Good Hotels To Stay In Vietianne

springer64

Can anyone recommend good hotels in Vietianne, centrally located, clean,safe,not to expensive on a budget, no more than 1,000 baht prpn myself and my wife from udon,thanking you

this is near chinatown, on the fringe but within reach of main tourist fountain circle, one street from the riverfront:

Anou Paradise Hotel 800 bht, clean sheets/towels, free internet in the lobby, no back packers ...

no need to book - just show up

http://anouparadise.com/index.php

swedish bake house round the corner serving great coffee/pizzas, lots of restaurants and noodle shops nearby,

great Peking Duck place right opposite, its not the main road so no traffic jams/noise.

There's a new one on Chou Anou called Lao Orchid, but they're usually full up, maybe you're lucky.

... dont buy at duty free - everything in town is the same price and fresher stocks, wine cheese ciggies etc.

and stick to customs limitation, as they're busting people !!

Can anyone recommend good hotels in Vietianne, centrally located, clean,safe,not to expensive on a budget, no more than 1,000 baht prpn myself and my wife from udon,thanking you

We usually stay at the Mali Namphu GH right there at The Fountain, the Nam Phu.

http://malinamphu.com/MSindex.htm

About $22-$25 last month, including a "breakfast" of sorts. Be SURE to email ahead of time for reservations as they're often full. Also request a room on the 1st or 2nd floors. No lift, so 3rd & 4th are beyond me.

Right around the corner, tho, is the Khop Chai Deu restaurant that now has a good breakfast starting at 0730 hrs.

Mac