2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

well, Ridethailand said that they can....but that might not mean that they actually can!? But i do certainly see a couple of Ducs running around Phuket...

I guess it seems that the majority thinks the Kawa is the safer bet (not that I didn't know this before... :) )....will see tomorrow at the Kawa dealer (if they finally arrived) how i fit on them...maybe need a bit of a custom color job for them, as I don't like candy colors and black is maybe used a bit too much....i fancy a white one...like the Triumph Street Triple...looks awesome in white.

cheers, frank

they cant do fuelinjection, except possibly harleys by now.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...ok, great...thanks for all the useful feedback...i guess most of you guys at least don't let euphoria influence decisions....and than some people say "bikers are not reasonable" :D

Guess will settle for the Kwacker than...probably n, as a little less color to hide! :)

....yes if i had the cash i would get the Triumph, but i don't or better i don't want to spend it on the bike. (you see, i am not completely unreasonable myself). So, maybe i get a nice white paintjob for the Kwacker....anybody knows if this is ok (legal? does it have to be registered, same as if you chance the color of your car? anybody know a shop to do this in Phuket?)

Don't you agree, that the white ER6n (from European websites) looks nice and classy.....

Change of color is registered by DMV in computer and book. simple.

Toyota Pearl would charge like 5-7k for the spray job in Camry White Pearl (they spray this color once a week) and I would pick off and mount back the panels and tank myself.

- Better riding position...(i am 1.82cm, and 95kg), a little worried the Kawa will be on the small side for me.

Hi!

I'm 188 and the same amount of kilo as you.. Yes the ER6 is a bit on the small side (perfect for bkk traffic though). For me it is all ok except for my knees that I think is a bit too much bent to be comfy on longer rides.

I been thinking of highering the seat a bit, something I would rather do if I were you instead of buying an "old" Ducati without a green book.. I also heard that the Versys have a kit to lower the footpegs 2.5cm, if they have that for er6 too, or if it is possible to fit the Versys kit it could become a quite comfy bike even with your size:D

Anyone know if this kit is out there for er6 too?

Good luck whatever you decide!!

Hi again!

Just remembered that I read quite a few complains that the windscreen on the Ninja is not tall enough for tall riders, meaning you will get a lot of wind in your face/helmet. Not so comfy for the long rides, so take that in consideration too.

Triumph have dealership in Bangkok, Chiang Mai and Phuket. If you fancy the white triple and got the coins. Consider them instead.

Good luck.

I do.. daily :) !!

Its just a really hard sell as a value proposition..

keeping the Blade.. keeping the Blade.. keeping the...

No need to deny urself a proper bike.

Go on pull the pin. :D

Hi again!

Just remembered that I read quite a few complains that the windscreen on the Ninja is not tall enough for tall riders, meaning you will get a lot of wind in your face/helmet. Not so comfy for the long rides, so take that in consideration too.

Well... the screen on the Ninja 650R is a good bit taller than the one on my ER6n... :)

0811ER6Ninja650R.jpg

It's actually a pretty tall screen, but the bars are unusually high which can make it feel short. I've got a set of sport bars on the way that should get me down out of the elements :D And there are tons of aftermarket screens available- touring, double bubble, etc.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi again!

Well... the screen on the Ninja 650R is a good bit taller than the one on my ER6n... :)

0811ER6Ninja650R.jpg

It's actually a pretty tall screen, but the bars are unusually high which can make it feel short. I've got a set of sport bars on the way that should get me down out of the elements :D And there are tons of aftermarket screens available- touring, double bubble, etc.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Tony!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! Yheep, the screen sure is taller on the Ninja then on the er6n, wouldn't that due to aerodynamics just make the wind so much rougher in the face if it is not tall enough to send the wind above the head?

The fact that you, who could not be called a tall rider, nope not even in Asia :D are modifying the bike to get out of the wind rather emphases the point that it would be good to take that into consideration when deciding what bike to purchase. Especially for the ones that lack the will and/or the financial means to immediately start to modify the bike.

