Advice Needed From Parents

phazey

Hi,

A few months ago, my wife went to a "baby fare" along with my son. A few Advertising "talent spotters" took a few photos of the boy and then some personal details etc.

At the begining of the week, some people phoned up, asking if they could come around to take some more photo's of the little fella, as part of an audition for a television advertisement (which the missus agreed to). Has anyone else been down this road - anything i should be wary of ?

Thanks

I'm assuming your little guy is half Thai, half farang?

Very popular on Thai Tv, adverts and what not.

I'm sure you've checked they are who they say they are, so I think it's cool!

Bit of extra cash and you can tell him he was famous when he's older!

My hubby says when we have a kid, he/she'll be a movie star here!

I did some auditions for extra work over here before and saw them shooting an advert for baby powder, the kid just got to play with toys, they snapped thier fingers to make him look where they wanted, he seemed to enjoy all the attention!

Correct Shalo.

My wife is pretty keen for this, as the same happened to her about a year before we met. Approached out of the blue at MBK, head next day to the studio - 8 hours taking pictures, 20,000 baht and thanks very much. Alough she was weary of the photographer (a katoey) seeing her in underwear, she took her mum with her so all was well. Ended up in some large department stores catalogue. If she's happy with the whole thing then we'll see how it goes i guess.

my daughter did a photo shoot rak luk magazine when she was about 1 year old, got paid 3,000 baht for 2 hours work, it was fun time for all, the magazine called again to do some more shoots, but we had moved to phuket and they were no longer interested after that, as long as its a real company should be no problem

There's no reason to become suspicious automatically here, at least no more than you are with the rest of everyday life in Thailand. We had approaches to do photo shoots and television commercials a number of times when our youngest son was very small, but just didn't want to do it. This really isn't unusual.

Hi,

A few months ago, my wife went to a "baby fare" along with my son. A few Advertising "talent spotters" took a few photos of the boy and then some personal details etc.

At the begining of the week, some people phoned up, asking if they could come around to take some more photo's of the little fella, as part of an audition for a television advertisement (which the missus agreed to). Has anyone else been down this road - anything i should be wary of ?

Thanks

I think this is the norm over here.

My son (luk kreung) is almost 4. We were approached in Macdonalds by a woman who wanted to take photos of him, as she was a kind of talent scout.

I agreed and took him to her office/home. Did a photo shoot and we get calls every few weeks for him to go for auditions mostly for advertising products