Best Reason To Give For Tourist Visa Extension

To the OP, there is absolutely no need to worry about what you put on the form. I had continuous tourist visas for over 4 years. I put down want to do more travelling. Even when I went in wearing work clothes they said nothing. I managed to get 4 months once - after the extra 30 days, applried and got 2 weeks then another week, it was only 500 baht then though.

I am looking into applying for a 30 day extension of a 60 day tourist visa.

My honest reason is that I am retired but under 50 and living in Thailand much of the year. That is probably more information than Thai immigration would enjoy hearing about. Or more like it, sort of the wrong answer.

So, what is the standard "reason" to state in this application?

Can you just say "to extend vacation" or "continue touring Thailand" even if you are basically living in one place?

Any suggestions,  tales of experiences, appreciated.

why o why, all you do is to give them a reason to take a deep look at your passport, visa, because they don't understand your comment, and maybe they might send you upstair cause they don't understand your honesty, make it simple and you'll live to make another visa run.

I have to agree with chingy on this 1. Immi are not idiots or fools; they know exactly what you are doing so why try to get creative as they will think you're looking down on them. I was sent upstairs a few years ago and it is not pleasant. that's where they demand plane tickets and the like and use pressure tactics. perhaps you should put on the form that you are a defacto resident cause they know that anyway and they'd respect your honesty. Of course you can always do as the other poster said and marry your g/f and bring the wedding pics. this is always a great way out in thailand is the marriage thing. LOL j/k

To the OP, there is absolutely no need to worry about what you put on the form. I had continuous tourist visas for over 4 years. I put down want to do more travelling. Even when I went in wearing work clothes they said nothing. I managed to get 4 months once - after the extra 30 days, applried and got 2 weeks then another week, it was only 500 baht then though.

I don't think this is a great thing to post in this forum; implying that you worked here on a tourist visa. shame shame