2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who likes Carbon Fiber??? :P

ER6nCFFrontFender.JPG

The CF front fender above and tire hugger / chain guard below will fit both Ninja 650R and ER6n :)

ER6nCFHugger.JPG

CF signal shrouds for the ER6n:

ER6nCFShroudRt.JPG

Tail cleans up nicely with CF tail piece and seat cowl-

ER6nCFTail.JPG

ER6CFSeatCowl.JPG

GetAttachmentCAQG6ARR.JPGGetAttachmentCA8ZG9UB.JPG

I'm really digging this CF tank protector-

ER6CFTankCover.JPG

Finally- some beautiful CF frame covers-

ER6nCFCover.JPG

ER6nCFCover2.JPG

What do you think? You'll be able to find this and more in the ThaiVisa classifieds soon!

Ride On!

Tony

:D:D:D:D:D:D

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

Just imagine a few more. :D

And mods, for the sake of accuracy, can we please program the masturbating emoticons to cum about 8 strokes sooner? I only need around 2. Thanks!

Edited by Scubabuddha

I just purchased a green Ninja 650R from the dealer in Pattaya. I live in Bangkok, but there's a multi-week wait for one here. The Pattaya dealer had them in stock and they will are going to transfer the plates to Bangkok for me (extra 350 baht). Before I purchased the bike, I rented one down on Beach Road. There are at least two for rent near Soi 13/3 and 13/4... a blue one and a green one... 800-900 baht per day.

Anybody know where I can get the 2009 service manual in PDF format?

-Jeff

Edited by JGA

Hi BigBikeBKK, not sure if you meant you want to fix your existing camera mount or buy a new one!

If you want a new one try www.starider.com.au

post-63954-1253488228_thumb.jpg

Cheers BSJ,

This is the camera mount I'm using now:

ext_EVTT091.jpg

Same mount Bard is using and his videos come out very smooth, so I'm thinking that I need to try a different camera as it seems the cheap Canon I used has something loose inside- it rattles when I shake it :) I've got a better quality video camera that I'll try next. Hopefully I'll get better results.

Ride On!

Tony

My flush mount indicators arrived today (7 days) from ebay (HK) £10 inc. P&P, see wheelspro shop.

Didn't take long to fit them, but it is necessary to cut the grab-handles, this would mean either spraying up the ends in matt black or bringing them back to natural alloy finish. As I intend designing a rear-rack to clamp on when touring which I expect will scratch the black paint, it was a good idea to bring back to the alloy finish.

The number plate bracket in the picture already exsists under all the plastic, and uses the same holes, etc leaving everything underneath very neat. I now have a small stainless bullet LED light coming for the number-plate illumination.

post-64189-1253695024_thumb.jpg

post-64189-1253695071_thumb.jpg

post-64189-1253695084_thumb.jpg

^ Cool Gladiator, but what's up with having to cut off the ends of the grab bars?! :) That's a bit 'extreme' just to fit some turn signals IMO... Especially since turn signals are so underused and ignored in the LOS. And your license plate seems to be hanging unusually low which kind of negates the whole tail tidy concept - would look a lot better if you brought it up closer to the tail. Just my two satang :D

Personally I like the Ermax tail tidy:

2010Ninja650R665G6427.JPG

Or this local Thai design that's very cheap and tidy:

SNV13115_resize.JPG

I've got an integrated tail light / turn signal on the way that looks like this:

ER6IntegratedTailLight.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Yes the plate is lower than intended, that's because I can't drill the red plate (may not get my deposit back) but once my plate arrives I will fit it closer to the tail light. Those triangular lights under the tail=tidy are also available at the same price and supplier on ebay, but I really wanted them to look normal rather than the underneath space age look. Cutting the grab handles may seem extreme, but it does nothing to the appearance, didn't take long and once I make up a rack to clamp onto them the benefit of natural alloy finish will also be of benefit. Overall cost 550bt is another factor, not everybody has 4-5k to spend.

I've got an integrated tail light / turn signal on the way that looks like this:

ER6IntegratedTailLight.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

I dont trust those to stand out.. Too centralized and not in your face enough..

When I was back in the UK I sourced 2 spare passenger footrest hangers.. And want to have a go at either DiY fabbing or getting this mod done.

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a241/tripage/1000rr/

http://www.tripageled.com/

http://www.tripageled.com/images/gallery/TRIPAGEGALLERY.swf

Theres threads on this mod on RR zone and a few places.. They seem to really pop at night and also broadcast to people who might be into your blindspot.. Plus they look cool :)

Have you solved the Hot leg problem yet? :)

Sounds dodgey to me.

Ingrish not my mother tongue! :D

Nothing to solve. The heat is nothing compared to big bikes like my VTX 1800cc v-twin.

The radiator is very small to reduce weight. If larger radiator is installed, peakheat will be reduced and fan not kick in so often, giving less heatflow through fairing to rider.