Indian Food Update

Greenside

Since things change so quickly around here I thought I'd give this place a mention on its own rather than revive an old thread. It's a tiny (four or five tables) hole in the wall place just about 10 metres on the left as you enter soi 5 off Ratchamanden Road - that's the next soi on the right after you pass AUA walking into town from Thapae Gate. No place for a romantic meal out and I've only eaten there once for lunch but the Butter Chicken, saffron rice and naan were all very good and the prices reasonable too. I think if I'd have had just the main dish with plain rice it would have been 100 baht. Based on this limited experience I'll be back to try some of the other dishes.

The owner told me he was a cook in BKK for ten years and that this business used to be in soi 1 off the Night Market but the location didn't work out. Maybe a good addition to the Meals on Wheels repertoire if they are consistant? It's called Delhi Darbar and is open to 11.30pm.

Namaste, Khun Greenside, Aap ki tub yet ahchaa hain ?

Dhaniawaad for the information ! Did you happen to notice if the menu included saag paneer ?

best, ~o:37;

You guys are losing me :)

Their number is 0846 486 925 and at least one of the owners has great English so you can call and ask. I ordered a Peshwari Naan which wasn't on the menu and he did one for me (a bit too sweet but I'm assured he'll get it right next time) so if you talk to him in advance you may be in luck. Saag dishes are high on my list of favourites too.

Edited by Greenside

At the far west end of the Chiang Mai gate market, there is now an excellent Muslam vendor. There selection is limited but it is very good and 30b for most things including Khao Mot Gai (yellow chicken on yellow rice with mint sauce). The also have ox tail soup which is also really good. We used to make our way out to a little soi in Nong Hoi to a Indian place so we were very happy to see that the same restaurant has opened this cart in Chiang Mai gate market. They set up in front of the Kasikorn Bank.

• 2 weeks later...
We tried the Indian place next door (?) to On the Road books on Ratvithi..food was great, decor utilitarian...They also do a veg Thali at lunch apparently

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what exactly is a cuntfreer?

My mistake.

Reason for edit - I found my glasses.

PS - I just noticed my name appeared on 6 posts in the top ten. That's sad. I'm going out before I end up like Peaceblondie (he hasn't even got time to get his hair cut!!!).

Edited by KevinHunt