Boats Owner Advice Needed.

Mike564

Going to purchase the 29 feet cruising power boat ,And would like to know is it possible to sleep in cabin without air condition?

I found the great boat but without A/C,so now I doubt.

There is many windows in cabin.

I think in the night time maybe ok, but in day time it seems will be impossible?

If somebody have experience please advice.

Going to purchase the 29 feet cruising power boat ,And would like to know is it possible to sleep in cabin without air condition?

I found the great boat but without A/C,so now I doubt.

There is many windows in cabin.

I think in the night time maybe ok, but in day time it seems will be impossible?

If somebody have experience please advice.

Tinting windows might help but if you plan to spend a good amount of time on boat you should have AC. This is an option that can be installed after you buy the boat. I live on boat in USA 5 months a year (use AC every night) and live in Thailand rest of year.

I personally, don't like AC too.

And like fresh air.

But i am worry if in the day time inside the cabin maybe too hot and not possible relax inside. The same like in the car or it will be the same effect like in the shadow if I open the door and windows will be draught and not a problem?

Interesting to hear the opinion of people who have cruising boat with cabin without A/C

I personally, don't like AC too.

And like fresh air.

But i am worry if in the day time inside the cabin maybe too hot and not possible relax inside. The same like in the car or it will be the same effect like in the shadow if I open the door and windows will be draught and not a problem?

Interesting to hear the opinion of people who have cruising boat with cabin without A/C

i have slept on and off boats in thailand for many years, air is not the way to go.

Unless you can afford a big boat with a wisper genset that is.

Air con needs a lot of power and that comes from the engine so if you want to run the engine while sleeping if you can then it's just not an option on a 29 foot boat.

The best option is a 1/2 bottle of rum and lots of fans and keep the hatches open when it is not raining

In the day time cool off in the sea

I planning to use the generator,in the night time I suppose it will be fine, I am worry only about a day time.

i have slept on and off boats in thailand for many years, air is not the way to go.

Unless you can afford a big boat with a wisper genset that is.

Air con needs a lot of power and that comes from the engine so if you want to run the engine while sleeping if you can then it's just not an option on a 29 foot boat.

The best option is a 1/2 bottle of rum and lots of fans and keep the hatches open when it is not raining

In the day time cool off in the sea

I planning to use the generator,in the night time I suppose it will be fine, I am worry only about a day time.

On a 29 foot boat you won't be able to sleep with a gen running without the before mentioned assistance, in the day time then the engine can power air but a 29 foot motor boat is a day boat so just go for a burn make sure it has a good sun shade bimini in boat talk and get back to the marina in time for happy hour.

I lived on a 29 foot sailboat for 8 years in Mexico. I choose not to have AC. It is just something else that can go wrong and it also needs a power supply. I believed in the KISS principle and never missed AC in spite of hot summer weather in Mexico....If it gets to hot I could always jump overboard in some very comfortable water!

We have 26 ft boat and sleep (2-3 nights/weekend) without AC.

It was a bit stuffy first but after we installed a fan - it is absolutely fine (and fans are quiet compare to a genny).

Suggest you try with a fan first - quick and much cheaper option to try. If you do find it unbearable without AC, probably you need a bigger boat, with AC ;-)