Drug Use In Los

meom

Most of you have probably read about the Australian that was sentenced to life after getting caught with 3 kg heroin strapped to his body.

The Thai Narcotics Law (copy here http://www1.oncb.go.th/document/Narcotics%...2%20p10-40.pdf) is quite clear on this since it states “Section 65 Any person who produces, imports or exports the narcotics of category I in violation of section 15, shall be liable to imprisonment for life (and to a fine of 1 million to five million baht).

Where it gets less clear is regarding consumption of small let’s say recreational quantities of drugs like cocaine, yaba, ice, e etc..

The way I understand it there’s something like a minimum quantity (3 gram for heroin and 1.5 gram for amphetamines for example) that determines whether section 65 will be applicable or not.

If you get caught with less than the minimum quantity penalties vary from 1-10 years in prison or a fine of 20 thou – 200 thou.

So my obvious question is what happens if you fail a piss test, get caught with an e tablet, weed or some ice for that matter?

I normally stick to beer but have been in several occasions where local girls offered some to me while we were getting it on so what are the risks?

"recreational quantity" !! I think it's just "personal abuse quantity".

If you possess less than the said amount it's the "possession" offence. More than that and it's "possession for the purpose of disposal" AUTOMATICALLY.

However, if you are arrested on the act of selling it, any amount is liable for "possession for the purpose of disposal".

There are different penalty for different offences and different kinds of drug ie. heroin and Yaba are in the same class while cannabis is on the other.

"recreational quantity" !! I think it's just "personal abuse quantity".

That depends from how high you fall I guess :)

Anyway thanks for your reply.

I understand the difference between possession and possession to dispose but what strikes me as odd is the huge variation in the penalty for possession of class I narcotics. 1-10 years in prison or a fine of 20-200thou leaves the judge with a lot of leeway so to speak to differentiate between a quantity which would be less than 3 gram.

...but what strikes me as odd is the huge variation in the penalty for possession of class I narcotics. 1-10 years in prison or a fine of 20-200thou leaves the judge with a lot of leeway so to speak to differentiate between a quantity which would be less than 3 gram.

This is probably a good thing, in general. This gives the judge ample room to consider mitigating circumstances, number of prior offenses, etc. It certainly beats the mandatory minimum laws in the US.

...and the illegal drug is the pure substance.

ie. Offenders who possess 1 kg of 50% pure heroin (class 1) is charged with possession (for whatever) of 500 g. of drug class 1.

Somehow I think this will never happen, here or anywhere else for that matter.

Maybe for smaller quantities. In this example it does not matter since anything over 3 gram is considered trafficking (possession to dispose) with a life sentence (or death sometimes).

Go to Cambodia, expats smoking weed at a bar just off the river, no concern at all

Weed stays in your body for about a month, something to do with it lingering in fat deposits, whereas smack, coke and e's are only in the system for a few days.

Does this mean if one were to get urine tested they could get charged for something that they took outside of Thailand?

Go to Cambodia, expats smoking weed at a bar just off the river, no concern at all

Weed stays in your body for about a month, something to do with it lingering in fat deposits, whereas smack, coke and e's are only in the system for a few days.

Does this mean if one were to get urine tested they could get charged for something that they took outside of Thailand?

Good question. It would show in your passport but you would probably have to fight it. I dont know Im not into it and wouldn't risk deportation for 1 night of fun

Hello, the drugs are illegal so do not use them. How do you know it is not a set up so the police can arrest you to so you can pay a fine on the spot, or maybe the BIB want a promotion so a farang arrest is a high profile case. You can have a good time in Thailand without the risk of prison and/or a loss of funds. Cheers.

...but what strikes me as odd is the huge variation in the penalty for possession of class I narcotics. 1-10 years in prison or a fine of 20-200thou leaves the judge with a lot of leeway so to speak to differentiate between a quantity which would be less than 3 gram.

This is probably a good thing, in general. This gives the judge ample room to consider mitigating circumstances, number of prior offenses, etc. It certainly beats the mandatory minimum laws in the US.

And that's normally what will happen. The judge has ample leeway to consider what course of punishment to take.

Thai prisons are full to capacity currently and for small possession the judge will usually hand out a fine and probation.

Since the Thai legal system has yet to get on board the computer gravy train, past offenses are rarely known and probation is nothing more than don't get into any more trouble within the provience you were convicted in.

