Pattay City Resort Pattay Dye, My Experience

SirPaul

Live and Learn

I wish to share my experience to warn others.

I was interested in a condo in the development in Pattay Dye (South Road) called "Pattaya City Resort", now I am not. The condos are not finished yet but if you are interested in one (or any other condo) please read the following...

You will be asked for a deposit after being shown the show home. you will not be told or given the following:

• No paperwork will be handed to you before you pay the deposit, just a receipt for your money when you have paid. Note: this is meaningless as you can give anyone money.
  • You will be shown a very vague contract that will not be correct and need ammendments.
  • You will be promised the contract when you pay the next big installment (when 20% paid)
  • You will see the show home, but you will be told you will get similar. When you start specifying in writing what you get you will find out that it less than you are expecting and you will have to change the standard contract.
  • There will be no final date writen down when the development is expected to be complete, they will only talk about it.
  • Everything that is spoken about is not worth anything as what is said is changed without care.
  • If you contest anything the response will be that either you are trouble and are not like the other customers, or that this is Thailand and you want too much.
  • You will not get your money back, no matter how much mis-information is given to you before you pay.
  • You will not get the sort of help you require, and telling them you are new to buying in Thailand will only make them hide what you should do, but they will be quick to instruct you on how much and when you should pay.
  • Be aware that you will not be told about all the intended building. Another 9 blocks, plus another condo block and a medical centre is planned. You have to ask and ask again.
  • The German salesman will use his luck of speaking English as a misunderstanding rather than say I told you wrong.
  • You will see that if you get a lawyer, he / she will not be happy with the paperwork or the set-up
  • You will get the wrong financial advice, if you get any at all.

Please note: In my opinion the German Salesman is friendly but lucks the knowledge to do the job well. Better to deal with a Thai sales person who has been trained in what to say (this alone shows how bad the current situation is!!)

So if you go in there because the condos' look nice from outside, be very careful.

Good Luck

Edited by SirPaul

Live and Learn

I wish to share my experience to warn others.

I was interested in a condo in the development in Pattay Dye (South Road) called "Pattaya City Resort", now I am not. The condos are not finished yet but if you are interested in one (or any other condo) please read the following...

You will be asked for a deposit after being shown the show home. you will not be told or given the following:

• No paperwork will be handed to you before you pay the deposit, just a receipt for your money when you have paid. Note: this is meaningless as you can give anyone money.
  • You will be shown a very vague contract that will not be correct and need ammendments.
  • You will be promised the contract when you pay the next big installment (when 20% paid)
  • You will see the show home, but you will be told you will get similar. When you start specifying in writing what you get you will find out that it less than you are expecting and you will have to change the standard contract.
  • There will be no final date writen down when the development is expected to be complete, they will only talk about it.
  • Everything that is spoken about is not worth anything as what is said is changed without care.
  • If you contest anything the response will be that either you are trouble and are not like the other customers, or that this is Thailand and you want too much.
  • You will not get your money back, no matter how much mis-information is given to you before you pay.
  • You will not get the sort of help you require, and telling them you are new to buying in Thailand will only make them hide what you should do, but they will be quick to instruct you on how much and when you should pay.
  • Be aware that you will not be told about all the intended building. Another 9 blocks, plus another condo block and a medical centre is planned. You have to ask and ask again.
  • The German salesman will use his luck of speaking English as a misunderstanding rather than say I told you wrong.
  • You will see that if you get a lawyer, he / she will not be happy with the paperwork or the set-up
  • You will get the wrong financial advice, if you get any at all.

Please note: In my opinion the German Salesman is friendly but lucks the knowledge to do the job well. Better to deal with a Thai sales person who has been trained in what to say (this alone shows how bad the current situation is!!)

So if you go in there because the condos' look nice from outside, be very careful.

Good Luck

:) pattaya resort on south pattaya is a no no project no matter who you deal with -thai or farang. a farang friend on holiday in pattaya was shown a unit and was freaked out by the lack of any proper documentaion or confirmation for the project's confirmation of completion after he was asked to make all kinds of down payments - an experience quite similar to the related one here. :D just beware who you deal with in pattaya, that's all. :D

• 1 month later...
Who was the German, was it Mr Detlef?

I dealt with him somewhere else.

<snip>

Yes, that is him. He told me that he is well respected in Pattaya, so I can only assume that you were one of his happy customers that has earned him the good reputation he promotes :D:):D:D:D .

better avoid this place by the sounds of things......whos the german in the red ferrari ??????????

I believe he is one of the more well known thieves in the condo developments. I have heard him mentioned on a bunch of posts. Along with a handful of his cronies!