2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, I thought you'd plugged your pair valve, so how come this happened, and does this mean you have now unplugged them? Confused??

Oh and should I plug my pair valve, since I've changed the end-can? Back fire is quite minimal, it was worst on the ninjette.

I plugged the pair valve on my ER6n but haven't gotten around to it with the Ninja 650R yet (too busy riding) :) Which can did you install on your Ninja? Happy Trails!

Tony

Welcome! Yes, you've already figured it out- the Thai built Kawasakis are the best deals going hands down in the Land of Smiles and over priced imports. :D Half or less than half the cost of comparable imports and with dealers all over the country and super cheap parts they really are value for money. And Kawasaki is talking about moving more production to Thailand! Awesome! Just think what you can do with all the money you save!

112209NinjaSexy2Sm.jpg

:D:D:D

Let the Good Times Roll!

Looks like an excellent ride ..... :)

i shall be getting an er6f(ninja) then....just wasn't sure which one...this one made it clear :D

ridingLOS

I fitted an MTC can, it fits parallel. I then used the original tail piece so it pretty much looks like stock, but polished instead of brushed steel, it's very small, and very noisy. My mate got the arrow on his and they put a rubber valve washer (or 2) behind the fairing on the last fixing and now it clears the exhaust by 4-5mm

I fitted an MTC can, it fits parallel. I then used the original tail piece so it pretty much looks like stock, but polished instead of brushed steel, it's very small, and very noisy. My mate got the arrow on his and they put a rubber valve washer (or 2) behind the fairing on the last fixing and now it clears the exhaust by 4-5mm

Cool! I'm not familiar with MTC- hope you'll post up some pics when you have a chance.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Thinking of getting an ER6F before too long. Only mods I'd bother with are mostly cosmetic - performance is good enough seeing as 1. N. Thailand roads, 2. Thinking fast and careful - not racing mode:

change the bars to drop em down,

tidy the back end,

possibly a seat cowl,

maybe change the tyres (Might just of been cos tyres not worn in enough yet on bikes I've rented here but seemed to loose traction a little easy coming out of bends. Hmmm.).

Now can all these bits (bar the tyres) be got (maybe cheap) from Thailand or would I be better carting them over from UK(bar the tyres)?

Recommendations on parts, prices and dealers greatly appreciated from those who've already done the do.

Is there a Thailand based bike mag or online retailer that's good for all this - in English?

I've scanned through this thread but am not all that wiser... Soz for taking the easy option!

Ta.

Seems like http://www.ninja650shop.com/ have it all. So if not available in Thailand for cheaper - guess that's the easy way.

Any dealers offering less than the 257k standard? Selling off 2009 stock maybe?

Never made in LOS or sold 2009. Started delivering 2010 in august.

Most dealers charge extra for compuls insurance, tax and reg 1500-1900 baht.

Seems like http://www.ninja650shop.com/ have it all. So if not available in Thailand for cheaper - guess that's the easy way.

I saw a black and grey one - which I was told was 2009 colours - at CM a few days back. Not sure on the score there.

I saw a black and grey one - which I was told was 2009 colours - at CM a few days back. Not sure on the score there.

2009 Diablo Black was all black, no gray, and never made in LOS. Look at the gauges/tacho/speedo. Digital 2010, I belive analog 2009. The dealer may however say its a 2009 :) Here in Phuket they still say our 2010 Ninja 650s are 2009. :D:D But their stock will be all 2010 when sold/delivered in january.

Even if you could save a few k baht. I would by it locally to ensure good service or repairs.

Hi Everyone,

I am preparing a ~10 Days trip with the 650R going up north to Mae Sot Changmai.. Departure will be from bangkok (1 driver + 1 passenger).

Here are a few of the stuff I allready have as well as a few questions I have (in blue). Any help, comments are welcome.

Thanks,

FG

SCREEN:

- Ermax screen (7cm higher than the base version) Not perfect : Not too happy with the optical quality of the screen (injection flow ines) + still a lot of wind noise and moskitos crashing on my helemt.

=> Any better suggestion than the Ermax windscreen for touring (i.e. better wind/noise protection)?

HELMET :

- flip up shoei and HJC helmet both fitted with photochromic visor (cool stuff, will darken during the day and be perfectly clear at night or if bad weather)=> highly recommended

STORAGE:

- CASES:

Givi Side and top cases : purchased and installed from Dr Bike in Bangkok for 15000THB. Satisfied with the cases but not not with the attachment of the top case (too weak) I originally complained to the guy in Dr Bike. Faced with his ( voluntary or unvoluntary) lack of understanding of basic mechanical principles , I gave up on him . I will propably have it modified somewhere else to my specs. So if you buy from Dr Bike, stay with them during the installation to make sure everything is up to your specs

TANK BAG:

=> Still missing a magnetic tank (was looking for rapid transit reckon 19). Any proven recommendations forr alocal BKK supplier from whom I could grab a tank bag right way this week ??

