Visa Extension Advice Please

I have just had confirmation at my annual medical that I have a partially collapsed lung problem; this makes me even more wary about contracting the H1N1 virus myself in addition to passing it on the my pregnant fiancée. My non-O one year multi visa expired in July and I am currently on a 90 day which commenced June 20th and expires Sept 17th. I have no desire to expose myself to two busy airports in Bangkok and Heathrow plus 14 hours confined with maybe 300 others and a recirculating air con system. What are my chances or getting an extension for maybe 60 days until after the new vaccine becomes available -- predicted as October/November? In my circumstances can I get two contiguous 30 day tourist visas via Mai Sai or maybe one 60 day visa via Ventiane?

Any knowledgeable advice would be so much appreciated

Vientienne will issue a Double Entry Tourist Visa free of charge. This would give almost 6 months with extensions and a border run in the middle.

You will not be able to extend your current permission to stay. You need to get a Visa.

Also exit/enter by land without a Visa will only give 15 days.

Vientienne will issue a Double Entry Tourist Visa free of charge. This would give almost 6 months with extensions and a border run in the middle.

You will not be able to extend your current permission to stay. You need to get a Visa.

Also exit/enter by land without a Visa will only give 15 days.

Thanks for that Lite Beer

Just to be sure I understand: my current one year visa is RIP but if I go to Vientienne before the 17th Sept they will issue me with a "Double Entry Tourist Visa free of charge". I can then put off my return to the UK for a new one year visa for up to 60 days. Right?

A two entry visa would cover 120 days with one exit/return or 180 days if you also extend each entry for 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht.

You do have to make your second entry during the 90 days that the visa is valid for use so be aware of that if you extend.

Edited by lopburi3

A two entry visa would cover 120 days with one exit/return or 180 days if you also extend each entry for 30 days at immigration for 1,900 baht.

You do have to make your second entry during the 90 days that the visa is valid for use so be aware of that if you extend.

Thanks lopburi3 --- if I go to Viang Chan with a 'visa run' company they will know the form but if we travel independently is there any special procedure to getting the two entry as against the standard tourist visa? Just ask for it?

I can do the 60/90 day run to get the full period via Mai Sai?

In Vientiane they have a place to tic - most forms just have a place to tic the type of visa and you enter 2x there (or multi if for multi non immigrant visa). Also good to say two entry when you hand it over and they will double check so no mistake is made.

In Vientiane they have a place to tic - most forms just have a place to tic the type of visa and you enter 2x there (or multi if for multi non immigrant visa). Also good to say two entry when you hand it over and they will double check so no mistake is made.

Thanks for your time -- appreciate it