( as per my uncle who is the lead prosecutor for the ONCB, Office of the Narcotic Control Board. )

I have been growing 'Grass' for nearly 3 years and no one has caught me yet. I nurture it on a daily basis, making sure its well watered and fed , theres enough heat from the sun so no artificial light or heat is need , which is good but the problem is I havent managed to work out how to smoke the stuff. Every time I try , the Turf makes the paper wet. :)

How very civilized!

I still stay that a horrible substance like alcohol with all the health, social, and financial problems it brings being legal and weed being illegal is absolutely absurd. Those who jump on here saying things like, "It's illegal and you're stupid to it." are likely the same ones that go out and abuse their liver by drinking large quantities of booze, then jump into their car to go home where they beat the wife in an inebriated stupor.

If people really understood that the laws regarding weed were pushed through for reasons of business greed, perhaps they'd give up their brainwashed view of the topic -- one that is purely a matter of very efficient indoctrination.

If people really understood that the laws regarding weed were pushed through for reasons of business greed, perhaps they'd give up their brainwashed view of the topic -- one that is purely a matter of very efficient indoctrination.

Indeed:

* All schoolbooks were made from hemp or flax paper until the 1880s; Hemp Paper Reconsidered, Jack Frazier, 1974.

* It was LEGAL TO PAY TAXES WITH HEMP in America from 1631 until the early 1800s; LA Times, Aug. 12, 1981.

* REFUSING TO GROW HEMP in America during the 17th and 18th Centuries WAS AGAINST THE LAW! You could be jailed in Virginia for refusing to grow hemp from 1763 to 1769; Hemp in Colonial Virginia, G. M. Herdon.

* George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers GREW HEMP; Washington and Jefferson Diaries. Jefferson smuggled hemp seeds from China to France then to America.

* Benjamin Franklin owned one of the first paper mills in America and it processed hemp. Also, the War of 1812 was fought over hemp. Napoleon wanted to cut off Moscow's export to England; Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer.

* For thousands of years, 90% of all ships' sails and rope were made from hemp. The word 'canvas' is Dutch for hemp; Webster's New World Dictionary ...

William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.

A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

http://www.csystemstechgroup.com/DougYouchey2005.htm

Indeed:

* All schoolbooks were made from hemp or flax paper until the 1880s; Hemp Paper Reconsidered, Jack Frazier, 1974.

* It was LEGAL TO PAY TAXES WITH HEMP in America from 1631 until the early 1800s; LA Times, Aug. 12, 1981.

* REFUSING TO GROW HEMP in America during the 17th and 18th Centuries WAS AGAINST THE LAW! You could be jailed in Virginia for refusing to grow hemp from 1763 to 1769; Hemp in Colonial Virginia, G. M. Herdon.

* George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers GREW HEMP; Washington and Jefferson Diaries. Jefferson smuggled hemp seeds from China to France then to America.

* Benjamin Franklin owned one of the first paper mills in America and it processed hemp. Also, the War of 1812 was fought over hemp. Napoleon wanted to cut off Moscow's export to England; Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer.

* For thousands of years, 90% of all ships' sails and rope were made from hemp. The word 'canvas' is Dutch for hemp; Webster's New World Dictionary ...

William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast acreage of timberlands. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst's grandfather, a destroyer of nature for his own personal profit, stood to lose billions because of hemp.

In 1937, Dupont patented the processes to make plastics from oil and coal. Dupont's Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont's business.

Andrew Mellon became Hoover's Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont's primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, to head the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.

Secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their billion dollar enterprises. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure Mexican slang word: 'marihuana' and pushed it into the consciousness of America.

A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

Nice to hear a voice of reason.

As you mentioned, the word canvas in Dutch is hemp (or actually cannabis). I think we can hear the similarity in the words canvas and cannabis.

Yes, the propoganda surrounding weed is amazing. Even more amazing is how few people realize it.

I have been growing 'Grass' for nearly 3 years and no one has caught me yet. I nurture it on a daily basis, making sure its well watered and fed , theres enough heat from the sun so no artificial light or heat is need , which is good but the problem is I havent managed to work out how to smoke the stuff. Every time I try , the Turf makes the paper wet. :)

Give it to me moron, i smoke it for you.