POWER SUPPLY:

- Just got 12-5Volt converter for the GPS + looking for a 12Volt waterproof cigaret lighter plug

=> Just need to find a clean way to hook them with a fuse into the 12Volt battery of the Bike. Anyone allready rigged with a clean electrical setup? Any pics, recommendations where to connect the cables (directly on battery or is there an easier/better way.. ?))??

TOOLS to bring with me.

=> Appart from a pressurized can of "fix a flat tire" in case of puncture and the the existing tools located under the seat , any other specific tools/repair equipment you would suggest to bring along for a long trip ??

ITINERARY:

- probaly going for the Mahe Hong Son loop loop. Any must see/must dine /must drive places ? - Will try to do Bangkok -Mae Sot in one jump. Has anyone already done it in one day with a passenger? Any specific recommendatins regarding the itnerary to exit BKK to avoid tolls/traffic (starting from the Suan Lumpini/sathorn area??

TANK BAG:

=> Still missing a magnetic tank (was looking for rapid transit reckon 19). Any proven recommendations forr alocal BKK supplier from whom I could grab a tank bag right way this week ??

Try Panda Rider for the tank bag, they've got them for as little as 1200 baht. They might have some of the other things you need as well.

http://www.pandarider.com/Panda/Product_Accessories.htm

Hi Everyone,

I am preparing a ~10 Days trip with the 650R going up north to Mae Sot Changmai.. Departure will be from bangkok (1 driver + 1 passenger).

Here are a few of the stuff I allready have as well as a few questions I have (in blue). Any help, comments are welcome.

Thanks,

FG

SCREEN:

- Ermax screen (7cm higher than the base version) Not perfect : Not too happy with the optical quality of the screen (injection flow ines) + still a lot of wind noise and moskitos crashing on my helemt.

=> Any better suggestion than the Ermax windscreen for touring (i.e. better wind/noise protection)?

HELMET :

- flip up shoei and HJC helmet both fitted with photochromic visor (cool stuff, will darken during the day and be perfectly clear at night or if bad weather)=> highly recommended

STORAGE:

- CASES:

Givi Side and top cases : purchased and installed from Dr Bike in Bangkok for 15000THB. Satisfied with the cases but not not with the attachment of the top case (too weak) I originally complained to the guy in Dr Bike. Faced with his ( voluntary or unvoluntary) lack of understanding of basic mechanical principles , I gave up on him . I will propably have it modified somewhere else to my specs. So if you buy from Dr Bike, stay with them during the installation to make sure everything is up to your specs

TANK BAG:

POWER SUPPLY:

- Just got 12-5Volt converter for the GPS + looking for a 12Volt waterproof cigaret lighter plug

=> Just need to find a clean way to hook them with a fuse into the 12Volt battery of the Bike. Anyone allready rigged with a clean electrical setup? Any pics, recommendations where to connect the cables (directly on battery or is there an easier/better way.. ?))??

TOOLS to bring with me.

=> Appart from a pressurized can of "fix a flat tire" in case of puncture and the the existing tools located under the seat , any other specific tools/repair equipment you would suggest to bring along for a long trip ??

ITINERARY:

- probaly going for the Mahe Hong Son loop loop. Any must see/must dine /must drive places ? - Will try to do Bangkok -Mae Sot in one jump. Has anyone already done it in one day with a passenger? Any specific recommendatins regarding the itnerary to exit BKK to avoid tolls/traffic (starting from the Suan Lumpini/sathorn area??

Good luck with your trip!

Limited choices for screens for the ER6n. Puig, Ermax and Givi are the only ones I know of and they're all way to small IMO. HTWoodson had fitted a Z1000 Givi screen to his ER6n and it looked great and was perfect, but no way you'll be able to get something like that sourced and fitted on such short notice.

Be VERY careful with that top box- DR Bike nearly killed be with a poorly made top box rack that snapped somewhere between Mae Sariang and Hot. I was incredibly lucky that it happened on one of the rare straights- had it happened in the twisties I'd probably not be here to tell you about it... :)

Another warning- be VERY careful riding the Mae Hong Song Loop during the holidays- MAD traffic especially between Mae Hong Song-Pai-Chiang Mai. The worst are the Toyota tourist vans that routinely pass into blind corners and think nothing of oncoming motorcycles. (If you're flexible I'd recommend you head further north to Mae Salong area or further east towards Phrayao / Nan where you will not have to deal with such heavy traffic and can still enjoy some of the most fantastic motorcycle roads in Thailand.)

Have a great ride!

^I thought he was riding a Ninja 650R, not an er6n?

Ooops! That's what happens when I post before a good cuppa joe! :)

Then, the tallest screen I've seen for the Ninja 650R has got to be the Puig. Rather ugly IMO, but should get the job done:

122009Ninja650RPuigSm.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Good fun riding with the Kawasaki Ninja Hatori club yesterday- man some of these guys have gone all out customizing their Ninja 650Rs and ER6n's!

Ermax tail tidy and tire hugger. Dropped a couple teeth on the rear sprocket, Carbon Fiber under tail, lost the aluminum grab bars, integrated tail light, gold wheels and more!