Cheers

Edited by 12Gon

0811ER6Ninja650R.jpg

Hi Tony!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! However the fact that you, who could not be called a tall rider, nope not even in Asia :) are modifying the bike to get out of the wind rather emphases the point that it would be good to take that into consideration when deciding what bike to purchase. Especially for the ones that lack the will and/or the financial means to immediately start to modify the bike.

Yheep, the screen sure is taller on the Ninja then on the er6n, wouldn't that due to aerodynamics just make the wind so much rougher in the face if it is not tall enough to send the wind above the head?

Cheers

Hi 12Gon,

I'm not getting the sport bars because of wind- After 17,000km on the ER6n I'm pretty used to wind :D

I'm getting them because I find the stock bars too tall. I felt the same on the ER6 and it took me quite a while to get used to the tall bars. I had been talking to a couple of places about changing to Renthal or some other straight bar. Only recently did sport bars become available for the 2009-2010 ER6n/Ninja 650R and they've received very good reviews which is why I'm going to give them a try. Lower bars should give improved front end feedback and stability in the corners. Can't wait to try 'em out!

Ride On,

Tony

Got my blue today. :) Katabeachbum and I spent quite a while discussing the pros and cons of the 3 colors. I think either one of use could have switched as I think there was still at least one black and green available. After much consternation, both of us decided to stay with the blue, but agreed all 3 colors were nice. Especially the lime green, Definitely different than the aged Kawasaki green. I think what sold the blue for me was the matching rear spring. The black was nice but it didn't have enough contrast with the rest of the bike IMO. My blue still has lots of black on it so it's a win win. I love the low end torque. Like Ithalian said, very easy to maneuver around traffic. The fan turns on quickly and often. I will probably add the lower race bars as it does feel a bit too upright for me, but maybe I will get used to it. They really should have come with a bit more aggressive bars than those on the n. The insurance was 7,500 baht through Falcon. Unfortunate the static I am getting from the GF is a bit of a buzzkill.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Edited by Scubabuddha

Well, unless you find a top notch mechanic, play it safe and buy the Kawa. I had a long talk with a dealer and let me say, the level of competence required is way above that of an average bike mechanic!

They do all kinds of work with the EFI or replacing the brushes on the starter motor.

What's all this about reploacing the exhaust? when you riding the Kawa, you won't see it. I wouldn't spend XX k Baht on an exhaust, unless it was unavoidable.

Ride on!

Chris

Been to Kwacker Phuket yesterday and only one black Ninja still available...a green one and a black one booked. Must admit the Green one really looks cool, whereas the ER6n in green looks (as someone else here mentioned) rather "dull"...

The Er6n they have however still come with the Dunlops not the Bridgestones...shame..., as it seems most of you who have driven both, prefer the Bridgestones...

Would you believe that the Sales Manager of this shop at Saturday lunch time did not even know that they will get Ninjas? plus he did not know also that they will get ER6n as well....Well informed those guys... :)

I have seen on someones Er6n some kind of stoppers near the engine and at the handlebars ( i guess to protect when it God forbid falls...?) Are those somewhere available in Phuket?

Forgive my ignorance....kind of a newbie...or rather long time absent from the biking world! 20 odd years or so.... :D

I have seen on someones Er6n some kind of stoppers near the engine and at the handlebars ( i guess to protect when it God forbid falls...?) Are those somewhere available in Phuket?

PM Tony (BigBikeBKK) I am sure he can sort something mailed.

Imagine my surprise when I received a phone call from Kawasaki Rama 9 on Monday asking me if I'd like to pick up my new Kawasaki Ninja 650R 3 days early?! :)

Well... gee, I thought I was picking up my new bike on Thursday.... Let me see if my wire transfer has come through yet- nope :D Well... can you hold it until tomorrow? Thanks! :D

So I headed over to Rama 9 this morning and she was waiting for me- a beautiful new Lime Green 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650R :D

0811Ninja650R5.jpg

Took her out for a 70km break-in spin and then came back to change the oil and filter-

0811Ninja650R1.jpg

Nice bike- haven't tried out the ABS yet. Honestly, the Ninja 650R is a bit mundane in stock form. The Two Bros pipe, ignition booster and Juice Box Fuel Injection module I've got on my ER6n make it a much more lively bike than the stock Ninja 650R.

