meal on-board our flight, I have

taken the liberty of forwarding a copy of your e-mail to our Catering

Department for consideration.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to convey your views for these

have been duly noted and I do hope that KLM Royal Dutch Airlines may welcome

you on board in more favourable circumstances

----------------------------

Eva air,imho evergreendeluxe is the only way to fly, worth the extra few pound for long haul.Thai airways would be my second choice.good luck

I agree wholeheartedly, certainly worth the extra for the service and space.

Also agree with all those who say that Singapore has the best looking stewardesses!!! :o

Emirates is THE WORST business class I have ever flown..FACT. If anyone disagree's I would say they haven't flown business class on many airlines.Its CRAP. The seats are barely bigger than economy, the recline is pathetic.The only good thing with Emirates is the service.

I didn´t vote for them but I do most of my flying with China Air, simply because they are cheapo and have a direct flight to BKK. Their Boeings are quite dodgy, but I don´t mind. Flying is like sitting in a bus. Can´t wait to leave the cattle hauling class seat.

Just don´t go to sleep before the trip and with the help of a few whiskey cola´s and a bit of luck you pass out for most of the time :o

Last trip was with Royal Jordanian. Not so bad, the staff was a mix of Jordanians, Thai, Turkish and Singapore girls, if you don´t mind the 5 hour stopover in Aman.....twice :D

Not to mention the double airport tax, yet I had little choice left in the high season between xmas and newyear. Next time China Airways again.

Wow I was going to book emirates b class syd -bkk for my next trip.

Are the seats worse than thai biz class?

No full sleeper??

I usualy fly BA .....Only for the sleeper seat...food and service is <deleted>.

Emirates is THE WORST business class I have ever flown..FACT. If anyone disagree's I would say they haven't flown business class on many airlines.Its CRAP. The seats are barely bigger than economy, the recline is pathetic.The only good thing with Emirates is the service.

Who voted for Q(u)antas? :D Ugliest and worst mannered old hags working the trolleys. Can't be fired because of the bullshit work place policies Australia maintains. Generally poor service from check in to arrival. Domestic is worse! :o

From an Aussie who voted for Singapore Air and flies alot with Thai.

Agreed The Qantas trolley dragons are right up there with those old Bullies on United International.

Horrible culture in that airline.

Mind you its driven by the CEO who is not a nice person.

Who voted for Q(u)antas?  :D Ugliest and worst mannered old hags working the trolleys. Can't be fired because of the bullshit work place policies Australia maintains. Generally poor service from check in to arrival. Domestic is worse! :o

Agreed The Qantas trolley dragons are right up there with those old Bullies on United International.

Who voted for Q(u)antas?  :D Ugliest and worst mannered old hags working the trolleys. Can't be fired because of the bullshit work place policies Australia maintains. Generally poor service from check in to arrival. Domestic is worse! :o

Most airlines have their fair share of aged fuglies on the job :D

Most airlines have their fair share of aged fuglies on the job :D

I think that SQ give them the boot when they turn either 26 or 28.What a great attitude :D

I agree, Quantas hires hasbeens with very loud voices. I only had a smoke in the loo :D

Singapore for me - simply the best!

No vote for ANA? :o

Once I flew ANA business class from Tokyo.

It was a morning flight, not wanting to take the morning rush hour Tokyo train with big suitcases to get to the airport, I have checked in at the ANA hotel near Narita airport the night before. The next morning, about 3 hours before the flight, I checked out of the hotel and headed to the airport by the free shuttle bus provided by the hotel. While checking in for the flight, I noticed my security cable lock with alarm is missing, probably left in the shuttle bus. It wasn't an expensive stuff (about B1,500), and because I wanted some times to relax in the business class lounge and didn't want all the hassle trying to make every effort to recover the lost item, I was willing to abondon it. Nonetheless, I told the lady at the check-in counter what I left in the shuttle bus and asked her if she could help find and keep it for me and send it to BKK if possible, not quite expecting it to happen. If I'm lucky, I'll get a call from ANA in BKK and will have to go pick it up at Don Muang, I thought.