122009Ninja650BobSm.jpg

Too many Carbon Fiber parts to list! :)

122009Ninja650Bob1Sm.jpg

Rizoma fat bars, quick release gas cap, fugly little mirrors and a very tall Puig screen-

122009Ninja650RRizomaPuigSm.jpg

This one's got the MRA screen:

122009Ninja650RRizomaMRA.JPG

Love the unique look of the Leo Vince GPPro!

Ninja650RCFRSPlates1.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Hi guys,

apologies for putting this in a thread which has nothing to do with my question, but I thought you might have a good answer for me.

I am going to buy (finally) an ER6-n early Jan and my son (15) would like to have a CBR 150. It seems that he can make a license even at this age, but what I am concerned about is insurance. There seems to only be the basic insurance (Poh Loh Boh- or something like that in Thai). This really does not cover anything, and in case of accident with 3rd party, I guess it will only go to court and possibly having a long legal battle, me, being farang ending paying up a fortune to the other guy....?!

Are the possibilities of Premium Insurances, one broker I spoke to, said that it does not exist...and I find this hard to believe.

Hope you guys can help me, would like to enjoy riding...without those worries...

Cheers and Merry Xmas to all,

frank

Hi guys,

apologies for putting this in a thread which has nothing to do with my question, but I thought you might have a good answer for me.

I am going to buy (finally) an ER6-n early Jan and my son (15) would like to have a CBR 150. It seems that he can make a license even at this age, but what I am concerned about is insurance. There seems to only be the basic insurance (Poh Loh Boh- or something like that in Thai). This really does not cover anything, and in case of accident with 3rd party, I guess it will only go to court and possibly having a long legal battle, me, being farang ending paying up a fortune to the other guy....?!

Are the possibilities of Premium Insurances, one broker I spoke to, said that it does not exist...and I find this hard to believe.

Hope you guys can help me, would like to enjoy riding...without those worries...

frank

Merry Christmas!

Have you asked ThaiVisa for a quote?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi guys,

frank

Merry Christmas!

Have you asked ThaiVisa for a quote?

Happy Trails!

Tony

1 st class insurance is available from kwaker dealer. at 7500 baht it covers 180k for the Ninja 650 and very good third party and bail bond.

Yes a licence may be obtained from 15+ but they are restricted to 90cc, and bikes of this size are far and few between these days, maybe even your local plod will not have this information but it is correct. Go to the transport office for these regulations. So yes this probably means that as long as plod has no idea of the laws, your son will drive peacefully for 2yrs, but get real should you be trusting a 15yr old lad with a mc capable of 150kmph. Anybody know if it can be restricted, before his son becomes another statistic.

NG

Yes a licence may be obtained from 15+ but they are restricted to 90cc, and bikes of this size are far and few between these days, maybe even your local plod will not have this information but it is correct. Go to the transport office for these regulations. So yes this probably means that as long as plod has no idea of the laws, your son will drive peacefully for 2yrs, but get real should you be trusting a 15yr old lad with a mc capable of 150kmph. Anybody know if it can be restricted, before his son becomes another statistic.

NG

Thanks. Not heard about this rule yet, found somewhere it is 110 or 115cc, but nobody seems to really know the rules. Will try to make it to the transport office, although not so sure if they can really shed light at the situation.

Obviously I am concerned, otherwise I would not ask about insurances, etc...., and mostly I had the plan to actually ride together with him...and as I have another smaller son...1 motorbike won't just do it! Father - son outing so to say...

cheers,

NG

Thanks. Not heard about this rule yet, found somewhere it is 110 or 115cc, but nobody seems to really know the rules. Will try to make it to the transport office, although not so sure if they can really shed light at the situation.

Obviously I am concerned, otherwise I would not ask about insurances, etc...., and mostly I had the plan to actually ride together with him...and as I have another smaller son...1 motorbike won't just do it! Father - son outing so to say...

cheers,

Maybe we should start a kids and bikes thread. Our kids are growing up in the land of motorcyc, and their dads have bikes, so our kids are pre-destined to really love bikes. As evident in my son, he's only 2 years but riding motorbikes is currently the best thing in the whole wide world. He's pretty fast even on his running bike, and obviously only rides passenger on the real bike but the day will come and I think it's not too far off where he'll want a real bike. How to ensure they don't kill themselves?

Maybe we should start a kids and bikes thread. Our kids are growing up in the land of motorcyc, and their dads have bikes, so our kids are pre-destined to really love bikes. As evident in my son, he's only 2 years but riding motorbikes is currently the best thing in the whole wide world. He's pretty fast even on his running bike, and obviously only rides passenger on the real bike but the day will come and I think it's not too far off where he'll want a real bike. How to ensure they don't kill themselves?

Heh heh, not a bad idea- my son's been attracted to bikes from day one-

0813BabyNinja1Sm.jpg

Came across this little 50cc pocket bike at the mall the other day-

121309Mir4Sm.jpg

I think in a couple years we'll start playing around on dirt bikes.

0813BabyDirtSm.jpg

Ride On!