Doing Retirement Extensions Last Minute

OK, this is a basic question. I should know the answer, and I think I do, but I want to confirm it.

I have always been an early bird for my extension applications, coming in about a month's out from the permission to stay expiration date.

There is no rule that says you can't show up last minute, is there?

For example, if your permission to stay is 15 September, technically you can make the application 15 September?

Now I am not actually planning to come in the same day as the expiration, but that is the basic question, as I do plan to come in just a few days before my next expiration.

Yes, I know going in earlier is always advisable, but this time for reasons that are off topic to this question, I simply cannot.

BTW, I use Pattaya immigration ...

Edited by Jingthing

If it's within the envelope per dates I can't see there should be any problem.

I too like the early renewal, but remember last March that ThaLi won't do it unless it's definitely within the last 30 days.

Anyway we from Chaiyaphum are being transferred to the new Khon Kaen office as soon as it's ready, so new rules again I guess.

Yes. Can leave it to the last day if you want. Just make sure everything is in order.

Because Pattaya Immigration requires that you come back the next afternoon to pick up your passport (and optionally purchase a re-entry permit), it would seem advisable to apply at least one day before the Permitted date. Perhaps not 100% required, but advisable.

Thanks for the replies. The absolute last day part of the question was kind of an academic question and doing so would really be living on the edge for us retired type oldies.

The bigger question was is it OK in the last few days or last week. Sounds like it is indeed OK.

(There is that change of visa status procedure (such as converting a tourist visa to an O visa) where you must have at least 21 days left in your permission to stay so it is not unheard of to be too late to do a procedure even when within your current permission to stay.)

Edited by Jingthing

One year I mis-remembered my extension date and had to pay an overstay fine for two days. i.e. My retirement extension expired, I went to Immigrations two days later, and still was able to apply for a new one-year extension.

Boy, was I nervous going to Immigrations that time, but thanks to the reassurances I got here on thaivisa.com I was relatively sure I would not end up in IDC.

So, applying for an extension on the last day should be a piece of cake.

Other than bank wait there is normally no reason to do on last day as extension starts at end of current permitted to stay - much better to do several weeks early in case you get the flu, or such.

In my case its a money seasoning issue. I have to wait 3 months for my money to acquire a delicious taste ...