What Will You Do On Mother'day?

visible

On mother'day will be come on 12 August. What will you do on that day. For me I will bow to my mother and receive my mother blessing.

Who ran to help me when I fell,

And would some pretty story tell,

Or kiss the place to make it well?

My Mother.

(Tayler)

134017138.jpg

Edited by visible

My mother passed on many years ago, but I don't need a special day to remember her :-)

My MIL is alive and kicking, though. We'll go to her village, pay our respects, and give her a small gift. Then to the Temple, no doubt. Should be a peaceful day except for the driving :)

Call her and wish her the best...on second Sunday in May.

Around the world Mother's Day will be celebrated on many different dates. Thailand is the only country worldwide celebrating Mother's day on 12 of August (birthday of Queen Sirikit).

:)

On mother'day will be come on 12 August. What will you do on that day.

My wife and I decided that instead of taking my MIL out to dinner, we would (with help) cook up food at the MIL's house and invite the rest of the MIL's circle of friends over. They are all mothers in their 70s & 80s whose grown up kids do nothing on mother's day. They are all quite poor, so they have a great time sitting around gossiping while eating some good food they don't get to eat very often. They will come and go and spend the whole day at it. A great break in their routine.

On mother'day will be come on 12 August. What will you do on that day. For me I will bow to my mother and receive my mother blessing.

My Mother.

(Tayler)

134017138.jpg

If you are really thai, you should first of all bow to HM the Queen Sirikit, for this first of all, is her birthday and she is the mother of this wonderful country. But might it be that a red shirt like you have a hidden agenda? National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship, what an interesting name, thank God, and thank HM, this country is called Kingdom of Thailand and not Republic!!!

Long live Somdet Phra Nang Chao Sirikit Phra Borommarachininat !!!

You are more than welcome to have the above discussion with my Thai wife, I trust you have ample medical insurance.

Sorry to say nothing , I don't like my Mother and never have since i was 4 years old,yes she is my biological mother but it ends there. I respect her as an old lady as i would any other old person, This is not a wind up or a flame, I wounder if anyone else feels like i do . Its sad when Mothers day comes round or birthdays because i don't send any , and before any one says why , because i never have, and i have never received any from my parent, I have tried but when i go to buy one , all you can get is mummy or to a wonderfully mother, my mother has never been a mother to me, So sad i know but true , Sorry in advance

My Mother.

(Tayler)

134017138.jpg

If you are really thai, you should first of all bow to HM the Queen Sirikit, for this first of all, is her birthday and she is the mother of this wonderful country. But might it be that a red shirt like you have a hidden agenda? National United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship, what an interesting name, thank God, and thank HM, this country is called Kingdom of Thailand and not Republic!!!

Long live Somdet Phra Nang Chao Sirikit Phra Borommarachininat !!!

Try taking a couple of chill pills. It's Mothers Day being discussed not "character assination" day options.

Sorry to say nothing , I don't like my Mother and never have since i was 4 years old,yes she is my biological mother but it ends there. I respect her as an old lady as i would any other old person, This is not a wind up or a flame, I wounder if anyone else feels like i do . Its sad when Mothers day comes round or birthdays because i don't send any , and before any one says why , because i never have, and i have never received any from my parent, I have tried but when i go to buy one , all you can get is mummy or to a wonderfully mother, my mother has never been a mother to me, So sad i know but true , Sorry in advance

Your story is sad, but you are not the only one.

There are a lot of people the same in the world.

I will sleep.

When in Thailand do as the Thai people do... :)

Seriously though I already celebrated Mother's Day for my mum (I am british) and I do not really know my girlfriend's mum that well.

I hope everyone has a nice day tomorrow though :D

Ian

Edited by ianwuk