Multiple Tourist Visa

I am going to Thailand end of March for an unknown time period, could be 12 weeks :o so I was going to apply for a multiple Tourist Visa. The time period could change and it might only be for 8 weeks.

What is the maximum time period between using each multiple visa?

Do I need a return airline ticket when I apply for the visa at the embassy?

Do I need to leave Thailand every 60 days to activate the next visa?

Thank you for any help.

Gibbo

Time period - what it takes to exit/enter/exit/enter - a few minutes.

Up to Consulate as to what you need to show but do not believe most require any kind of ticket.

You can extend a tourist visa for 30 days in country at an immigration office for a valid reason and payment of 1,900 baht. To activate a new entry you must enter so that would require an exit of Thailand.

Time period - what it takes to exit/enter/exit/enter - a few minutes.

Up to Consulate as to what you need to show but do not believe most require any kind of ticket.

You can extend a tourist visa for 30 days in country at an immigration office for a valid reason and payment of 1,900 baht.  To activate a new entry you must enter so that would require an exit of Thailand.

Thank you for the quick reply. On the Thai Embassy web site it states a 6cm x 4cm photo is required. Is this correct or should it be a standard passport size photo?

Regards

Gibbo

I am going to Thailand end of March for an unknown time period, could be 12 weeks  :o so I was going to apply for a multiple Tourist Visa. The time period could change and it might only be for 8 weeks.

What is the maximum time period between using each multiple visa?

Do I need a return airline ticket when I apply for the visa at the embassy?

Do I need to leave Thailand every 60 days to activate the next visa?

Thank you for any help.

Gibbo

What are some examples of a valid reason when applying for a 30 day extension on a tourist visa?

Does it have to be anything compelling?

For example, I would think given the context "would like more time in Thailand as a tourist" would be honest and legitimate. After all, the request is just to be there and spend money.