:D

Tell me where you stay and I'll come right over and give you lessons...all for FREE!

post-46099-1250150483_thumb.jpg

I find this interesting because the word 'drugs' is so broad. Now many new 'drugs' are termed 'research chemicals' and are new synthetics just like E was and MDA and MDMA was a long time ago in the stone age before prohibitists decided to clasify them as class As or whatever. Is there a list of exactly what is illegal? What 'research Chemicals' are illegal? (ie 2cb 2ci 2ct7 5meoamt etc the list is endless as to what young people take in the west now.)

What is the legal definition of an illegal drug in Thailand? is it chemical specific? or general? etc

Meorn- thanks for the link, i keep getting a 404 error when I hit it is there another link?

http://www1.oncb.go.th/document/Narcotics%...2%20p10-40.pdf

In Sihanoukville in Cambodia there is a police staion that is situated in the middle of town in a small soi. You cant miss the building , there is a sign outside that says : " Department of Criminal Police " ( I am not joking) Behind the police station , there is field full of Cannabis . I wonder who owns that ? But you are right about foreigners in the bars there , many smoke all sorts of stuff without any real problems, but if they do get a problem they can be executed.

ok my bad the link is ok just without the bracket on teh end.

Really interesting act.

Would seem that 'Research chemicals' for teh purpose of research are quite ok and the list of controlled substances is very specific with the exception to those 'drugs' wich cause dependence or adictive type of behaviours. They ought to update that ASAP. (some of these chemicals are the MDA/LSD/PCP of tomorow.)

Interesting to read I can be arrested for a few codeine/paracetamol tabs though to stop a genuine headache.

Once again thanks for that link Meorn.

I still stay that a horrible substance like alcohol with all the health, social, and financial problems it brings being legal and weed being illegal is absolutely absurd. Those who jump on here saying things like, "It's illegal and you're stupid to it." are likely the same ones that go out and abuse their liver by drinking large quantities of booze, then jump into their car to go home where they beat the wife in an inebriated stupor.

I agree with you and that stupid viewpoint is quite common the world over, but i don't see much of it in this thread, and there are other reasons why drugs are so illegal in Thailand that are very different from the reasons why it is illegal in the west.

Nobody here is pushing the drugs are bad angle, but it's quite clear that the repercussions if you do get caught could be very, very bad indeed. Thailand is fantastically available for many debaucherous activities, but unfortunately drugs are not one of them, so you're better off either forgetting about it, or going to a neighbouring country or two where things are more relaxed.

Indeed:

It would be interesting to consider if it hadn't been demonised whether it would be as prolific as it is today.

There is nothing like a little rebellion to make something popular.

In order to stay on topic I want to say that I heard that even failing one of their piss test raids results in 30 days in jail. About $4,000 USD to get out and you must have a one way ticket out of the country never too return before they will release you. Even if you just come from Amsterdam and can prove it, it is still in your system. So brother my advice is that if you are going to get high stay out of the bars at night until it is out of you system. But everyone reading this should understand, This is If you are Caucasian!

I have a couple of Nigerian buddies who live in BKK that have told me that they on the other hand, have a much different experience when they get caught. They told me that they just get there “1 year tourist visa revoked and have to go home and get another one with no problem” They go home visit their family and are back in Thailand in under 30 days. One told me he got busted last year and he did not even get his dual citizenship revoked. I thought he was mistaken until he pulled his Thai passport out of his pocket and showed it to me.

Now for the off topics remarks for all the little brainwashed girls who say such things as” Don't do drugs in Thailand! , "recreational quantity" !! I think it's just "personal abuse quantity", the illegal drug is the pure substance, Hello, the drugs are illegal so do not use them, I dont know Im not into it and wouldn't risk deportation for 1 night of fun, and my personal favorite Messing with Drugs of any sort on Thailand is Lethal, better to stay well clear.”

I say this, PROSTITUTION IS ALSO ILLEGAL IN THAILAND SO STAY OUT OF THE BARS! Far more lives are hurt by white slavery, the spread of venereal diseases, and alcohol than by illicit drugs.

BUYING BLACK MARKET GOODS IS ILLEGAL IN THAILAND SO STAY OUT OF THE MALLS! These products are made by children who are not offered the choice of an education and who are made slaves and indentured servants. How do you know the mafia is not using the profits to buy more drugs?

As you quoted used drugs while getting in on with local girls, If they report you your in deep s**t :) or maybe demand money not to report you :D either way you loose, be smart stay away from drugs especially in Thailand stick to your beer safer all-round :D .