2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

Absolutely correct, I could by 2.5 Kawas...but I could not drive them in the same time...could I :)

Many thanks for the info on helmets...heard about that shop you mentioned on the map, I believe it is there since ages, wasn't sure if they had only "plastic" helmets for 1xUsage...

Again, thanks for the info...

cheers...and tomorrow is the Day...

VSky I went by the Kwackers shop and it looked all closed up, like permanently. Did you get your bike?

No, it still open, they are just renovating their showroom, garage behind still in operation and they have set up a tent as well to sell their bikes...the whole set up is not too confidence inspiring, but I guess that's the Best there is...

Quite impressed with the bike, real easy to drive, even after more than 10 years abstinence...

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tony.

Check your PMs. :)

Hi Johnno,

The shop I used for the custom seat on my Ninja 650R is called Toon Suttisan. It's a long walk or a very short motorcycle taxi ride from the Kawasaki HQ on Rama IX-

Here's a map:

ToonSuttisanMap.jpg

Over 12,000km later and the seat still looks great-

102009SeatMod7Sm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

That Thai guy is a real craftsman.

How did you find him? :D

To be honest- just dumb luck- I've seen quite a few of these shops around Bangkok but have heard they are pretty hit and miss on quality- Up in Chiang Mai there are some good shops reviewed on the GT Rider site but I've read that some charge "Farang" prices when they see a round eye in the shop :) Guess I just got lucky and found one of the good ones here in the Big Mango :D

Here's the video of the guy at work - pretty cool!

Absolutely correct, I could by 2.5 Kawas...but I could not drive them in the same time...could I :)

Many thanks for the info on helmets...heard about that shop you mentioned on the map, I believe it is there since ages, wasn't sure if they had only "plastic" helmets for 1xUsage...

Again, thanks for the info...

cheers...and tomorrow is the Day...

VSky I went by the Kwackers shop and it looked all closed up, like permanently. Did you get your bike?

No, it still open, they are just renovating their showroom, garage behind still in operation and they have set up a tent as well to sell their bikes...the whole set up is not too confidence inspiring, but I guess that's the Best there is...

Quite impressed with the bike, real easy to drive, even after more than 10 years abstinence...

Pics please. :D

Tony I gotta question if that is the best road in Thailand after my jaunt up Doi Intanon, it seems the best roads in Thailand seem to be mountain roads that are hardly used, the surfaces and curves are as good as a race track, For those that have never experienced anything other than city or highway driving, you gotta get out there and experience them, I have more fun on this 650r IN THAILAND ,than any time back in the UK on a zx9r. "How much officer 200bt, OK thanks bye now!"

post-64189-1267234088_thumb.jpg

post-64189-1267234114_thumb.jpg

Shame about the standard of boxed metal drivers on the roads, they're really gonna have to start improving their road skills, "LOOK MATE MOVE OUT THE WAY - THAT'S AN R'd BASTURD IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR - AND YES I DID JUST COME FROM NO-WHERE"

Edited by NinjaGladiator

^ Cheers NG,

I didn't say the 1081 is the BEST road in Thailand, simply ONE of the Best! There are so many others to choose from- the 1148 and the Mae Hong Song Loop would also have to be in the top 5. The road up Doi Inthanon is fantastic as well if you're lucky enough to hit it on a day with light traffic.

Was talking with some friends about starting a thread where we can list the best roads in Thailand- whaddya say?

Ride On!

Tony

ps. am I the only one who is missing a cursor on this forum? Makes posting a real drag...

Nope. Me too. Almost impossible to post.

^ Cheers NG,

I didn't say the 1081 is the BEST road in Thailand, simply ONE of the Best! There are so many others to choose from- the 1148 and the Mae Hong Song Loop would also have to be in the top 5. The road up Doi Inthanon is fantastic as well if you're lucky enough to hit it on a day with light traffic.

Was talking with some friends about starting a thread where we can list the best roads in Thailand- whaddya say?

Ride On!

Tony

ps. am I the only one who is missing a cursor on this forum? Makes posting a real drag...

Weird, huh? You can't even scroll back in your own post and have to write everything in one go, unless you open it in the HTML source editor... Not sure if this is because I updated my Firefox browser or because ThaiVisa messed up their site. If it's a ThaiVisa issue I hope they'll fix it...

^ Cheers NG,

Ride On!