0811ER6Ninja650R2.jpg

I've got an Arrow pipe on the way for the new Ninja and will add a powercommander and another ignition booster once the new pipe arrives.

Took some pictures of a pair of Plasma Blue Ninjas while I was hanging out.

0811Ninja650RBlu.jpg

0811Ninja650RBlu2.jpg

The Diablo Black 2010 Ninja 650R-

2010Ninja650RBlkSm.jpg

I'm actually rather bummed that I sold the ER6n... :D I'm riding her down to her new home in Phuket tomorrow. Was a great bike and she'll be missed.

0811ER6Ninja650R1.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

0811Ninja650R3.jpg

HI BBB DO YOU HAVE HTE TELEPHONE NU,MBER FOR KAWASAKI RAMA 9 PLESE.

JOHN

081 376 1773 OR [email protected] thanks

Been to Kwacker Phuket yesterday and only one black Ninja still available...a green one and a black one booked. Must admit the Green one really looks cool, whereas the ER6n in green looks (as someone else here mentioned) rather "dull"...

The Er6n they have however still come with the Dunlops not the Bridgestones...shame..., as it seems most of you who have driven both, prefer the Bridgestones...

Would you believe that the Sales Manager of this shop at Saturday lunch time did not even know that they will get Ninjas? plus he did not know also that they will get ER6n as well....Well informed those guys... :)

Forgive my ignorance....kind of a newbie...or rather long time absent from the biking world! 20 odd years or so.... :D

Is this what you're looking for?

0330ER6n3.jpg0330ER6n.jpg

ER6nEngnSldrs1.jpg

Available in the ThaiVisa Classifieds: http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotive...sale-20711.html

Happy Trails!

Tony

yes, that's the one in Chonburi....looks real nice! at least on photos, haven't seen it in real yet, as i am in Phuket.

so, what do you guys say with ergos on the Er6n for me....reminder...pretty big guy at 1.82 and 95kg...and a bit of back problems. :)

IThailian: great to know that i am not the only weirdo looking at this question? how do you like your Kawa now?

No book, no buy.

As long as it doesn't have a book, it's not worth considering at all. A book in "3 to 4 months" means absolutely nothing. This is Thailand, plus the book is going to be fishy. Is it really going to have a book in 3 months? Who knows. All I know is that it would be madness to put any money towards it.

I'd go out and compare other bikes which already have a book. While they can't compete with Kawa on price, at least you could see what's out there.

just like the roads in phuket :)

he seemed to have proper gauges, not the digital crap

LOL- knowing how to ride on dirt can be a very useful skill!

I also prefer the analog gauges on the old Ninja 650R over the new digital display. But I'll get over it! :D:D:D

Ride On!

Tony

Got my blue today. :D Katabeachbum and I spent quite a while discussing the pros and cons of the 3 colors. I think either one of use could have switched as I think there was still at least one black and green available. After much consternation, both of us decided to stay with the blue, but agreed all 3 colors were nice. Especially the lime green, Definitely different than the aged Kawasaki green. I think what sold the blue for me was the matching rear spring. The black was nice but it didn't have enough contrast with the rest of the bike IMO. My blue still has lots of black on it so it's a win win. I love the low end torque. Like Ithalian said, very easy to maneuver around traffic. The fan turns on quickly and often. I will probably add the lower race bars as it does feel a bit too upright for me, but maybe I will get used to it. They really should have come with a bit more aggressive bars than those on the n. The insurance was 7,500 baht through Falcon. Unfortunate the static I am getting from the GF is a bit of a buzzkill.

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

Congratulations with your new bike Scubabuddha enjoy your new toy :)

Just learned the hard way that the headlight bulb for the Ninja 650R is NOT the same as the 2009 ER6N/F! Grrr.. :)

I dont understand why they make one low beam and one highbeam, except for costsaving :D As soon as I get some time (and park the bike for a day) I will take them apart. I want 2 low beams and 2 highbeams. I m not going Xenon/HID though.