Best Airline

lampard10

Which is the world's best airline  

696 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interesting to see Thai coming 3rd. Must depend on the route. We went to Perth Australia with them. Only food cold sandwich. Only way to get a drink walk down the back & wake them up. No movie. Crap plane crap everything.

I agree. Just done a return trip BKK/SINGAPORE. Business Class 20K

Pathetic, there is just no way that this could be construed as 'Business Class'

Crap food, crap plane,crap entertainment,crappy seats.

Far better is Finn Air or Swiss Air. However in my opinion for anyone going to Singapore, I would recommend Business Class by Cathay Pacific. Less than 12K return.

Anyone travelling Thai Airways Business Class must either have to fly in/out at certain times else they are not aware of how better and cheaper these other airlines are,

Rant over :o

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a silver card for both Thai and Eva, but as i hadn't used Thai for about two years

i thought i would give them another go.I always travel cattle class. As soon as i got inside the plane, i knew i had made a mistake.The cabin looked and felt dated, no seat back TV, and seats nowhere near as good as Eva.

So i'm afraid it's goodbye Thai Airways, it's Eva from now on.

I've also used Etihad and they were very good, But i prefere a direct flight.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeti Air - just for the name. Trying to picture a flying yeti... :o

I nominate NWA for the worst airline - even by American standards. If you must fly with an American airline, Continental is the best for long-haul. They're the only airline that fly non-stop from NYC(Newark) to Hawaii.

I voted for Singapore - and I'm a straight female so the pulchritude of the flight attendants doesn't matter to me - If the flight is on time I dont care if the cabin crew actually are yetis as long as they are friendly, efficient and I get my Indian veggie meal while it is still hot... :D

In '05 I flew Air China(the PRC national carrier, not to be confused with China Air) - if you are flying a short flight, say Chengdu to Lhasa, it's bearable, but my flight from Beijing to JFK was an 13-hour long exercise in torture - cramped seating, no seatback entertainment, cheesy HK action flicks, and each row seemed to contain at least one squirming, screaming child under the age of 8. About the only thing I could say was the food wasn't bad.

I flew with Gulf Air last year and was pleasantly surprised. My AA flight out of JFK to LHR was delayed 45 minutes and I arrived at LHR 30 minutes before my connecting flight was scheduled to take off - still, they hustled me onto the plane. Service was good, food was delicious, and the flight attendants wore pretty blue modernized hijab. I signed up for their FF program, would definitely fly with them again.

In 2 months I will be flying Thai for the first time(JFK-BKK-KTM) - I will get to see if it lives up to its reputation. I was happy they didn't charge any extra for an extended layover in BKK on my way back to JFK.

The best way to recognize a good airline is to check the take-offs and landings. Should be roughly the number. :o

A few years ago I would have voted for Swissair, but the management ruined it. So my vote goes to Singapore Airline. Not only the cabins and the flight attendants, but also the ground staff and the check-in. First Class even in Economy.

• 2 weeks later...
The one with the prettiest and most gracious flight attendants-Singapore Air!

.... and don't forget the convenience of internet checkin and seating allocation, generosity with beverages, modern aircraft and decent entertainment.

Has the been a post to vote for the worst? If not - I'd like to nominate KLM for its outdated aircraft, crappy entertainment (the old Jumbos with one central VDO screen per section) and 3 hours waiting for a bourbon to finally get a scotch !!!!

• 2 years later...
Best experience for me is Virgin Atlantic.

Emirates, had me remove items from my luggage on last journey to LOS because i was 4 kgs over :)

Never again.

same for me,from los,and i was only 2 kgs over on my and missus carry on bags. think twice next time about using them.