How Many Years In Prison Does Thaksin Deserve?

Jingthing

How many years in prison does Thaksin deserve?  

199 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did'nt he also introduce the Sky Train to BKK.

I use it and I bet all of you on here have as well.

He didn't 'introduce' anything, it was in operation before he was in office.

He did do his best to delay and halt all skytrain expansions as punishment for Bangkokians not voting for him, as the Skytrain is owned by a company allied with the Democrats. If not for Thaksin public transport in Bangkok would be better than it is today.

they tried and tried and tried and couldn't pin anything of much on him. (the generals HAD to get some type of conviction to SAVE FACE otherwise their little coup would have looked very silly indeed).

so he helped his wife buy some land. big deal.

yeh lets crucify him, arghhhhh :)

I think his actions in leading the failed black Songkran revolution are rather serious, in fact, in most countries they would be labeled with the T word ...

Forgot about that already. Sending his family out of the country the day before his goons try to blow up Bangkok with gastankers. Great strategy! And appearing on bbc and cnn and blaming the police and army for "killing dozens of innocent civilians". Btw, are the reds still looking for those 'missing' bodies?

Can I change from lifetime to multiple lifetimes?

they tried and tried and tried and couldn't pin anything of much on him. (the generals HAD to get some type of conviction to SAVE FACE otherwise their little coup would have looked very silly indeed).

so he helped his wife buy some land. big deal.

yeh lets crucify him, arghhhhh :)

And K. Samak went down over a TV cooking show.

Thaksin's politics are a joke. Yes, he is able to give people a delusion of a decent leader but isn't that what populism is all about? He never really understood what is good for the country and the people of Thailand, instead, it is merely his own battle to become new Mao or something. Can't blame his supporters for being stupid.. there are still people who think even Saddam or Stalin was a nice guy.

Was that too much?

we have a clear majority on the first option, 17 voters think 0 years. and rightly so i might add

That is a blatant DISTORTION, typical of a Thaksin groupie. Actually, it is now 50 - 50, those wanting some or lots of prison vs. those wanting no prison. Now I see how the red thugs got the 6 million signatures figure with your kind of logic, oh so sorry, we meant 6 thousand.

Wait a day or two, I bet you dollars to donuts the majority will want some years in prison for the disgraced fugitive. It is heart warming that so many of you are so forgiving of the convicted criminal. He wasn't so merciful to the thousands of Thais murdered during his regime in extra-judicial killings ...

Edited by Jingthing

Jingthing, It is also nice to see you use the results to suit your views, nothing biased here lads, move along.

You clearly state in your posts you think there are three groups, people who want no punishment, people who want little punishment and people who want lots of punishment, yet you goup the people who want little and lots of punishment together against the people who want no punishment when complaining about other people distorting the facts.

If this was your agenda, why didn't you just make a poll with three options, want punishment, don't want punishment and don't care? It's either one extreme or the other with you.

Y'all can spin the results to your heart's content. Its all there in black and white. To posit that most people want him to go scott free when the majority wants at least some prison is simply a lie.

Edited by Jingthing

None.

He led by example and helped the poor. What other Thai Prime Minister has rolled up his sleeves at 0700 in the morning and gone to work in Isaan fields day after day? He actually acknowledged the poor, when you consider Thai culture what he did was ground breaking.

Y'all can spin the results to your heart's content. Its all there in black and white. To posit that most people want him to go scott free when the majority wants at least some prison is simply a lie.

Now now Jingthing, you are just haverin!! in any poll the winner is the one with the most votes........oh but then again - this is Thailand!! :)

Now now Jingthing, you are just haverin!! in any poll the winner is the one with the most votes........oh but then again - this is Thailand!! :)

That is ridiculous. The vast majority want some or LOTS of prison time. People who can do basic thinking can see that result. I suppose many Thaksin supporters don't have that facility. You are simply twisting the DESIGN of the poll to make up a reality that does not exist.

For those who love the criminal, I am sorry, but the majority of us see him for what he is.

Edited by Jingthing

Ex-pm, now disgraced fugitive Thaksin is facing prison time back in Thailand. However, he has not faced trial for all the charges against him. If YOU could decide, how many years in prison, if any, do you think he deserves?

Not any longer a prison term than any of the other corrupt powers that be now running the country.

That is ridiculous. The vast majority want some or LOTS of prison time. People who can do basic thinking can see that result. I suppose many Thaksin supporters don't have that facility. You are simply twisting the DESIGN of the poll to make up a reality that does not exist.

For those who love the criminal, I am sorry, but the majority of us see him for what he is.

The coalition of the somes is beating the nones!

What other Thai Prime Minister has rolled up his sleeves at 0700 in the morning and gone to work in Isaan fields day after day?

:)

Yeah, Thaksin was out there in the fields planting rice 12 hours a day every day, while his daughter was working at McDonalds. Unbelievable.

What other Thai Prime Minister has rolled up his sleeves at 0700 in the morning and gone to work in Isaan fields day after day?

Yeah, Thaksin was out there in the fields planting rice 12 hours a day every day, while his daughter was working at McDonalds. Unbelievable.

Unbelievable but true.

Unbelievable but true.

Exactly what dimension are you living in?

Thanks Jingthing interesting post. So far I make it more than 60% want 10 years or more.

Any more spin out there? :)

Sure. Those wanting no time and those want life sentences or multiple life sentences TIED.

The most surprising thing about the results (I was always sure most would want some prison time) is that so many want SO MUCH TIME. I would have thought the majority would think 2 to 5 years OK.

Edited by Jingthing