Why Is The British Honorary Consul Never Mentioned?

simon43

If you visit the British Embassy website and search for contact details of their office locations outside of Bangkok, then details are shown for both Pattaya and Chiang Mai honorary Consuls. But no mention of Phuket!

I know that early last year the Phuket Consul was replaced. Surely by now the new guy (Martin) has settled in and able to advertise his location and contact details on the embassy website.

I just find it rather strange that the presence of a local embassy representative in Phuket is 'kept under wraps', whilst the presence of similar embassy staff in Chiang Mai and Pattaya is suitably mentioned.

I think we should be told why :)

Simon

Mentioned on embassy website at: http://ukinthailand.fco.gov.uk/en/our-offi...ns-in-thailand/

"Office of the British Honorary Consul, Phuket

Martin Carpenter MBE

115-116 Plaza Del Mar

Moo 1, Pasak Koktanod Road

Cherngtalay, Thalang

Phuket 83110, Thailand

Tel: +66 (0) 76 318188

Fax: +66 (0) 76 318190

Mobile: +66 (0) 85 489 0106

Email: Martin Carpenter"

Also see/hear Ambassador's comments on Martin at

Edited by NBT TV Phuket

My apologies! Looking VERY closely at the Embassy website, I now see that his name is mentioned on the right hand side of the webpage. But why no subheading as is shown for the other 2 consulates?

It hardly stands out on the page, does it?

Simon

post-174-1250489636_thumb.png

My apologies! Looking VERY closely at the Embassy website, I now see that his name is mentioned on the right hand side of the webpage. But why no subheading as is shown for the other 2 consulates?

It hardly stands out on the page, does it?

Simon

post-174-1250489636_thumb.png

Yes, it does not stand out.

My guess why Phuket is mentioned separately: they have to adjust the webpage, because there is no room for 3 boxes in the center of the page, and don't know how to do that.