Tony

Tony, there's a question I've been meaning to ask you, it's perhaps a bit personal.

If you had the choice of never having a woman again or never having a bike again . . . which would it be?

That doesn't mean you can hire either.

Weird, huh? You can't even scroll back in your own post and have to write everything in one go, unless you open it in the HTML source editor... Not sure if this is because I updated my Firefox browser or because ThaiVisa messed up their site. If it's a ThaiVisa issue I hope they'll fix it...

^ Cheers NG,

Ride On!

Tony

I was having the same problem. Eventually it just got better. I felt like it w as a FF problem.

Tony, there's a question I've been meaning to ask you, it's perhaps a bit personal.

If you had the choice of never having a woman again or never having a bike again . . . which would it be?

Wow that's a weird one... Bikes or bitches? I'd hate to live in a world that didn't have both. :)

That's not an answer. Go on. Pick on.

The bike or the bird?

Wow that's a weird one... Bikes or bitches? I'd hate to live in a world that didn't have both. :)

LMAO! Went for a ride on Sunday with a Khon Kaen cutie on the back- who says you can't have your cake and eat it too??? :)

Ride On!

Tony

The bike or the bird?

Wow that's a weird one... Bikes or bitches? I'd hate to live in a world that didn't have both. :D

LMAO! Went for a ride on Sunday with a Khon Kaen cutie on the back- who says you can't have your cake and eat it too??? :)

No,no,no…don't try and tell me anyone was eating "cake" while on a bike. At least not at the speeds you drive at. Maybe some sausage in a truck but "cake" on a bike? :D

Ride On!

Tony

The bike or the bird?

Wow that's a weird one... Bikes or bitches? I'd hate to live in a world that didn't have both. :D

Oh, it is a Firefox problem. Just use IE. I know . . . I know . ..

I've officially moved to this thread now after ordering a Black 2010 Ninja 650R...

Thr 2010 Ninja 650RmkII is so much better than the 650R, I ordered two last week.

In what way is it better. I thought that it was the same as the 2009.

Unless of course you are refering to the American Pre 2009 Ninja 650

I've officially moved to this thread now after ordering a Black 2010 Ninja 650R...

Thr 2010 Ninja 650RmkII is so much better than the 650R, I ordered two last week.

In what way is it better. I thought that it was the same as the 2009.

Unless of course you are refering to the American Pre 2009 Ninja 650

The American Pre 2009 was a great model indeed, the 2010 650mkII has multi point IS USM EF f5.4 ABS with a focal range of 70 to 200mm. Is it far superior to the standard 650R.

This guy is on a wind-up... 8 D He advised me to use coconut oil to run my bike in!... he he

Coconut and Palm oil has been used successfully to run in Kawasaki's for years due to the high temp rating and superior viscosity levels under mid range RPM's. No more than 5qts per 1000km's of avg hwy riding. Be safe.

A friendly reminder- the "R" in 650R definitely does NOT stand for RACE :)

Ride on!!!

I keep coming back to this thread like she's an old girlfriend that knows just how I like it. :D

If you're bored you can help me compile a list of must have mods for my 650R I pick up in 13 days... :D

If you're bored you can help me compile a list of must have mods for my 650R I pick up in 13 days... :)

LOL, if you're bored go ahead and read through the last 15 pages of this thread and you'll find a pretty comprehensive list of popular mods for your new Ninja 650R. There are also some forums dedicated to the Ninja 650R.

Check these out:

http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-650r-er6/

http://www.riderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Ride On!

Tony

If you're bored you can help me compile a list of must have mods for my 650R I pick up in 13 days... :)

LOL, if you're bored go ahead and read through the last 15 pages of this thread and you'll find a pretty comprehensive list of popular mods for your new Ninja 650R. There are also some forums dedicated to the Ninja 650R.

Check these out:

http://www.kawiforums.com/ninja-650r-er6/

http://www.riderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Ride On!

Tony

On the subject of mods, as you know i`ve been a member of these forums for a while now...and i`m considering doing this as my next mod

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/8817/imgp4929800x600.jpg

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7831/imgp4935800x600.jpg

i was wondering do you have a price list of replacement parts for our model, namely how much for a complete headlight?

just incase i screw it up on the mod...and oh, i`ve fitted the flatfoot and the front lowering pegs as my last 2 mods...great mods.

Whats the latest on your pcv+autotune? you got it yet...regards