To my surprise, minutes before the aircraft's doors closed, a flight attendant has brought and handed me the lost security lock. You can imagine how many hands it has passed, as I'm pretty sure it was not the flight attendant who brought it all the way from the check-in counter, as they were supposed to be boarding the aircraft before the passengers. I was quite impressed with beautifully coordinated teamwork of Japanese staffs and how much attention/determination they have given in trying to recover the lost item and make sure it gets to my hand. Or is it because I was a business class passenger? Had it happened in Thailand, I'm not so sure if the message ever got to the shuttle bus driver.

and still no votes for the candians and yanks, thats got to show yah :o

On my last flight, I went Toronto- Vancouver-HKK on Air Canada. It was two hours late on takeoff, the plane was freezing cold (no blankets), the food was indifferent and the cabin crew all but invisible (at least on the first leg). So, no, Air Canada doesn't get my vote.

But I flew Thai from HKK to Thailand, and was VERY impressed. The food was good, the service great. I was very happy indeed with that part of the flight

and still no votes for the candians and yanks, thats got to show yah :o

On my last flight, I went Toronto- Vancouver-HKK on Air Canada.  It was two hours late on takeoff, the plane was freezing cold (no blankets), the food was indifferent and the cabin crew all but invisible (at least on the first leg).  So, no, Air Canada doesn't get my vote.

But I flew Thai from HKK to Thailand, and was VERY impressed.  The food was good, the service great.  I was very happy indeed with that part of the flight

I must agree I loved Thai Air when I was single,then I stumbled across Eva, after hearing so many good things about them. And it's true they are good. I have suggested to my better half that we try Thai again, but she absolutely refuses, because of what she says is the animosity shown to Thai Lady passengers by the Cabin staff. I guess this is true because it seems wherever you go in the world,a Thai girl has her daggers drawn at the mere scent of another Thai lady. Jeez I know running a Thai shop in UK, and watching the Thais come in at different times of the day,or crossing the road when they see another Thai in the shop.

I don't see any mention (not even in the poll form) of Qatar. When I came over earlier this year, I got a damned good deal via a booking agency (320 pounds plus tax).

Was prepared for the worst but one of the most pleasent flights (all 4 legs) I've experienced.

State of the art airbus planes with interactive entertainment centres, food was very good and the staff couldn't be faulted.

The only drawback was on the return leg with a 7 hour stopover at Doha (not the nicest of airports) but, then again, I had a raging cold by then and probably a five star hotel would have been a trial.

I'll be over again in August and will certainly aim to come with Qatar again if I can.

:o

I normally use Biman Bangledesh very cheap business class 540quid return open ended for one year. I did use Ethiad last time i flew also very good in economy 40 people only on the flight back whee hee 5 seats to myself

• 4 months later...

I came over here to live in August and the best deal I could get was with Etihad airlines.

Flight from London to Abu Dhabi not bad but at Abu, the plane developed a fault and we were stuck there for hours (OK, it happens, I know).

But things went downhill from there. From Abu to Bkk probably 95% of the passengers were Arab - and didn't we know it! They were rude, loud and treated us non-arabs like crap.

One couple tried to turf me out of my window-seat (which I'd specifically booked) and got ratty when I wouldn't move. They complained to a stewardess who got sniffy because I refused to move.

Eventually, I had some guy sitting next to me who kept trying to shut my window blind (it was daytime) and kept sticking his bare feet just a few inches from my face.

I couldn't get off the damned plane quick enough.

:o

• 1 month later...

Just flew Lufthansa economy class to Germany. The most expensive and worst flight I ever had, never been squeezed that much before, not even on 1-2-Go. Couldn't sit straight even when the back rests were up in landing position. Staff was friendly, though and food ok, but the seats...never again!

UAL's not bad once they ditch the yank flight attendents - Asian flight attendents are normally god sends.

Never forget instead of me and my mates getting cut off for having a good session we got this from the flight attendents - "have to be careful get more drunk at high altitudes, please have bottle of water in addition to your Chivas. (granted we weren't all that legless - we just saved a mini every other drink) By the end, must have had 40 mini(s) in a bag. I must admit I love traveling w/mates - makes long flights go ever so quickly.